Anyone listens to Joe Rogan podcast or Chael Sonnen Podcast?

Been listening to both for years.

Sonnen is typically awesome. I usually just listen to JRE now when he has his buddy comedians on it. Any other time it's just a pretentious circle jerk of bro nonsense devoid of any original thought from some shill "scholar." When he occasionally does have a legit expert on the podcast he'll either talk over them, patronize them, or flat-out undermine them. You know, cuz he's so smart from the many documentaries he's watched. It's only getting worse as time goes on and he gradually starts to believe in his own snake oil.

Last edited:
I love Rogan's fight companions. Fun to watch their reactions and hear their analysis instead of vanilla Anik's commentary. Not a big fan of his non mma content.

Never heard Chael's podcast, although he will say things on other outlets that are so outrageous I doubt even HE believes it, like talking insane shit about Bruce Lee and Gene LeBell.

He wasn't wrong about Lee.

Rogan podcast has become a cult of shitty comedians hanging off his nuts looking for a break into b level celebrity and two thirty minute commercials for fake brain pills.

Sonnen has a few interesting stories whether real or not.

As much as I always hated Schaub when he was fighting, his podcast is the best.

Though Chael is my favorite fighter all time.
200_s.gif

With Podcasts, I select the ones I listen to based on the guest.

For instance Joe Rogan brings in a lot of comedians, I usually don't listen to them (unless it's Joey Diaz)

However some times he will bring on really interesting people and I will enjoy it.

I can't stand Chael.

Honestly speaking Joe Rogan is full of crap and talks alot of nonsense that if you listen to him thru out some shows you will understand why.

First of all his into weird things like spiritual hallucinations and says that he was told the universes secrets during that journey and stuff that dosen't make sense whatsoever.. basically it's like listening to a 6-yr kid on the school backyard making up assumptions. he promotes weed on his Podcast while there is some kids listening also.

ppl like Nick Diaz or Nate Diaz who smoke weed won't even do that.

while Chael Sonnen always provides interesting subjects and far more knowlegdable then joe and I actully enjoy his podcast because he always speaks the current issues and always speaks the truth. Chael Sonnen is not an angel but he always had that thing where he speaks the truth and I think it's very appealing and winning him audience like me whenever I find time I listen to his podcast.
Six year-olds have better grammar than you.

If you've listened to one Rogan podcast you've listened to them all

This. Found myself listening to the same topics and discussions with various different guests from the same occupation (mostly comedians).

I will only watch maybe 3-5 per year depending on the guest (IIRC the last two I watched were Cowboy and Nick Curson). Obviously that doesn't take into considering the short edited videos or time-stamped portions which users post on this forum.

Both podcasts are awesome.

Kind of tired of Rogan's comedian guests and the constant self back patting about being comedians... We've heard on every episode how "craaaaaaaaaaaaaazy" comedians are, how hard is to write a bit, etc. I just skip through that shit.

Other than that, it's great.

I'd like to hear Chael talk more by himself about sports, politics current events etc.

Yea Joe is on and off sometimes. Anything with Duncan I'm pretty much done listening to. The guy just goes off on these rants that are always about the exact same thing and it's getting so old. Some of the comedians can be fun to listen to like Bobby Lee that guy always has the craziest fucking stories. Sometimes he has the craziest Physicist that start talking about topics so complicated that I can't even listen to it anymore. I feel like I'm falling asleep in my car.

I tried listening to chaels podcast twice and was bored but i wasnt in a position to listen to them at the time. Now that i am, ive listened to a lot of Joe's podcasts.

Is chael really that competitive with joe? I always liked chaels schtick. One of Joe's fav podcast is with chael.

Wrong. He just tries to keep it entertaining. Graham Hancock is an example and a more recent Wim Hof where they have joes undivided attention and spit their philosophy.
Yeah he may have changed but I'm not wrong as far as those guests were concerned. Go and watch those podcasts.

Joe has had an incredible array of guests over the years. It's also introduced me to a number of comedians I became a fan of, like Joey Diaz and Tom Segura. When its an episode that isn't interesting to me, I skip it. On balance I think it been one of the best shows in the podcast medium. The current episode is 2.5 hours of Bas Rutten and I can't wait to listen.

Sonnen I kind of burned out on. I prefer him when he's out of character and he realized early on he needs to delve into character or say something controversial to get PR hits. Some episodes have been good but I cherry pick. I also have no interest in professional wrestling so any episode in that realm I just pass by.

Submission Radio out of Australia is very good and has high caliber MMA guests on a routine basis. MMA Roasted is fun and occasionally has good guest fighters on.

Fighter & The Kid had funny moments, and I really like Callen, but I unsubscribed a few months ago. Too many of the same drawn out jokes beaten into the ground.

I watch Rogan highlights but I can't really listen to him for long. Chael stopped being entertaining the moment he got humiliated by Silva. A guy lack that needs to back up what he says or look foolish.

Hell no. I can barely make it through the main card of a PPV with Rogan's myopic "commentary", let alone a 3 hour podcast of his.

Chael's podcast is seriously underrated. Sonnen is entertaining. I wish he did it more often.

Honestly speaking Joe Rogan is full of crap and talks alot of nonsense that if you listen to him thru out some shows you will understand why.

First of all his into weird things like spiritual hallucinations and says that he was told the universes secrets during that journey and stuff that dosen't make sense whatsoever.. basically it's like listening to a 6-yr kid on the school backyard making up assumptions. he promotes weed on his Podcast while there is some kids listening also.

ppl like Nick Diaz or Nate Diaz who smoke weed won't even do that.

while Chael Sonnen always provides interesting subjects and far more knowlegdable then joe and I actully enjoy his podcast because he always speaks the current issues and always speaks the truth. Chael Sonnen is not an angel but he always had that thing where he speaks the truth and I think it's very appealing and winning him audience like me whenever I find time I listen to his podcast.
I believe he was describing his experience on drugs when he was saying he was "told secrets of the universe", not saying it was a reality.
And as for him promoting weed on his show, just because kids may listen does NOT mean it is targeted at kids. Should we not put shit in R rated movies because kids may watch those too?

Chael's podcast is seriously underrated. Sonnen is entertaining. I wish he did it more often.
Honestly the JRE with Chael on it was awesome. Between the two of them you had some entertaining, intelligent conversations.
I'm not really sure why all the sherbros hate on Rogan (must be because he doesnt think McGregor is immortal)

Back