Are we ever going to admit Conor actually looked Really Good against Floyd Mayweather?

Conor looked better than Canelo vs Floyd

Couldn't tell you, but when one of the GOAT boxers has a lengthy fight with what amounts to an amateur boxer, it's safe to say the pro-boxing legend was not going 100%.

TS spitting facts while haters spitting hate.

Mma fans are, on average, at least a standard deviation higher in IQ than boxing fans.

It’s no suprise you got lots of ball licking Floyd fans angry. They don’t understand fighting or this world in general so they seem to get angry a lot.

A solid and respectable thread by TS. Come and hate, Floyd ball lickers.

Hes a 40 year old man. He was fighting a younger fighter in his prime who has great reflexes, footwork, moves his head and counters well and is also a south paw.

In his younger days, perhaps you would see Floyd open up early. Not at 40 though.

It would've been a risk to do much more than he did in those rounds. I've been watching floyd since 2007, hes not going to just allow himself go get hit with punches.

Conor was tagging him and it wasn't because Floyd was sandbagging. Floyd was in his shell early because trying to battle Conor when he was fresh at his age would've been stupid with how Conor was fighting. He was being beaten to the punch, Conor had a big edge in reflexes and speed.

Conor was impressive in those early rounds. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs go back and watch multiple times if need be

his whole gameplan revolved around making him miss and punch himself out, attacking the body and taking it into those later rounds. Pretty basic stuff.

Conors lack of defense and ability to deal with pressure was exposed mid fight though and you seen floyd recognize it and switch up his approach

Impressive in what sense? Technically or because he was the aggressor or was still alive at the start of the fifth ?
Technically is was amateurish at best no matter how you're trying to spin it.
But still he is a professional fighter that was younger heavier taller he wasn't gonna lay down and he can punch. So it's no surprise that he was gonna look ok in the first few rounds. Every body can look good in the beginning of a fight including me who has done muay Thai and kck boxing for long time... But that is when things start getting ugly and when you have to fight through fatigue you see real boxer. In that sense mcg was no different than any one who's never boxed not even at ameteur level , this was when the fight started to be meaningless once Mayweather had him figured out the fight was nothing more than a circus.

You saying how he looked good in the early rounds doesn't tell the whole story even more when you obviously lack some real boxing knowledge.
You were impressed, I wasn't.

Last edited:
TS spitting facts while haters spitting hate.

Mma fans are, on average, at least a standard deviation higher in IQ than boxing fans.

It’s no suprise you got lots of ball licking Floyd fans angry. They don’t understand fighting or this world in general so they seem to get angry a lot.

A solid and respectable thread by TS. Come and hate, Floyd ball lickers.

Stop...

I have had this debate with him

It's embarrassing to overlook the fact that Floyd threw many more against legit killers than conor

Keeps mentioning pros saying he looked good

It would look sour grapes if many ex pros trashed him. They decided to be classy

Tony bellew, allan green, froch and others were a bit more critical of conor, as they knew Floyd was sparring with him

Floyd walked forward with a high guard and treated him like pro boxers that spar amateurs

Floyd 100000% carried conor

Watch the fight a few more times. Especially those early rounds and get back to me.

Floyd did not "carry him" through those rounds.

That's the only stupid myth that needs go be gone.

That was someone being beaten to the punch. Someone who had vastly slower reflexes and was slower in general. That was an aged floyd against a fighter in his prime.

People are like "oh Floyd's never fought like that" no shit. Hes fucking 40. Floyd plays it safe and smart. Do people think it would've been wise if he just came out the gate swinging at his age? Lol

If we were talking about a younger floyd then maybe the logic would be correct.

Other than that, I agree. Conors holes in defense and weakness against pressure were exposed, progressively as he got more tired, which is where you seen floyd switch up his game and go on the offensive.

Conors best was fleeting and he certainly doesnt have world class cardio. But when he was fresh, he was doing some good work. Which is what every pro boxer gave him that respect for. That wasn't just being classy. Its obvious what happened.

Go back and watch the first 5 rounds again. Multiple times if need be. Maybe you'll see something different. I have a feeling a lot of you guys watch it once then leave it at that.

