Anyone unemployed ?

Everyone missed the "not" in Blitz's post.
Knobs.
Ive been unemployed for a year. I stopped drinking a few weeks back and my whole life has changed. I was offered 2 jobs today after not receiving 1 offer for an entire year. My only struggle now is deciding which one to take. 1 job I will start off making more and I will be in management but I have almost nowhere to go beyond that in that restaurant. The other job I will be starting at a lower level and lower pay but I will be back into Fine Dining with seasonal menus and an Organic farm on the premises. Both will build my resume is different ways.
I want you to take the 2nd one. I'm well chuffed for you, babe. Well done.
ME.

I became unemployed in September. Fortunately, I have a good savings and my family owns a successful business. So I'm using this time to lay back, relax, and enjoy the checks every weeks from UI.

UI?

Count me in I think, I will be a bum for life. unemployed since Sept.2011. I got rejected by companies twice already. Last week I found out that I failed the Qualification test to work for the government they said even though I am smart and knows stuff my handwriting is a big problem.

It is really depressing and at times can really hit your self esteem and lose self respect
There are some companies that have idiots as member of the HR and the recruitment team, they would openly insult people specially if they found out that you are a undergraduate.

Word of advice specially for those are in college right now do everything you can to stay in School. Its worth it.

you should go to school and become a doctor

I want you to take the 2nd one. I'm well chuffed for you, babe. Well done.

Thanks Cuffs! I really want the second one more. Even though I have the offer for both, the second one might fall through because of scheduling conflicts. They need me there no later 3pm everyday but I have to pick up my son at 2:45 and drop him off at MMA. This wouldn't be an issue except he goes to school 30 minutes in the opposite direction from that job and my house. I have him in a nicer school district and I dont want to comprise that. I go to talk to them on Monday to see if I can push back my starting time but Im not sure it will work.

Not had a steady job in a long time. Only temp assignments every now and then. The economy is still a steaming pile of shit, imo.

Thanks Cuffs! I really want the second one more. Even though I have the offer for both, the second one might fall through because of scheduling conflicts. They need me there no later 3pm everyday but I have to pick up my son at 2:45 and drop him off at MMA. This wouldn't be an issue except he goes to school 30 minutes in the opposite direction from that job and my house. I have him in a nicer school district and I dont want to comprise that. I go to talk to them on Monday to see if I can push back my starting time but Im not sure it will work.

Well the other one sounds good as well, I'm just a bit of a romantic when it comes to local home bread meat and stuff. Bravo, love. Exciting !

Well the other one sounds good as well, I'm just a bit of a romantic when it comes to local home bread meat and stuff. Bravo, love. Exciting !

Ill keep you updated Cuffs. I shoot you some new recipes in a few weeks that I come up with, hopefully using the produce I get to use from the farm.

lol at Blitz's double negative.

I've been unemployed before mostly because i was working a seasonal job that gave me winters off. Went on EI(Employment Insurance) and was broke by March. Sucked having no money for 2 months. EI barely gave enough to live on each month. Haven't been on the system since 2008.

Economy is booming around here, I'm actually looking for a different job. lots out there for those willing to work.

Ill keep you updated Cuffs. I shoot you some new recipes in a few weeks that I come up with, hopefully using the produce I get to use from the farm.

I stuck some of that SH Sriracha in a miso, ginger and garlic glaze the other day, downed tools and had a look online for you again. To no avail though, it's all about Europe still apparently :(

I look forward to recipes !! I'm dieting this month due to overindulgence over xmas, did chicken in a master stock last night for the first time.

lol at Blitz's double negative.

I've been unemployed before mostly because i was working a seasonal job that gave me winters off. Went on EI(Employment Insurance) and was broke by March. Sucked having no money for 2 months. EI barely gave enough to live on each month. Haven't been on the system since 2008.

Economy is booming around here, I'm actually looking for a different job. lots out there for those willing to work.

Texas? North Dakota?

me, 19, just dropped out of usc and have no idea what to do. ive never had a real job (just hard labor and selling herb/pills). i have no idea what is going to happen. i really want to do something different. like just save up my money and move to japan and start over. lol

I use to do that, until I found a really good supplier. I sell generic clothing for kids, I did well enough last year to start my own brand. I'm still using the same supplier and generic clothing, but just with my brand and logo.

rich-dad-poor-dad_review.jpg

The book has some controversy because it tells you not to save money and it also mentions your house as a liability not an asset.

Hey, is this Rich Dad, Poor Dad a scam? My mum is convinced they can change her life around and all that other shit.

You got to hustle! After I lost my job I started buying puppies off of classified ads then I would resell them on the same site for a higher price. I was able to use photoshop and make the puppy look cuter, in return they would appear to be worth more. Depending on how cute the puppy was I was able to make $200-600 per puppy.

Are you telling me I can't ride that Yorkie I just won on eBay?

riding-on-my-dog-photoshop-boy-man-puppy-fantasy-300x225.jpg

me, 19, just dropped out of usc and have no idea what to do. ive never had a real job (just hard labor and selling herb/pills). i have no idea what is going to happen. i really want to do something different. like just save up my money and move to japan and start over. lol

Why the hell didn't you stay at USC?

Currently, but because I want to be.

I am a freelancer by trade and will be working this summer to make my nut for this year.

Yes, but interviewing a ton as of late.

I guess the market still sucks, I couldn't even get a ten dollar an hour plus commission job. But, I have interviewed at two major banks recently.

Back