are many of you ex members of wokrout forums?

babyjay

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Back in 99 i was a member of elitefitness. They started making us pay so i moved on to anabolex. I was always into MMA during the that time, but no one on those boards had answers to my questions regarding MMA. Saw a few highlights on from napster and the site sherdog was embedded in the video links. I think it was sakurabas or bas ruttens highlighs

Ive been banned a few times here because i was used to the netiquitte from those boards. MMA pretty much filled in the void where bodybuilidng used to be for me.

Anyone from the same boat? Which forums were u from? Or still are posting from?

Interesting stuff. Change the thread title to 'what other workout forums do you belong or used to belong to'. I'm curious to what other people here go to.

Other than sherdog SnP, I lurk at the stronglifts.com forum and IronAddicts.com forum.

I joined bodybuilding.com 2 months before I joined here. I originally came here for the grappling forum.

I've been a member of the Hardgainer Rountable since 2001. Marunde-muscle for a short time before being banned, and recently joined the P and B.

Sometimes I go to t-nation, animalpak, or bodybuilding.com and rosstraining

I've been a member of the Hardgainer Rountable since 2001. Marunde-muscle for a short time before being banned, and recently joined the P and B.

lol why did you get banned from marunde

I lurk on BB.com sometimes to see what kinda stuff those guys do, surprisingly lots of them (the ones who have logs anyway) Squat and Deadlift, and Rippetoe's routine is widely discussed on there.

lol this is the funniest shit Ive read today from BB.com forums:

Originally Posted by noogledoogle View Post
so i just got done doing a rippetoe workout program for the last 3 months. each week i ended up getting weaker and weaker and weaker. i thought myabe i was dying so i went to my doctor and asked him what was going on and he told me the rippetoe program was the problem. nobody can get any stronger only doing a couple of the same boring exercises every week, it is not humanly possible. i asked him why then it was so popular and he told me that its been around for ages and was originally made as a joke. nowadays all these advocates of it havent even done it, so you know they are lying and just blind lemmings. its a self perpetuating lie. all the e-warriros want to sound like they know something so they sit around repeating what other lemmings type, just like a parrot. the more wanna be types who do this, the more it gets spread. its like a cancer and that cancer has taken root in bb.com.

ask yourself this, all these rippetoe fanatics say this has been around for decadres. OH REALLY? but its only become popular here at bb.com for a few months at best. give me a break. its a dumb fad. finally enough poor suckers will be like me and run the program perfectly only to see what a failure waste of time it is. but until then, newbs will suffer.

listen to me though and DO NOT RUN THIS PROGRAM. its a pure failure and will not work.

so i just got done doing a rippetoe workout program for the last 3 months. each week i ended up getting weaker and weaker and weaker. i thought myabe i was dying so i went to my doctor and asked him what was going on and he told me the rippetoe program was the problem. nobody can get any stronger only doing a couple of the same boring exercises every week, it is not humanly possible. i asked him why then it was so popular and he told me that its been around for ages and was originally made as a joke. nowadays all these advocates of it havent even done it, so you know they are lying and just blind lemmings. its a self perpetuating lie. all the e-warriros want to sound like they know something so they sit around repeating what other lemmings type, just like a parrot. the more wanna be types who do this, the more it gets spread. its like a cancer and that cancer has taken root in bb.com.

ask yourself this, all these rippetoe fanatics say this has been around for decadres. OH REALLY? but its only become popular here at bb.com for a few months at best. give me a break. its a dumb fad. finally enough poor suckers will be like me and run the program perfectly only to see what a failure waste of time it is. but until then, newbs will suffer.

listen to me though and DO NOT RUN THIS PROGRAM. its a pure failure and will not work.

Wow. I am speechless. That is the god damn stupidest shit I have ever heard. "nobody can get any stronger only doing a couple of the same boring exercises every week, it is not humanly possible".

This guy really knows his shit, huh? :rolleyes:

Other than that, I recently joined St. Wilhelms and Gripboard.com.

btw...I know someone on elitefitness and says he is coming out with a cookbook for BB's. I found out he was copying and pasting recipes from other sites and calling them his. Some of the recipes are even word for word its ridiculous.

Holy shit. I hope that is some kind of sick joke. A so called "fad" that made me stronger is good enough for me.

I lurk and have an account on Bodybuilding.com that I rarely post on. The teen section is to far gone...the powerlifting section has some good people in it, though.

BTW, I'm not sure if anyone here has checked the teen section lately, but if you have you probably couldn't have missed the whole _Bladen_ drama LOL.

If this turns into a Bodybuilding.com bash fest with a bunch of quotes from their message board so help me god I will fucking shit.

That guy who I quoted got crucified for that post, just like whitebelts do when they post similar stuff here. Like I said, theres actually alot of good lifters on there especially some of the older guys who are not so bothered with aesthetics.

lol why did you get banned from marunde

Someone started a thread about christianity in strongman, and I gave my anti-religion opinions. I was told by a moderator that using the terms "blind" and "naive" when referring to christians constituted a personal attack. Even though I never singled anyone out or quoted anyone and was just speaking about christian fundamentalists in general. This was after Jesse died. When I realized I was banned, I emailed the webmaster saying Fascism probably isn't what Jesse wanted.

Someone started a thread about christianity in strongman, and I gave my anti-religion opinions. I was told by a moderator that using the terms "blind" and "naive" when referring to christians constituted a personal attack. Even though I never singled anyone out or quoted anyone and was just speaking about christian fundamentalists in general. This was after Jesse died. When I realized I was banned, I emailed the webmaster saying Fascism probably isn't what Jesse wanted.

I like the marunde board for the most part, but they really take their Jebus-stuff too serious.

I had to quit posting in that thread. Otherwise, I most certainly would have met the same fate as you. The narrow minded Jesus speak was infuriating.

I didn't recognize you over there fatty.

I had to quit posting in that thread. Otherwise, I most certainly would have met the same fate as you. The narrow minded Jesus speak was infuriating.

Don't you argue with TEH FACTS, mister. Behold:

PancakeJesus.JPG

I myself started out here, and since then ventured to various boards, but never felt the need to do more than lurk around.

Hung around some military boards, was informed of RossTraining, where I was informed of Crossfit, where I was informed of Rippetoe, and after starting Rip I started hanging out at sherdog.

Thus, I browse: RossTraining, CF, Strengthmill, Sherdog, Performancemenu, perhaps some others...

I have been back less than three days and the Broad Paintbrushing of Christians begins--or maybe it never ended.

I lurked on here for a couple of weeks before joining. This is the first forum I've ever visited, ever, much less joined. I now occasionally lurk at RossTraining forums to get some more training ideas, but I have yet to join.

Back