You should try actually watching the fight instead of bringing up stats to argue your incoherent argument

Floyd was a 40 year old man, reflexes arent what they used to be, slower, doesn't move as well. Using career stats during his prime are not going to show you anything accurate here

Only thing you're doing is piggybacking off someone else's shit argument because you lack critical thinking ability for yourself. Maybe understand the game first at least a little on your own before having an opinion
Well Floyd also averaged 35 punches/round against Berto, when he was already past prime. I don't think the 2 years layoff justify him throwing less than 10 punches/round against Conor

Pretty much the only thing I hear from people, especially here is that Floyd carried him. Nobody even says anything about the fight beyond that

But if you watch these first 4 rounds, Conor was fast, was moving his feet EXTREMELY well, his reflexes and head movement were strong, he was putting together some beautiful combos. He showed a very nice jab and was catching Floyd with it. He was timing Floyd and countering him pretty impressively. His pull counters are very much like Floyd's himself

Even Sugar Ray Leonard who was commentating, a top 5 all time boxing great, gave him credit both during and after the fight. Everyone from Larry Holmes to George Foreman to Tyson, Amir Khan, Adrien broner, Terrence Crawford legitimately showed him some love. Many of these guys vocally talked shit about Conor and the fight

By any Intelligent accounts, its virtually impossible to not objectively acknowledge that Conor demonstrated some impressive boxing ability in that fight.

He did get tired and punch himself out, Floyd took him into deep water and drowned them as was expected, but he showed very well for himself prior to that happening.

I just find it odd an mma fighter can have a performance like that in a boxing ring and get absolutely zero credit for it from the MMA community.

All the boxers showed a ton of honest respect , all the mma fighters, all the boxing analysts, everyone who knows the game gave credit where it's due. But not sherdog. The hate is that powerful where it just blinds reality

It's easier to just say Floyd carried him but the fight doesnt lie, anyone who knows boxing knows what happened.

On that note, people need to also realize that Floyd was a 40 year old man. He was fighting a guy who was faster, younger and had better reflexes than him and is known to be a counter fighter, along with being a southpaw.

He played it safe when he was fresh, hit the body hard, made him miss and took him into deeper waters and drowned him. Pretty simple stuff.

Floyd has genius level ring IQ and ability to adapt as well, during the fight Conor exposed his own lack of defense and weakness to forward pressure, which is where you seen Floyd move into an attacking strategy.

This is one example of how hate blinds and makes some of you people twist the truth.

In the five years that I spent on Sherdog, I read a lot of stupid things. A LOT.
But this ranks up there. High up right there. This is just flat-earthing level.
This is just plain ridiculous. Floyd had MUCH more trouble sparring than during his "fight" against Conor, and tooled with him like a cat with a dead mouse.
Sorry, Conor did NOT look good against Floyd. Floyd let Conor do stuff for four rounds and then gave him a legendary spanking for six rounds. A pillow fisted, 40 years old semiretired boxer punched at will, ate the best that Conor could throw and walk through Conor's hand as through sprinklers.
There is no hate twisting the truth, here. It was a shitshow, a travesty of a fight. Any serious top 5 or top 10 would starch Conor inside two rounds.
Would Conor defeat Floyd in a MMA fight? Absolutely, no question about it.
But that wasn't even a fight.

I don't think you know what the definition of the word fact is.
certainly understand objective facts better than what your clearly biased and cherry picked definition of them are

Unlike many of you I am not fueled by emotion

I also don't give a fuck. I only wish to arrive at whatever is most true. Some of you guys are too Interested in pushing a certain narrative or agenda to be real or have any sort of critical thought

In the five years that I spent on Sherdog, I read a lot of stupid things. A LOT.
But this ranks up there. High up right there. This is just flat-earthing level.
This is just plain ridiculous. Floyd had MUCH more trouble sparring than during his "fight" against Conor, and tooled with him like a cat with a dead mouse.
Sorry, Conor did NOT look good against Floyd. Floyd let Conor do stuff for four rounds and then gave him a legendary spanking for six rounds. A pillow fisted, 40 years old semiretired boxer punched at will, ate the best that Conor could throw and walk through Conor's hand as through sprinklers.
There is no hate twisting the truth, here. It was a shitshow, a travesty of a fight. Any serious top 5 or top 10 would starch Conor inside two rounds.
Would Conor defeat Floyd in a MMA fight? Absolutely, no question about it.
But that wasn't even a fight.
I'd say that's largely on you than me.

