Anyone purchase Marcos Avellans 'Black belt psychology'?

It's ok not to like David, I guess, although he seems OK to me. But please don't support guy who takes steroids and cranks heel hooks after matches are over then pretends not to understand what he did.

So his Vitamin S makes him so good at jiujitsu?

Better hope Ronnie Coleman never enters ADCC.

There is no way I will be supporting Marcos after seeing what I've seen online coming from him. I also don't have 200 dollars to spend on anything like this. It is a personal and financial decision.

However, this has nothing to do with the information that is on his product. He could be giving the best advice on the planet in terms of psychology. Saying he doesn't have a degree or that he isn't a top level competitor and therefore I cannot listen to him is a silly way of thinking. Knowledge he is offering is independent of his character and achievements.

Sure, but for anyone who doesn't have the knowledge to assess, being willing to shell out a sum of money for the change to evaluate it is dependent on believing there is something about the individual that will make him a decent candidate to possess good knowledge or have access to expertise we don't.

If he is an elite competitor, or coaches elite competitors, or has a significant research background, one has a prima facie case that the person knows something of significance to convey. If someone has a research background comparable to Mel Sif, or is an olympic athlete, they probably know some stuff about elite power training I don't.

If someone without that background says they have some awesome training info, I will need lots of good reviews from critical sources before I'm not an idiot to buy their product.

F12 is on a roll these last couple days. Marcos getting roasted in this thread!

Sure, but for anyone who doesn't have the knowledge to assess, being willing to shell out a sum of money for the change to evaluate it is dependent on believing there is something about the individual that will make him a decent candidate to possess good knowledge or have access to expertise we don't.

If he is an elite competitor, or coaches elite competitors, or has a significant research background, one has a prima facie case that the person knows something of significance to convey. If someone has a research background comparable to Mel Sif, or is an olympic athlete, they probably know some stuff about elite power training I don't.

If someone without that background says they have some awesome training info, I will need lots of good reviews from critical sources before I'm not an idiot to buy their product.

Yes, having those prerequisites will possibly and even likely make him a better candidate for having good knowledge on the subject. But I am specifically saying you cannot dismiss someone for not having a college degree or not having accolades.

Lets say that Marcelo Garcia put out this same exact product with the same info. Now all of the sudden does this info product have validity because of Marcelo's name or achievements? It's the same product. Lets take Marcelo Garcia out and say that James Paredes put out the same product. Now is it NOT valid? Once again, its the SAME product. Finally, lets put Andre Galvao's name on the same product. It is valid again? See where this is going...

If you have personal reasons like I do against Marcos then that is fine. But saying he isn't qualified because he doesn't own a piece of paper with a university name on it or that he doesn't have a world champion in his camp is silly thinking. That was my point.

I am not dismissing the idea that it will save you time and possibly weed out a few wannabes by looking at these prerequisites before spending your money. You can do whatever you want. It is your money. I'm just trying to separate 2 different things. Even someone as well educated as Mel Siff can be fallible and this is something he would admit himself if he were with us today. If we all appeal to authority we should all be listening to Ronnie Coleman for advice.

(lol i just realized Ronnie Coleman was brought up in this thread)

Last edited:
Yes, having those prerequisites will possibly and even likely make him a better candidate for having good knowledge on the subject. But I am specifically saying you cannot dismiss someone for not having a college degree or not having accolades.

Lets say that Marcelo Garcia put out this same exact product with the same info. Now all of the sudden does this info product have validity because of Marcelo's name or achievements? It's the same product. Lets take Marcelo Garcia out and say that James Paredes put out the same product. Now is it NOT valid? Once again, its the SAME product. Finally, lets put Andre Galvao's name on the same product. It is valid again? See where this is going...

=(lol i just realized Ronnie Coleman was brought up in this thread)

Good point. However, the product would never be the same depending on who is writing it.

Marcelo or Andre's idea of a black belt pyschology would be much different, and would most likely lend much more validity. Why? Because they have won at the hightest levels as a black belt.

Then again, knowing Marcelo, he also wouldnt charge $200 just talking about what he thinks a black belt should entail (yes, I am fully aware that he charges $25 for mginaction- but that is also full of techniques too haha)

Good point. However, the product would never be the same depending on who is writing it.

Marcelo or Andre's idea of a black belt pyschology would be much different, and would most likely lend much more validity. Why? Because they have won at the hightest levels as a black belt.

Then again, knowing Marcelo, he also wouldnt charge $200 just talking about what he thinks a black belt should entail (yes, I am fully aware that he charges $25 for mginaction- but that is also full of techniques too haha)

we get it bro... you know marcelo. dont need to include it in every single non LI post you make

we get it bro... you know marcelo. dont need to include it in every single non LI post you make

Marcelo would be so sad at your last post.

(In all seriousness, I like to share with the forums what I have learned from my experience from him- as I know most people are not fortunate enough to have access to a black belt, let alone a high level one.

However, if you are more interested in hearing the training secrets and views of a 39 year old, out of shape purple belt, then I will be more than happy to entertain you with them).

Last edited:

I understand what you are trying to say and it isn't bad to think that way on some things. Especially in this situation where there is a smorgasbord of shit associated with the person peddling the product.

You are correct in saying that their ideas would likely be different, but only in that. All I wanted to point out is that accolades and especially college degrees do not have anything to do with conveying information. I am aware that the hypothetical situation I presented not a likely one.

Just because you did something like reach the highest levels doesn't mean you know how you got there or more importantly, how to help someone else get there. Once again, I am not supporting Marcos Avellan's product(s) in anyway shape or form. I just want to address the appealing to authority fallacy.

Marcelo would be so sad at your last post.

(In all seriousness, I like to share with the forums what I have learned from my experience from him- as I know most people are not fortunate enough to have access to a black belt, let alone a high level one.

However, if you are more interested in hearing the training secrets and views of a 39 year old, out of shape purple belt, then I will be more than happy to entertain you with them).

just busting your balls. marcelo is the man and the greatest to ever do it

Back