Anyone else notice Joe Rogan is getting worse calling fights?

Rogan is getting unbearable. What's the deal with him and Cormier shrieking that every fight needs stopped when a guy gets dropped? I can understand Cormier having PTSD flashbacks from Jones 2 but Rogan? That and wooing at every single big strike that misses. :mad:

I still think ESPN directed refs to stop fights earlier and commentators to be in favor of earlier stoppage because Hollywood doesn't like violence.

I hadn't considered this, and especially with ESPN being owned by Disney.
I hope we aren't entering the "way too early stoppage" era, but I'd bet you're right.
BNFC's stock may be going up.

Joe just don't give a fuck no mo. Is normal.
Also why the fuck was DC channeling ric flair all the goddam time.

I thought he was fine last night.

Anik is the one that needs to go, he adds ZERO insight or emotion to the fights. Dudes a clown.

Goldie was 100x better
Anik isn't a color guy, he knows his role & shuts his mouth for the most part. He is there for between fights as much as anything.

Goldie was funny but he got in the way alot trying to sound smarter than he was. Calling everything a turk, calling a pull-counter a "slip-n-rip", Travis Lutter = Michael Jordan etc etc. THAT is clown shit

He's getting on my nerves now. His commentary consists of "HE'S HURT!" every time someone lands clean even if they don't even react. "HE"S IN TROUBLE" despite not being in trouble and just random "Oooh!"s and "Wooooo"s.

He's better off just doing Fight Companions at this point.

If you watched the last 30 seconds of Izzy/Kelvin and thought that fight shouldn't have been stopped idk what to say to you really

And that fucking annoying woooo thing he was constantly doing. He almost sounded like those Ric Flair idiots in the crowd. Guy needs to go.

why the fuck was DC channeling ric flair all the goddam time.
That was Rogan. He has been doing it for maybe the past year or so, usually only when he is commentating alongside DC. It has become such a giant distraction.

Anik isn't a color guy, he knows his role & shuts his mouth for the most part. He is there for between fights as much as anything.

Goldie was funny but he got in the way alot trying to sound smarter than he was. Calling everything a turk, calling a pull-counter a "slip-n-rip", Travis Lutter = Michael Jordan etc etc. THAT is clown shit

You don’t have to be a color commentator to have at least some passion for the sport you’re calling.

Quadros, Renallo, Goldie, are all vastly better at calling the fights than Anik and not just taking up space. They’d interact and have chemistry with the color commentator making the commentary much more enjoyable.

See ANY Fight Professor and Bas commentary to see what real MMA commentary should be like

He made incorrect statements many time last night. He is definitely getting worse.

You don’t have to be a color commentator to have at least some passion for the sport you’re calling.

Quadros, Renallo, Goldie, are all vastly better at calling the fights than Anik and not just taking up space. They’d interact and have chemistry with the color commentator making the commentary much more enjoyable.

See ANY Fight Professor and Bas commentary to see what real MMA commentary should be like
Well that's just like, your opinion man

No, but these guys aren't as good or as exciting leading up to these fights as guys in the past. Both title fights didn't feel like big fights. They were fun fights, but these cans weren't a draw.
Whats was the last title fight you saw that was any better?

We know more about cte now

Joe Rogan needs to retire IMO.

This was an amazing card with GREAT fights... I cant stand how Joe is constantly calling for the fights to be stopped when fighters are hurt trying to recover and often do.
Its almost regularly now and I never had an issue with Rogan before to be honest. Now he plays referee, calling for fights to be stopped when the other fighter still is in it, its a championship fight dude lol.

I am so glad DC is there because he had to comment over Rogan 2 times during this event and say the man is still fighting when Joe said "its over, stop the fight, hes done". Also, EVERY TIME a fighter gets hit clean now Rogan yells out "HES HURT!" ...no, he got hit in the face and just countered the guy in his face. Not every clean strike necessarily hurts the guy, thats a whole dif conversation.

How many comebacks have we seen after a fighter took lots of damage? Many times. If the referee listened to JOE ROGAN those fighters wouldn't have had a chance to turn it around but him screaming out stop the fight can influence the ref just as the crowd can. Call the fight, stop playing referee or stop commentating. Thats why I am thankful they have fighters there in the booth because they no what it takes to be gritty and have the will to survive.

Anybody not notice this or disagree feel free to comment
Joe Rogan is a commentator and doesn't have the power to stop fights, so you are getting triggered over nothing but an illusion and your own fragility.

I will say it's kind of funny that the UFC's color guy is the dude from Fear Factor instead of a former fighter.

What I noticed was him saying “BOOM” when watching replays. Not sure if he always does it

It never ceases to amaze me how I’ve been on this board for almost 13 years and after every event someone has to whine about some minor shit they found wrong with Rogan after an event

Cans? These guys make the old guns look like amateurs. Sport has come a looong way. It felt like big fights for me tbh, knew they were going to be quality and was hyped af. They both were as big as a interim fight gets at least.

LOL old guns look like amateurs? Poirer gassed after 2 rounds. Prime Cerrone starches him in WEC. Most overrated LW of all time Benson Henderson decisions him. BJ Penn stops him. Gomi flattens these nerds. Sean Sherk probably dry humps these geeks to a 50-43 decision.

kind of agree, even if i still like him, he is getting older and maybe all those drugs finally are getting to his brain

I don't know if he's getting worse, but I do know that if you've listened to the same commentators long enough, they become repetitive and once you start focusing on any mistakes they make, you're only robbing yourself of the experience. I just remind myself that I fuck up, too.

Back