Are we ever going to admit Conor actually looked Really Good against Floyd Mayweather?

MescalineDreams

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Pretty much the only thing I hear from people, especially here is that Floyd carried him. Nobody even says anything about the fight beyond that

But if you watch these first 4 rounds, Conor was fast, was moving his feet EXTREMELY well, his reflexes and head movement were strong, he was putting together some beautiful combos. He showed a very nice jab and was catching Floyd with it. He was timing Floyd and countering him pretty impressively. His pull counters are very much like Floyd's himself

Even Sugar Ray Leonard who was commentating, a top 5 all time boxing great, gave him credit both during and after the fight. Everyone from Larry Holmes to George Foreman to Tyson, Amir Khan, Adrien broner, Terrence Crawford legitimately showed him some love. Many of these guys vocally talked shit about Conor and the fight

By any Intelligent accounts, its virtually impossible to not objectively acknowledge that Conor demonstrated some impressive boxing ability in that fight.

He did get tired and punch himself out, Floyd took him into deep water and drowned them as was expected, but he showed very well for himself prior to that happening.

I just find it odd an mma fighter can have a performance like that in a boxing ring and get absolutely zero credit for it from the MMA community.

All the boxers showed a ton of honest respect , all the mma fighters, all the boxing analysts, everyone who knows the game gave credit where it's due. But not sherdog. The hate is that powerful where it just blinds reality

It's easier to just say Floyd carried him but the fight doesnt lie, anyone who knows boxing knows what happened.

On that note, people need to also realize that Floyd was a 40 year old man. He was fighting a guy who was faster, younger and had better reflexes than him and is known to be a counter fighter, along with being a southpaw.

He played it safe when he was fresh, hit the body hard, made him miss and took him into deeper waters and drowned him. Pretty simple stuff.

Floyd has genius level ring IQ and ability to adapt as well, during the fight Conor exposed his own lack of defense and weakness to forward pressure, which is where you seen Floyd move into an attacking strategy.

This is one example of how hate blinds and makes some of you people twist the truth.

No. It's called selling a second potential fight. If Floyd had just schooled him from the beginning, no one would give a shit about a rematch.

Now, there is "hope". People do funny things when millions are on the table.

Last edited:
SFQZs9M.gif

Go home TS.

Sherturds will never admit anything positive for Conor.

These threads keep getting worse. TS is just bad.

Last edited:
He looked good because he was allowed to look good.

Conor looked good early, of that there is no doubt.

He didnt. Everyone, lol, who paid 100 potatoes for that should personally thank Floyd Mayweather to still be talented enough to play puppet master and give people and celebrities alike their money s worth. I say that for the souls who couldnt see the transparent nature of what was going on.

Conor haters will never give any credit whatsoever to Conor. They'll even believe conspiracy theories ("he took a dive", "Mayweather carried him", etc) before giving him his dues.

Even in this thread you have morons claiming Floyd gives a shit about "giving the people a show", something he's never given a shit about, ever.

Floyd carried him, you bum. The moment he decided to end the fight, he ended it and Conor was like a helpless deer getting pummelled into submission. He tried to run like he did against Nate, but there's no running in a boxing ring.

his reflexes are crazy, his power is very good for an mma fighter but average at boxing, his movement was well creative, and his footwork was interesting. as good as you could expect an mma fighter to look like. that being said, Floyd was a 41 year old 20 lbs lighter 2 years retired non puncher who carried him to give the fans something to cheer. if his life depended on it, i think this version of Floyd could have koed Conor much much earlier. Like 2-4 rounds.

No. It's called selling a second potential fight. If Floyd has just schooled him from the beginning, no one would give a shit about a rematch.

Now, there is "hope".
Would've been risky

Hes a 40 year old man a decade past his prime

Conor isnt an elite level boxer but he had great reflexes, moved his feet very well, he was moving his head well and he was known to be a counter fighter with similar pull counters to Floyd himself. Along with being a southpaw

Conor demonstrated some very nice combos, a strong jab

When he was fresh, it would've been risky for floyd to just move forward and attack, maybe he could've in his earlier years but not at his age and level of speed.

Floyd plays it safe as he always does. This fight was no different

Even with Floyd in full turtle mode, Conor was tagging him, not with anything super damaging but he was tagging him a fair bit

And I've been watching floyd since 2007. I know him very well. One of my biggest boxing inspirations since day 1. Hes the last guy to just allow himself to get hit.

Funny thing is how worried Floyd senior was, I know he has brain damage but still, he seemed to take it very seriously. The plan seemed to be to feel Conor out at first then pressure him when he begins to fade, if you watch the fight and listen to Floyd's corner that was clearly the plan. Floyd is obviously the better boxer but I don't think he really went easy on Conor and I guarantee he didn't intend on taking that uppercut in rd 1.

Floyd threw no offense in the first 3 rounds. It is practically impossible to look bad when the other guy is not trying. When Floyd actually started to fight Conor had nothing for him. Good on him for staying in there but those early rounds don't tell an accurate story.

Floyd carried him. Manny wouldn't, he'd TKO him in 3. Even today.

Back