Opinion AOC paid her student loans on the congressional floor

The obvious point was to show how insanely difficult it is for normal people to pay student debt loans when even she is struggling to do so.
Private school + non-marketable liberal arts degree = sorry not sorry

I guess you would like for an elected official to be like Mitch Mcconnell or his ilk who would surely tell you to go fuck yourself into a pile of your bills while they laugh, having taken all their perks from your tax money.
Did I miss something? Because I didn't hear Mitch say anything like this.
If he did I like him even more though...

Can they? Sure. Is it the norm? No.

So AOC made 780k+ since graduating and hasn't paid her student loans? Not a very smart econ major.
Going off the 6 year figure someone else tossed out—making $130K a year and complaining about hardships is laughable.

Find these figures hard to believe, though.

Private school + non-marketable liberal arts degree = sorry not sorry

Did I miss something? Because I didn't hear Mitch say anything like this.
If he did I like him even more though...

Yep, because all colleges teach are liberal arts. This is known. What an incredibly stupid thing for you to say.

You see. I actually went to trade school. I have zero debt and if things fail in the tourism and entertainment industry for me I could always go back to being a chef.

I have zero issues with my tax dollars going to benefit others who were screwed over people who were taken advantage of as kids forced into crippling debt. I also believe the Wall Street Speculation Tax Bernie proposed to make public post HS education available to all people is a brilliant net positive.

I also have zero issue with the Federal tax dollars used to combat the fire that rendered your family homeless, or FEMA money used to help those who had everything taken from them when Paradise was lost. Granted, living in a highly flammable area was a choice but I consider myself a good natured fella.

Did FEMA fail your family and your community? Or did you turn your nose up at Federal help?

I had good insurance. I took zero dollars from tax payers. Zero.

Have tax dollars been spent to help the community? Sure.

Is a natural disaster caused by Rothschild owned PG&E different than choosing to take on on student debt? Yes.

I worked weekends, breaks and summers in college. I would often work 70 days in a row during the summer. 10+ hours a day. Being a house painter. It sucked.

But I never had to go into debt. That was my choice. My lazy friends took loans, worked no jobs and then complained about debt. Their choice.

No it was a common case. There are plenty of people who make better choices and don't go looking for sympathy on twitter like a certain young lady in congress.

A. She wasn't looking for sympathy, rather highlighting a problem.

B. Your point is a generalization, nothing more, despite you simply backing your assertion with the further assertion of it being a common case.

A. She wasn't looking for sympathy, rather highlighting a problem.

B. Your point is a generalization, nothing more, despite you simply backing your assertion with the further assertion of it being a common case.
A. Her statement: "I just made a payment that took me down to $19,000 so I feel really accomplished right now."
So the little bubblehead want a cookie for paying her bills. Bravo...

B. Sometimes in life we have to put things into categories. I stand by the category I mentioned being fairly common.

College isn't presented as a choice for High School students. They're told for four years that to be successful in the United States a Bachelor's degree is required as a minimum.
Certainly kids are told that college is a must for fields that actually require it—but suggesting that guidance counselors across the board tell kids to avoid trade schools or don’t even present them as an option is a gross exaggeration.

Finger point all you’d like, but anyone who opts to go in debt to attend a private college (or even a state school for that matter) without even a halfway clear career plan shoulders most of the blame here.

Certainly kids are told that college is a must for fields that actually require it—but suggesting that guidance counselors across the board tell kids to avoid trade schools or don’t even present them as an option is a gross exaggeration.

Finger point all you’d like, but anyone who opts to go in debt to attend a private college (or even a state school for that matter) without even a halfway clear career plan shoulders most of the blame here.
The biggest problem IMO is they're telling people who don't like school that this is the magic bullet. Sorry but if you don't like to read and work out hard problems, you won't get anything out of it.

Now you got some schools exceeding $70,000 a year taking bad students and rubber stamping them through easy degrees like psych or communications. I do feel bad for some of these kids because it really is a scam.

She has 20 grand in her account, so shes doing better than something like 95% of the country. If anything, that tells me people in congress make to much money.

Right. Everyone ought to be dirt poor in the richest country in the world.

The biggest problem IMO is they're telling people who don't like school that this is the magic bullet. Sorry but if you don't like to read and work out hard problems, you won't get anything out of it.

Now you got some schools exceeding $70,000 a year taking bad students and rubber stamping them through easy degrees like psych or communications. I do feel bad for some of these kids because it really is a scam.
I find it hard to pity anyone who opts to take out loans for a $70K/year tuition.

She has 20 grand in her account, so shes doing better than something like 95% of the country. If anything, that tells me people in congress make to much money.

Yeah this oppressed brown woman has $19,000 more in her account than this privileged white male.

I fucking hate this cunt
Lol she doesn’t have 19K in her bank account. That’s her student debt balance.

A. Her statement: "I just made a payment that took me down to $19,000 so I feel really accomplished right now."
So the little bubblehead want a cookie for paying her bills. Bravo...

B. Sometimes in life we have to put things into categories. I stand by the category I mentioned being fairly common.

You failed to understand the point she was making, then. Also, categories and mere asserted generalizations are not the same thing.

so she went to a private university and got a useless major, and somehow it's not her fault that she raked up that much in student loans?

Back