Are we ever going to admit Conor actually looked Really Good against Floyd Mayweather?

Floyd senior would have carried that bum aswell and then knocked out him out later.

giphy.gif

Yep.....

<45><45><45><45><45>

Last edited:
It's Conor, that automatically means the fight was fixed, Floyd carried him, Mendes wasn't ready, Aldo was in a bad place, Eddie was paid off, Cowboy took a dive, etc.. etc...

I'd like to see more gifs made of the shots Conor actually landed to paint a more accurate and objective picture of what happened during the entirety of the fight

To my knowledge, there have only been gifs cherry picked to make Conor look bad lol

Which is funny and entertaining sure, but that level of bias will never tell the full story

When he was fresh, Conor did some impressive work which I've touched upon mainly , afterwards he was pretty hit or miss.

Post the gifs then

Pretty much the only thing I hear from people, especially here is that Floyd carried him. Nobody even says anything about the fight beyond that

But if you watch these first 4 rounds, Conor was fast, was moving his feet EXTREMELY well, his reflexes and head movement were strong, he was putting together some beautiful combos. He showed a very nice jab and was catching Floyd with it. He was timing Floyd and countering him pretty impressively. His pull counters are very much like Floyd's himself

Even Sugar Ray Leonard who was commentating, a top 5 all time boxing great, gave him credit both during and after the fight. Everyone from Larry Holmes to George Foreman to Tyson, Amir Khan, Adrien broner, Terrence Crawford legitimately showed him some love. Many of these guys vocally talked shit about Conor and the fight

By any Intelligent accounts, its virtually impossible to not objectively acknowledge that Conor demonstrated some impressive boxing ability in that fight.

He did get tired and punch himself out, Floyd took him into deep water and drowned them as was expected, but he showed very well for himself prior to that happening.

I just find it odd an mma fighter can have a performance like that in a boxing ring and get absolutely zero credit for it from the MMA community.

All the boxers showed a ton of honest respect , all the mma fighters, all the boxing analysts, everyone who knows the game gave credit where it's due. But not sherdog. The hate is that powerful where it just blinds reality

It's easier to just say Floyd carried him but the fight doesnt lie, anyone who knows boxing knows what happened.

On that note, people need to also realize that Floyd was a 40 year old man. He was fighting a guy who was faster, younger and had better reflexes than him and is known to be a counter fighter, along with being a southpaw.

He played it safe when he was fresh, hit the body hard, made him miss and took him into deeper waters and drowned him. Pretty simple stuff.

Floyd has genius level ring IQ and ability to adapt as well, during the fight Conor exposed his own lack of defense and weakness to forward pressure, which is where you seen Floyd move into an attacking strategy.

This is one example of how hate blinds and makes some of you people twist the truth.

He looked better than 99-100% of the men of his weight from MMA would have.

Check out the stats

https://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-mcgregor-compubox-punch-stats--119895

View attachment 716797

Mayweather averaged 39 punches thrown per round over his long career yet only 6 punches thrown in R1, 10 punches in R2 and 12 punches in R3. That is not an output that will win rounds unless you land something of impressive significance. Mayweather doesn't equal or exceed 39 punches in a round until R7. And it's not that McGregor's boxing pedigree was such that Mayweather could not fight at his normal pace or at a higher output if he was so inclined. McGregor's performance was not high level boxing no matter how times McGregor fans say so on Sherdog.

https://www.cbssports.com/general/news/by-the-numbers-floyd-mayweathers-career-in-perspective/

SFQZs9M.gif

You should try actually watching the fight instead of bringing up stats to argue your incoherent argument

Floyd was a 40 year old man, reflexes arent what they used to be, slower, doesn't move as well. Using career stats during his prime are not going to show you anything accurate here

Only thing you're doing is piggybacking off someone else's shit argument because you lack critical thinking ability for yourself. Maybe understand the game first at least a little on your own before having an opinion

Suspiciously, Conor didn't hurt Mayweather once with all the punches he threw. He was being carried.

Even Floyd came into the fight dressed as a bank robber. We knew what he was implying.

dinyw4tuqaapqio.jpg

Hey look it’s the guy always talking about his training not knowing fuck all about fighting, nothing new here.

he gave Floyd a war he couldn't believe

No matter what anyone says at the very least Conor did in fact show some true talent. Wether or not he was carried, which I don't believe, he still moved well and showed understanding. He is an MMA fighter and stepped in the ring with one of the greatest ever, of course he isn't going to look like a hero. I'm not even a fan of the guy but he did way better than anybody thought he would. He absolutely earned respect for that.

I'd like to see more gifs made of the shots Conor actually landed to paint a more accurate and objective picture of what happened during the entirety of the fight
This one was a damn nice slip counter that caught Mayweather completely off guard:

5YwuKHZ.gif

I literally watch these fights obsessively, sometimes like a dozen times if I want to break down what actually happened

I feel like some of you dudes watch it once, form your opinion and then just leave it at that.

Think we need a bit more depth on this site lads.

Conor almost KOd Floyd, but I was waay more impressed with Floyds performance (clinch & double leg).

Floyd is probably as strong as thai fighters.

This one was a damn nice slip counter that caught Mayweather completely off guard:

5YwuKHZ.gif

Floyd ate that left like a cupcake, but Conors shoulder strikes are as powerful as his left hand was, which means his left is more deadly now.

5YwuKHZ.gif
This and a jab are about the full extent of success Conor had in the fight. A large portion of the punches Conor "landed" were hitting Floyd's arms and shoulders, but that uppercut and another jab were good.

5YwuKHZ.gif

Yep and it barely tickled floyd he has no power in boxing.The skill and power level you need for boxing in MMA and then boxing are light years apart. Conors striking is good for MMA but shit for boxing standards.

Back