are many of you ex members of wokrout forums?

I visit t-nation forums as well as marunde-muscle pretty regularly as well, but mainly to just get information

I have been back less than three days and the Broad Paintbrushing of Christians begins--or maybe it never ended.

BTW Keith, I don't know about anyone else, but it bothers me just as much when people bash Christianity as when they bash just about any other religion, except for maybe the Goat-Sacrificing Buttfackers. I just don't believe in censorship.

If those guys were so secure in their Christianity, why did they have to ban JPC instead of letting him speak his mind? I like that quote about God giving us minds, but then expecting us to use them instead of relying on blind faith.

I used to belong to abcbodybuilding.com for a long time. While their routines didn't exactly advocate strength and power, they had excellent articles that were heavily rooted in scientific theory.

If there ever was a place that was the antithesis of Sherdog, that would be it. The moderators and admin's were all fanatical born again christians who didn't allow profanity or revealing pictures (which I actually had no problem with).

I still pop in from time to time to read some of their articles on nutrition.

marunde, freetrainers, rosstraining, bodybuilding, gripboard, and some others....tho i only really post on sherdog.

marunde is a bit too heavy on religious overtones from time to time and things you can say. Gripboard is too PC as well. bodybuilding is like sherdog...few gems in a bucket of shit....i'd say HWs is like a direct equivalent to teen section.

BTW Keith, I don't know about anyone else, but it bothers me just as much when people bash Christianity as when they bash just about any other religion, except for maybe the Goat-Sacrificing Buttfackers. I just don't believe in censorship.

If those guys were so secure in their Christianity, why did they have to ban JPC instead of letting him speak his mind? I like that quote about God giving us minds, but then expecting us to use them instead of relying on blind faith.

I have had a difficult time when people want to do nothing more than desecreate things that I hold sacred ( such as the I would like to take a piss on _______) and then claiming they are "just speaking their mind" or that are offering a differing viewpoint,,,I have yet to see any of this bashing that is rampant on this site, be anything more than faith-baiting and ridicule......

I will not ask anyone to tone it down or "censor" the board, its not my board and I dont have that right,,,it that is how people sincerely feel about Christians, then I can only assume that is how they feel about me and its best that I remove myself as to not offend anyone.

i guess it did;nt work out. again

marunde, freetrainers, rosstraining, bodybuilding, gripboard, and some others....tho i only really post on sherdog.

marunde is a bit too heavy on religious overtones from time to time and things you can say. Gripboard is too PC as well. bodybuilding is like sherdog...few gems in a bucket of shit....i'd say HWs is like a direct equivalent to teen section.

Marunde's board gets so little traffic there that I'm still yet to see any of that. That board gets maybe 50 posts per day I think, it's extremely slow.

Fenn I was basing my opinion on a while back...havent used it much of recently so cant tell you what's going on there as of now. I have nothing against christians or any other religions....I just feel like there's more to discuss than religion on a lifting/nutrition/conditioning board.

Honestly havent seen much if any religion bashing here. Tho I havent checked out war room in a while...

lol this is the funniest shit Ive read today from BB.com forums:

Originally Posted by noogledoogle View Post
so i just got done doing a rippetoe workout program for the last 3 months. each week i ended up getting weaker and weaker and weaker. i thought myabe i was dying so i went to my doctor and asked him what was going on and he told me the rippetoe program was the problem. nobody can get any stronger only doing a couple of the same boring exercises every week, it is not humanly possible. i asked him why then it was so popular and he told me that its been around for ages and was originally made as a joke. nowadays all these advocates of it havent even done it, so you know they are lying and just blind lemmings. its a self perpetuating lie. all the e-warriros want to sound like they know something so they sit around repeating what other lemmings type, just like a parrot. the more wanna be types who do this, the more it gets spread. its like a cancer and that cancer has taken root in bb.com.

ask yourself this, all these rippetoe fanatics say this has been around for decadres. OH REALLY? but its only become popular here at bb.com for a few months at best. give me a break. its a dumb fad. finally enough poor suckers will be like me and run the program perfectly only to see what a failure waste of time it is. but until then, newbs will suffer.

listen to me though and DO NOT RUN THIS PROGRAM. its a pure failure and will not work.

