Anyone purchase Marcos Avellans 'Black belt psychology'?

I've gathered all the insight into Avellan's psychi over the course of this situation that I need, to come to the conclusion that he is no one to listen too.

It's unbelievable that someone with no background in psychology would sell a "system" for 200 dollars, using testimonials and marketing gimmicks.

The cheaper option, with actual psychologists involved; Log on to amazon and buy one of the books Saul Miller has written on sport psychology. They're all athlete-accessible, and offer great mental routines for a huge number of sport-specific problems. Check out either Hockey Tough, or Sport Psychology for Cyclists.

Anyone interested in the psychology of actual combat encounters should read the Grossman/Christensen books. On Combat, and Warrior Mindset. On combat was more study oriented, detailing the psychological and physical reactions to combat. Warrior Mindset offers mental routines and simple practices to increase your combat readiness.

$30.00 bucks from amazon. $20.00 if you buy the kindle edition.

Before someone reads my profile, figures out that I train at BETA and accuses me of bashing Avellan because my coach decided that we are no longer part of TLI, I'll save you the effort. It has nothing to do with it, I simply can't stand gimmicky shit and I know through direct experience that there's no silver bullet for sport psychology. Nothing that anyone sells you can change your performance in 20 minutes... It takes months and years of repetition and practice to undue bad mental habits.

thanks for the recommendations man.

I've also read In pursuit of excellence by terry orlick (I actually got recommended that on here by someone) and that was a great read, I've just always been interested in the mental game

I have copies of The Prince and Atlas Shrugged. Figured there's no need to be redundant.

Marcos lives in the tiny shadow of his mediocre brother. It's cute that he thinks he can market something with his own name.

There is no way I will be supporting Marcos after seeing what I've seen online coming from him. I also don't have 200 dollars to spend on anything like this. It is a personal and financial decision.

However, this has nothing to do with the information that is on his product. He could be giving the best advice on the planet in terms of psychology. Saying he doesn't have a degree or that he isn't a top level competitor and therefore I cannot listen to him is a silly way of thinking. Knowledge he is offering is independent of his character and achievements.

There is no way I will be supporting Marcos after seeing what I've seen online coming from him. I also don't have 200 dollars to spend on anything like this. It is a personal and financial decision.

However, this has nothing to do with the information that is on his product. He could be giving the best advice on the planet in terms of psychology. Saying he doesn't have a degree or that he isn't a top level competitor and therefore I cannot listen to him is silly. Knowledge he is offering is independent of his character and achievements.

totally dismissing someone cause they have no college degree sounds elitist. i have run into many doctors that didn't know jack shit. besides, a lot of teenage girls have awesome insight into psychology stuff. anybody can give valuable insight me, you , whoever.

don't get me wrong im not defending this avellan guy im just defending what is right and just.

totally dismissing someone cause they have no college degree sounds elitist. i have run into many doctors that didn't know jack shit. besides, a lot of teenage girls have awesome insight into psychology stuff. anybody can give valuable insight me, you , whoever.

don't get me wrong im not defending this avellan guy im just defending what is right and just.

Defending what is right and just? By signing up and immediately acting as a shill for Avellan and Lloyd in every post? Ha. You should be a comedian.

Marcos lives in the tiny shadow of his mediocre brother. It's cute that he thinks he can market something with his own name.

I've disliked them both since the palhares ADCC incident

I smile when palhares rips his leg in two.

I've never had a problem with David. Marcos just tubs me the wrong way in every way possible.

to be honest i want to buy it. i want to see what his mentality is all about.

You're a funny guy.

That's why I'm going to kill you last.

/Arnie

You could have constructed a "testimonial site" in the time you've spent supporting these clowns on here.....

Marcos is probably steaming reading all this. That's what you get for naming you son after Lloyd Irvin, son!

Mediocre? Beating Xande in his prime is mediocre? Medalling at ADCC, and tapping out the current Abu Dhabi Pro Absolute Champion that year is mediocre? How about tapping out Rafael Lovato Jr.? I can understand if you don't like the Avellans, but make no mistake that while Marcos may have had a mediocre career David is unquestionably a world class grappler.

Mediocre? Beating Xande in his prime is mediocre? Medalling at ADCC, and tapping out the current Abu Dhabi Pro Absolute Champion that year is mediocre? How about tapping out Rafael Lovato Jr.? I can understand if you don't like the Avellans, but make no mistake that while Marcos may have had a mediocre career David is unquestionably a world class grappler.

Nah, he's still mediocre. It's ok for you to still like him alot though.

I've disliked them both since the palhares ADCC incident

I smile when palhares rips his leg in two.

It's ok not to like David, I guess, although he seems OK to me. But please don't support guy who takes steroids and cranks heel hooks after matches are over then pretends not to understand what he did.

It's ok not to like David, I guess, although he seems OK to me. But please don't support guy who takes steroids and cranks heel hooks after matches are over then pretends not to understand what he did.

Please George, just let me pet it for a little while ...

lennymice1.gif

Back