Are Americans falling behind in MMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a chance Australia could have two champs by the end of the year (Whittaker and Volkanovski), I would have laughed at that possibility a few years ago.

The US is the biggest country? The US isn't the most successful country in the world in MMA? I hope you are trolling.

bjj is popular to train because you don't get punched. mma hurts, therefore more people train bjj

We have very little idea mma has no real ranking system outside mma nor any set criteria to get into the ufc
What does that even mean?
My point if for the most part all the best fighters get offers from the UFC. The lower rank fighters that are used to pad cards out are generally Americans just because it's easier for the UFC as an American company to fill those slots with Americans. That isn't strictly true either. The UFC still fills cards with regional fighters for their international shows.

I think theyre mostly pretending to be from other countries at the moment.
Im not sure if its politics, money, or WME taking a page from 90s WWE wrestling drama scripts.
See Marty from Nebraska for an example.

An American organisation has mostly American champions what a surprise.

Yeah, because when Pride was alive it had mostly Japanese champions. Oh wait.

The myth that Americans dominate MMA because the UFC is American organization has been debunked over and over. Give it up. America is the best MMA country in the world by a mile. Get used to it.

America does great at the Olympics and has the worst (i.e. essentially non-existent) state support in the entire world. Soon-to-be Olympic gold medalists work in Starbuck's to afford a place to live so they can train their asses off to rep their country. And despite having to concern themselves with paying the bills, they still kill it (especially) at the Summer Olympics every 4 years.

So no, lack of state support has never held back Americans from athletic excellence.
I bet Trump had his micro cock in your butt as you typed this right?

An American organisation has mostly American champions what a surprise.

UFC is known, by most individuals as the pinnacle of MMA organizations. Hence the reason for my post.

In all fairness, I should have listed the champs of all feeder organizations (or organisations, depending on what country you are from and spell the word) but I elected to only list the UFC mens champions.

When other countries athletes take over a majority of the belts in the UFC, I will then say Americans are falling behind in MMA.

There was a million mma gyms when Chuck was knocking people out. They all went out of business and mma quickly faded out of pop culture in the US. There’s very few people who are even casual fans now, and nobody even knows who the champs are.

This is cause of superfights back in the day champs actually defended their belts.

UFC Champions: Rose, Cejudo, TJ, Max, Tyron, Jones, DC.. are all American.
Bellator Champions: Ilima, Caldwell, Chandler, Bader.. are all American.
Americans seem to be doing fine as a whole in the sport of MMA. But reality is the sport is still young and the rest of the world is "catching up".

GXXj2tC.gif

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_filename_640.gif
ALLURc1.jpg

d1.gif
ShockingShockingBrahmanbull-max-1mb.gif

I'm feeling the red, white & blue!

What does that even mean?
My point if for the most part all the best fighters get offers from the UFC. The lower rank fighters that are used to pad cards out are generally Americans just because it's easier for the UFC as an American company to fill those slots with Americans. That isn't strictly true either. The UFC still fills cards with regional fighters for their international shows.
It means we have little to go on as to whos the best pre ufc first nor does everybody good get seen...god knows how many eastern european beasts are fighting for peanuts in some nothing org that never get spotted
Mix in dana lowballing and wmma eating up slots on cards the ufc should be filling with int male alent

Most of you were not around during the Soviet eras domination of the Olympics

State sponsorship works and it works really, really well.

there's nothing wrong with having a private for-profit gym but there is something wrong with not allowing people to practice it at the state/public level.

disallowing Banning and shunning mixed martial arts from state-run "public" facilities!

you can't go to your local community center and practice mixed martial arts they won't let you do it... that's the problem.

In other countries public facilities are for public use they don't tell you what kind of sports you can and can't do there, if you live in Russia and want to start a MMA club in your local gym you won't have a problem doing that... in America there's no way on God's green earth you can start an MMA gym at a community center I tried.

Brazilian jiu-jitsu dominated MMA in the beginning and that's why there are thousands of Brazilian jiu-jitsu gyms all over the country.

wrestling dominates MMA now and you can't find a wrestling as a martial art gym anywhere in the entire country!

When have you ever seen a "wrestling" gym?

wrestling might get included as some kind of Sideshow in the martial arts Buffet line at your Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu gym but you will never find a wrestling exclusive gym.

8 Championship Belts on the Men's Side - 6 are in the hands of US athletes

4 Championship Belts on the Women's Side - 1 is in the hands of a US athlete

7 out of 12 UFC belts controlled by the USA. No other country has more than 1. If the USA is losing, who the fuck is winning?

What a dumb post.

Was about to post exactly this.

Maybe I would have included Bellator's champs as well.

It means we have little to go on as to whos the best pre ufc first nor does everybody good get seen...god knows how many eastern european beasts are fighting for peanuts in some nothing org that never get spotted
Mix in dana lowballing and wmma eating up slots on cards the ufc should be filling with int male alent
By us maybe, though there are poster out there that do eat up every form of MMA that makes it to the internet. You also got to know that the UFC sends invests a lot in talent scouts. The idea that Khabib is just a dime a dozen in Dagestan is silly

3 out of the top five of the longest reigning UFC Champions are not Americans...This is the largest American tournament in the world and it has been statistically dominated by foreigners

Silva, GSP, Aldo

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UFC_champions

The promoters of the UFC are not dummies they know that patriotic American crowds want to see the red white and blue at number one... ever heard of this guy called Brock Lesnar talk about a push campaign LOL

America has the biggest population the most money and the most resources...we have every mathematical Advantage yet we can't even dominate our own MMA tournaments.

slick promoters know how to protect their franchise once again there is a big difference between the best fighters and the best fights.

You see the news on the front page of Sherdog about this promoter pushing a 0- 12 fighter

they're not looking for the best fighters they're looking for the best show and trying to build a franchise anyway they can

By us maybe, though there are poster out there that do eat up every form of MMA that makes it to the internet. You also got to know that the UFC sends invests a lot in talent scouts. The idea that Khabib is just a dime a dozen in Dagestan is silly
While guys equaly good as khabibs may not be dime a dozen i dont share your faith in ufc talent scouts scouring the globe or even western europe that well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back