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. Over the last year there is MAYBE 10 at the most different lifts I've done and my strength in every aspect has increased at least 1.8x and is still rising.

Edit: Someone should tell that guy that nutrition and workout regime should come hand in hand. If your nutrition is lacking, the best workout regime on the planet wont do shit.

lol Im pretty sure it was a trolljob. The guy said he was getting so weak he felt like he was dying. Its quite funny actually :)

I have read Sherdog for many years but didn't post. About a year before I joined Sherdog to start posting, I got into lifting and joined bodybuilding.com. Eventually I got tired of sorting through the 1,000 crappy posts to find 1 good one in the HW forum. So I started looking at other forums on Sherdog, and got interested in the conditioning forum. There I found out about rosstraining.com. But since I can't stand conditioning, I eventually ended up in here.

I have had a difficult time when people want to do nothing more than desecreate things that I hold sacred ( such as the I would like to take a piss on _______) and then claiming they are "just speaking their mind" or that are offering a differing viewpoint,,,I have yet to see any of this bashing that is rampant on this site, be anything more than faith-baiting and ridicule......

I will not ask anyone to tone it down or "censor" the board, its not my board and I dont have that right,,,it that is how people sincerely feel about Christians, then I can only assume that is how they feel about me and its best that I remove myself as to not offend anyone.

i guess it did;nt work out. again
I don't know where you are reading this stuff, I haven't seen it in this forum. Maybe you are going into The War Room? Those places are best avoided.

I wasn't even bashing christianity. I was simply questioning the closed minded ideas of the fundamentalists who believe their "faith" is based on fact, and only their beliefs are right and all others wrong when they have no credible evidence. That goes for all religions. I stated that I had no problem with those that understand they're beliefs are a matter of faith. People have a right to question these things. Laws and policies and the fate of nations is many times controlled by these dangerous beliefs.

Don't let it get to you, Keith. Being a Christian myself, I usually brush it aside when people ridicule what I believe. I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so if they hate Christianity that's fine by me. I can't make them believe.

I wasn't even bashing christianity. I was simply questioning the closed minded ideas of the fundamentalists who believe their "faith" is based on fact, and only their beliefs are right and all others wrong when they have no credible evidence. That goes for all religions. I stated that I had no problem with those that understand they're beliefs are a matter of faith. People have a right to question these things. Laws and policies and the fate of nations is many times controlled by these dangerous beliefs.

I agree with you. Try questioning Scientologists. Those people are the worst. Even though I really dont consider it a religion, more like a cult.
I dont like to follow any kind of religion.

I have been back less than three days and the Broad Paintbrushing of Christians begins--or maybe it never ended.

I was not bashing Christians. You'd probably be surprised to know that I grew up Christian and attended Catholic school for twelve years. I have an appreciation for all religions, whether or not I feel any personal connection to them.

My post was referring to one specific thread on another board, in which a number of "Christians" were telling non-Christians that essentially, they were doomed because they chose the wrong god or happened to be unlucky enough to have been born into a culture where Christianity was not an option.

I even used the thread to ask the question: who is in the better position to earn salvation in the end... someone who loves his family, is faithful to his wife, cherishes his daughter and is kind to strangers, yet never goes to Christian church. Or, is it the man who goes to mass regularly, yet cheats on his wife, doesn't make time for his kids and acts like an asshole in general. Many people answered the latter.

Anyhow, I'm not interested in debating religion. I just wanted to point out that if you think I'd paint Christians or any other religion with a broad brush, then you don't know me all that well.

note: The above does not apply to Scientologists. They're all crazy.

^^ Catholic school? Same here. The nuns were a little on the nutty side (seriously, we had one that was an ex-Marine with...problems...), but a lot of us through my high school became pretty open-minded about other cultures and religions. I think other religions and denominations outnumbered the Catholics there, now that I'm thinking about it, lol.

Back