Anyone unemployed ?

The plant I worked at for over 7 years shut down in August, and I haven't worked since.

Started school this semester for free, thanks to a program for displaced workers. Gonna go full time for 2 years (hopefully)and try to do something better with my life.

The plant I worked at for over 7 years shut down in August, and I haven't worked since.

Started school this semester for free, thanks to a program for displaced workers. Gonna go full time for 2 years (hopefully)and try to do something better with my life.

Good luck.

I was for about 17months and loved it making $389 a week for doing nothing was cool as hell. Ya it was a bit less then I was making working, but I saved and still had that income so I was never worried. I never once looked for a job because I got comfortable I still was able to pay rent and all my necessity's plus have play money. I filed for food stamps and got $248 a month so i didnt have to worry about food. I tend to hate leaches but I said fuck it, Im probably never going to get Social Security once I retire so I might as well milk this piece of shit government for all I can while Im young.

BALLIN!!!!!!!

i'm not sure if you're serious. at first it seemed smart ass, then serious, then back to smart ass. please clarify.

havent worked in 10+ yrs, im one of the lucky ones i guess

Ive been unemployed for a year. I stopped drinking a few weeks back and my whole life has changed. I was offered 2 jobs today after not receiving 1 offer for an entire year. My only struggle now is deciding which one to take. 1 job I will start off making more and I will be in management but I have almost nowhere to go beyond that in that restaurant. The other job I will be starting at a lower level and lower pay but I will be back into Fine Dining with seasonal menus and an Organic farm on the premises. Both will build my resume is different ways.

I thought you were opening a restaurant in Oregon

I'm going to college, got that post 9/11 GI bill and student loans, and the wifey is working too.

I am. Again. And it blows. It was cool for about a month although I didn't get as much as the first responder. We have a $330 cap in GA (before taxes). But I'd rather earn my money and not be some deadbeat who's car is always parked outside my house all day.

I finally found a full time job at a foundry through a temp agency in late November. Hurt my wrist somehow mid December (it still hurts I think I have a stress fracture) and my boss convinced me to go see the nurse. She called the temp agency and got the to approve me going to Prompt Care to check it out the first week of January. I'm a dumbass and thought there was no way Prompt Care did drug tests, but they did. I hadn't been smoking since the start of the job, although I have had some moments of weakness. I refused to take the test and left. Temp agency insisted I come to the office and take one after work. So I did, and passed with someone else's pee. But HR at the foundry said it looked fishy and still fired me.

So now I'm unemployed again.

And that's bs that you got approved for food stamps jda86. I also thought it was a very "ghetto" thing to do but some people talked me into applying. They wouldn't approve me because I made too much through unemployment. But all these sorry ass pieces of shit who don't even attempt to work get approved left and right. And they buy complete nonsense. 4 gallons of milk and they sell 3 to day cuuuzzins.

I've reapplied for unemployment but I doubt I get approved. I'm fucked basically. I've applied to a ton of places the past week though.

TheDudeGif.gif

I'm not unemployed, but my job is awful and really depresses me to no end.

Bro, if u dont like ur job. Quit.

Theres no point in dragging urself outta the bed. Its bad for ur health too. Life is too short, do what makes u happy. Money will always come & go.

I make minimum wage atm but my job is stress free and i dont mind it.

Currently selling stuff on Ebay and Amazon, also just started an ecommerce site. I need to do some seo's so i can start transferring the sales over to my site. It's fucking awesome working for myself, I have no schedule and can do whatever the hell I want.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of things do you sell on those websites to make a living?

My friend builds bicycles and sells them on ebay, he makes a good living from doing so.

Ironically enough just got laid off on thursday there ffs...So I can either collect some lowball UI for a few months tops or I can search,and more than likely find something to carry me over until we start back up again come May/April,on or off the books.

I was until Wednesday. I was out of work for three months. My wife is still unemployed though. The job I got pays about 50% more than what I was making before and I have benefits after 90 days.

Just sold my business recently and have no plans to look fro anything right. Just gonna kick back for a few more months or until something falls in my lap.

Isn't that the issue :icon_lol:

I have no plans currently thinking about switching my Major to history and becoming a teacher.

Thats actually the path I am on. You should do a social studies endorsement as well so you can teach government, economics, sociology etc.

I'm unemployed, but I really don't mind cause I'm busy completing my math degree. There will be plenty of time for work once I'm done with school.

I thought you were opening a restaurant in Oregon

My bro had to put another bid on it. We might know in a couple Weeks or a couple months. I cant wait any longer. Ultimately I would want that restaurant but I gotta keep myself afloat in the mean time.

Back