How many times have you watched the fight if you dont mind me asking

certainly understand objective facts better than what your clearly biased and cherry picked definition of them are

Unlike many of you I am not fueled by emotion

I also don't give a fuck. I only wish to arrive at whatever is most true. Some of you guys are too Interested in pushing a certain narrative or agenda to be real or have any sort of critical thought
Every post I've had in this thread has presented actual footage of the fight and actual statistics of the fight. Those are facts.
Every post you've had in this thread has been pure opinion, from start to finish, without a shred of factual data to back any of it up.

Just stop.

If this is true (which it is), then it's really sad, because MMA fans are some of the most fucking stupid shit for brains morons I've ever had the displeasure of conversing and arguing with.

Well Floyd also averaged 35 punches/round against Berto, when he was already past prime. I don't think the 2 years layoff justify him throwing less than 10 punches/round against Conor
Berto was pretty past prime too

The big thing really was Conors reflexes and speed( relative to floyd)

Floyd always has that edge no matter who hes fighting. Even against berto. Speed and reflexes

The discrepancy was very real this time though. In a few ways, Conor was a genuine threat to an old floyd during those early rounds.

He also had an unorthodox style. There is a certain wild card element to him. Where as with Berto, all his footage is there, you know what he does and how he does it.

It wasn't floyd taking the rounds off. It had everything to do with him playing a smart game against a different style of opponent, while at the same time being an older fighter.

On that note, Floyd actually deserves praise as well. He put a master class on him in his old age

Watch the fight a few more times. Especially those early rounds and get back to me.

Floyd did not "carry him" through those rounds.

That's the only stupid myth that needs go be gone.

That was someone being beaten to the punch. Someone who had vastly slower reflexes and was slower in general. That was an aged floyd against a fighter in his prime.

People are like "oh Floyd's never fought like that" no shit. Hes fucking 40. Floyd plays it safe and smart. Do people think it would've been wise if he just came out the gate swinging at his age? Lol

If we were talking about a younger floyd then maybe the logic would be correct.

Other than that, I agree. Conors holes in defense and weakness against pressure were exposed, progressively as he got more tired, which is where you seen floyd switch up his game and go on the offensive.

Conors best was fleeting and he certainly doesnt have world class cardio. But when he was fresh, he was doing some good work. Which is what every pro boxer gave him that respect for. That wasn't just being classy. Its obvious what happened.

Go back and watch the first 5 rounds again. Multiple times if need be. Maybe you'll see something different. I have a feeling a lot of you guys watch it once then leave it at that.

"Which is what every pro boxer gave him that respect for"

Which does not mean they were impressed by his technique and akward magic movements.

Last edited:
"You know I carried McGregor. You know I made it look good for y'all."

-Floyd Mayweather

That's all that you need to know.

SFQZs9M.gif

Go home TS.
TS is a teen living in the attic because he is only 5 feet tall

Every post I've had in this thread has presented actual footage of the fight and actual statistics of the fight. Those are facts.
Every post you've had in this thread has been pure opinion, from start to finish, without a shred of factual data to back any of it up.

Just stop.
You post cherry picked footage of the fight

Nobody has actually made gifs of the shots Conor landed or what he did that was successful. Only things that made him look bad. The footage is comical and entertaining but its clearly a skewed example

You posted statistics which showed he threw less punches in those first three rounds with no real explanation as to why other than, floyd took the rounds off.

Some of you guys are using stats as well compiled during Floyd's prime which is not going to give you an accurate picture at all. We are talking about an old version of floyd

I also refuted all your cherry picked "facts" with a long post and you gave me no response.

Anyone can cherry pick data to validate some stubborn confirmation bias they cant seem to admit is wrong. Harder to actually think critically

You should try actually watching the fight and understanding boxing. You'll get much closer to the truth that way. Watch it 10 times if you have to. Maybe you'll see something different

Last edited:
Thank Floyd.
Had McGregor fought someone merciless like Canelo or Juan Manuel Marquez, they would've knocked him out stiff under two rounds.

Back