Anyone else notice Joe Rogan is getting worse calling fights?

Joe Rogan needs to retire IMO.

This was an amazing card with GREAT fights... I cant stand how Joe is constantly calling for the fights to be stopped when fighters are hurt trying to recover and often do.
Its almost regularly now and I never had an issue with Rogan before to be honest. Now he plays referee, calling for fights to be stopped when the other fighter still is in it, its a championship fight dude lol.

I am so glad DC is there because he had to comment over Rogan 2 times during this event and say the man is still fighting when Joe said "its over, stop the fight, hes done". Also, EVERY TIME a fighter gets hit clean now Rogan yells out "HES HURT!" ...no, he got hit in the face and just countered the guy in his face. Not every clean strike necessarily hurts the guy, thats a whole dif conversation.

How many comebacks have we seen after a fighter took lots of damage? Many times. If the referee listened to JOE ROGAN those fighters wouldn't have had a chance to turn it around but him screaming out stop the fight can influence the ref just as the crowd can. Call the fight, stop playing referee or stop commentating. Thats why I am thankful they have fighters there in the booth because they no what it takes to be gritty and have the will to survive.

Anybody not notice this or disagree feel free to comment
JESUS DO ALL YOU MMA FANS JUST COMPLAIN FFS

LOL old guns look like amateurs? Poirer gassed after 2 rounds. Prime Cerrone starches him in WEC. Most overrated LW of all time Benson Henderson decisions him. BJ Penn stops him. Gomi flattens these nerds. Sean Sherk probably dry humps these geeks to a 50-43 decision.
We'll never now but I think you're plain wrong. Sport has evolved drastically, these guys have a more well rounded and polished arsenal and have a better training regime. There's way more knowledge now.

He's probably just trying to hype the fights.

That's why every good punch = he's rocked, and every submission attempt = it's tight, or he's in trouble. For casuals that don't fully understand the sport it probably works.

Either that of he's watching through the cage, instead of the screen, and can't tell from his angle (in regards to all the "close" submission attempts).

That was Rogan. He has been doing it for maybe the past year or so, usually only when he is commentating alongside DC. It has become such a giant distraction.
What the frig. Never noticed that before. Thought it was DC for sure.

Yup totally agree he was so inaccurate in the co main and main, kept saying guys were in trouble when they clearly weren’t.

He definitely had his annoying moments last night but I didn't find him particularly better or worse than he has been for the past little while.

When he is as bad as Cruz, he should start to worry.

I loved his WOOOOO after every leg kick rountree hit. Good stuff.

I can't stand the guy because every. single. time. somebody gets punched he yells "OOOH HE'S HURT!!!!"

Awful takes, bad calls, horrid shameless bias. Joe Rogan needs to be fired. Let him keep sucking his own dick on his shitty retarded podcast.

As long as I have watched MMA, Rogan has always been you like him or you don't. Same with Dana White. I like him paired with DC and Anik, they seem to have the best chemistry out of all the commentators. There was a lot of joking, ooohs and wooos but it's kind of fun and adds to the fights. DC gets a bit carried away but you can tell these guys are just enjoying the fights as much as us, and it may seem like it's going by a script but think, not everyone sees fights or moments in them as the same as others. Not sure if that makes total sense, but they are obviously trying to sell the fight, and that's what they do and have always done.

No, but these guys aren't as good or as exciting leading up to these fights as guys in the past. Both title fights didn't feel like big fights. They were fun fights, but these cans weren't a draw.
Referring to fighters as cans used to be fighter bashing ..... miss those days

I love Joe and want him to keep on doing this job, but i agree with most of your points.

Yup that and him messing up multiple times during post fight speeches were cringeworthy

I’ve been one of the biggest Rogan defenders on this board.

With that being said, last night I thought he took it over the top.

He has certainly moved his barometer of when fights should be stopped to the extreme safety side.

I thought he was fine last night.

Anik is the one that needs to go, he adds ZERO insight or emotion to the fights. Dudes a clown.

Goldie was 100x better
Goldie was fucking terrible, but he was our fucking terrible

Rogan pretty much has 100% job security and makes great money for doing basically nothing. I'd take massive amounts of drugs before going on a PPV in his position, too

I didn't notice him being particularly off his game last night, but he's certainly had a lot of questionable moments. He seems to analyze a lot of fights in a one-sided manner. Overstates one fighter's offense and understates another. Then there are times when he's on point, like when he checked Dom on why Conor wasn't getting up as Khabib was pummeling him.

I don't think anybody could have done a better job than Joe Rogan has done for 22 years.

You don't know what you've got till it's gone...

Back