are many of you ex members of wokrout forums?

I went for 3 years to a Judaic school and 5 years to a catholic university so I also have quite a bit of exposure to religion.

This is why I try to leave religious discussions alone. Too inflammatory.
That said, I hope KW or anybody else doesn't quit here just because someone said something sacreligious. I'm Christian, Greek Orthodox, and people have been saying bad things about Christians since Christ walked the Earth.

I got negative repped by the same guy i was defending from a troll. I haven't been back on BB.com ever since. I still shop there though.

I have had a difficult time when people want to do nothing more than desecreate things that I hold sacred ( such as the I would like to take a piss on _______) and then claiming they are "just speaking their mind" or that are offering a differing viewpoint,,,I have yet to see any of this bashing that is rampant on this site, be anything more than faith-baiting and ridicule......

I will not ask anyone to tone it down or "censor" the board, its not my board and I dont have that right,,,it that is how people sincerely feel about Christians, then I can only assume that is how they feel about me and its best that I remove myself as to not offend anyone.

i guess it did;nt work out. again

So I guessed it right. I had wondered wether you disappearing had anything to do with my harsh anitreligious posts.
The reason why my posts were so harsh was becuae they weren't really serious. It was a joke in some way. I "pissed" on about every represantative of any religion that just came to my mind.
I don't critique christianity in any way. I really don't care at all as long as it doens't bother me. What I don't like is the missionary approach almost all of the big religions have.
You never crossed that line of trying to crusade anyone. But I also never attacked you as a person.
I am generally against all censorship. I wanna be allowed to make fun of anything.
On a sidenote do we probably share more morals than you might think. Just for different reasons.
If one brings up critiquepoints like: the crusades, inquisition, the supression of womenrights, homophobia or even gayhatred, people always say that this is not their christianity. That this is not what their religion is for them. But why not just call it something else? Why step under a banner that was used for so many bad things?
I admit that I am always more cautious with a person which strongly belongs to any kind of religion. I ask more questions before I decide wether I like this person or not.
E.g. a muslim I would ask his opinion about womenrights and a fundamentalistic christian I would ask his opinion about homosexuality.
I am kind of a radical when it comes to freedom. And all religions have rules. So we just don't really fit.
- Some Islamic fundamentlists want women to wear headscarves or even burkas.
- Some Christian fundamentalists want to forbid people to be homosexual
- Some jews want to forbid people to work on saturday
the list goes on.
Many restrictions in freedom people have to live with have their origin in religion. That is why I am kind of aggressive when it comes to this topic.
Well... in the end I make fun of your believes and you are more than welcome to make fun of mine.

*pulls out schlong*

"Nah, Jeebus. Not this time."

*puts schlong back in*

^^^^
Yeah, we joke around a lot, and sometimes people don't see the joke right away. I remember some dude got their panties in a bunch cuz we made fun of curl monkeys. Then we responding by doing the whole fruit forum thing. That was awesome.

edit:
found it, starts here, but takes off at page page 145
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?p=18894182#post18894182

edit2:
There are such things as fruit forums!
http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/fruit/
http://www.agardenersforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/postlist/Board/46

When I have the time, I'm going to join and post a new thread with:
"so I was buying fruit I was at the farmers market, and I see this total noob buying some over ripe watermelon. I should've smashed his face with the watermelon and said 'ripe enough for ya' "

"so I was buying fruit I was at the farmers market, and I see this total noob buying some over ripe watermelon. I should've smashed his face with the watermelon and said 'ripe enough for ya' "

I loled again. That was one of the best running gas ever in here. And this line was definatelly the icing on the cake.

I know these two Christians. They're both dweebs.

Odd how their mothers gave them the same name.

That was indeed a great running gag.

Graedy I share a lot of your sentiment. On the other hand I am also fairly cautious about what I say in terms of persons religion or religious beliefs(and usually if i do say something that can be taking negatively it's because I am joking and I think that person gets the joke and is not that uptight about it...)....like zerocrew admitted to me that he has 3 other wifes chained in the basement but for the sake of appearances he says he only has one......;)

...like zerocrew admitted to me that he has 3 other wifes chained in the basement but for the sake of appearances he says he only has one......;)

lies.

zerocrew and 4 womens? lol.

his tag is "zero crew" for a reason. i'm skeptical about his 1 wife.

bahahahahaha, 3 other wifes chained in the basement...

i dont have a basement.

I'm Christian, Greek Orthodox, and people have been saying bad things about Christians since Christ walked the Earth.

Which also goes for every other religion known to man. Everyone is a persecutee.

We athiests/agnostics get persecuted too. And what about the Wiccans? They got burned at the stake, usually from false accusations.

Fatty what did you do to get the yellow cards? Or is that just a self inflicted thing in support of Barut or something?

Fatty what did you do to get the yellow cards? Or is that just a self inflicted thing in support of Barut or something?

Have you ever seen a quadruple yellow before?

We athiests/agnostics get persecuted too. And what about the Wiccans? They got burned at the stake, usually from false accusations.

But the difference is, atheists/agnostics are persecuted IRL whereas religious people are persecuted online more often, but very little IRL.

There is a store here with a handful of crabapples on major discount ($12 for 7'), none with variety names.
I'd like some but only if they fruit.

Can I tell by the buds, or some other feature? They are leafless at this point.

Thanks if you can help.

Back