Anyone else notice Joe Rogan is getting worse calling fights?

Rogan without Goldberg = shit. He never was a good commentator tbh. Cormier is another nobody who tries to be funny and talks nonsense. The truth is, if you talk nonsense and try to be funny, Goldberg was the best out there with both. A legit commentator with lack of knowledge, but huge EMPATHY. THIS is for a few people.

Goldie bless.

he is better while being high, no doubt about that...and yeah, smoking weed makes you be a pussy..you ever saw hippies fight each other

He totally mails it in now.

He must have said someone was hurt a dozen times when they weren't last night. Plus a whole unch of other stuff that didn't bother me at the time cause we were watching 2 cracking fights.

I agreed with him in rd 5 of Adesanya-Gastelum. The fight should have been stopped at about the 4:50 mark. I realize he made it and crazier things have happened in the judges hands but he was done and once head trauma happens you're playing with fire meaning permanent damage.

Rogan ain't shit without Goldie...

I commented on this last night during the event.

Rogan has left the church of JBG

My issue with his commentary is that he is so blatantly biased.

He chooses a fighter and goes way crazier for when they land big shots than the other fighter

Joe Rogan needs to retire IMO.

This was an amazing card with GREAT fights... I cant stand how Joe is constantly calling for the fights to be stopped when fighters are hurt trying to recover and often do.
Its almost regularly now and I never had an issue with Rogan before to be honest. Now he plays referee, calling for fights to be stopped when the other fighter still is in it, its a championship fight dude lol.

I am so glad DC is there because he had to comment over Rogan 2 times during this event and say the man is still fighting when Joe said "its over, stop the fight, hes done". Also, EVERY TIME a fighter gets hit clean now Rogan yells out "HES HURT!" ...no, he got hit in the face and just countered the guy in his face. Not every clean strike necessarily hurts the guy, thats a whole dif conversation.

How many comebacks have we seen after a fighter took lots of damage? Many times. If the referee listened to JOE ROGAN those fighters wouldn't have had a chance to turn it around but him screaming out stop the fight can influence the ref just as the crowd can. Call the fight, stop playing referee or stop commentating. Thats why I am thankful they have fighters there in the booth because they no what it takes to be gritty and have the will to survive.

Anybody not notice this or disagree feel free to comment
Agreed he is past his prime and a family member needs to have a talk with him

He is just hurting himself and his legacy at this point

Joe need stop screaming "he's hurt" every time someone lands a clean strike... why not wait 1 sec to see how they react first?

He still loves leg kicks. He was woooo-ing louder than Rountree’s corner evertime a kick landed.

Yeh every time someone lands a clean shot be says they are rocked, stunned ,hurt, etc

Joe Rogan needs to retire IMO.

This was an amazing card with GREAT fights... I cant stand how Joe is constantly calling for the fights to be stopped when fighters are hurt trying to recover and often do.
Its almost regularly now and I never had an issue with Rogan before to be honest. Now he plays referee, calling for fights to be stopped when the other fighter still is in it, its a championship fight dude lol.

I am so glad DC is there because he had to comment over Rogan 2 times during this event and say the man is still fighting when Joe said "its over, stop the fight, hes done". Also, EVERY TIME a fighter gets hit clean now Rogan yells out "HES HURT!" ...no, he got hit in the face and just countered the guy in his face. Not every clean strike necessarily hurts the guy, thats a whole dif conversation.

How many comebacks have we seen after a fighter took lots of damage? Many times. If the referee listened to JOE ROGAN those fighters wouldn't have had a chance to turn it around but him screaming out stop the fight can influence the ref just as the crowd can. Call the fight, stop playing referee or stop commentating. Thats why I am thankful they have fighters there in the booth because they no what it takes to be gritty and have the will to survive.

Anybody not notice this or disagree feel free to comment
His calling for fights to be stopped is an equivalent of sjw mma's virtue signaling. I cringe very hard when i hear that shit, god damn he needs to stop acting like a ref, and should stick to being a half decent color commentator which he suck at for a long time now.

Anik is the one that needs to go, he adds ZERO insight or emotion to the fights. Dudes a clown.

Goldie was 100x better

So much this. Goldie was wayyyy more entertaining than Anik.

I generally like Rogan but he's been annoying as of late because it seems like every single jab and "He's in big trouble!!!" or "He has him hurt!!!". Little shit, but still.

No, but these guys aren't as good or as exciting leading up to these fights as guys in the past. Both title fights didn't feel like big fights. They were fun fights, but these cans weren't a draw.
Cans? These guys make the old guns look like amateurs. Sport has come a looong way. It felt like big fights for me tbh, knew they were going to be quality and was hyped af. They both were as big as a interim fight gets at least.

i did notice this, my buddy even asked me if joe needs to stop commentating.

Rogan is getting unbearable. What's the deal with him and Cormier shrieking that every fight needs stopped when a guy gets dropped? I can understand Cormier having PTSD flashbacks from Jones 2 but Rogan? That and wooing at every single big strike that misses. :mad:

I still think ESPN directed refs to stop fights earlier and commentators to be in favor of earlier stoppage because Hollywood doesn't like violence.

Not a fan of Hogaine but last night was bonkers: a lot of fights went full just bleed and it's normal since rogan tends to say he's hurt to rocked fighters.

I thought he was better yesterday. He's good when he behaves and doesnt go over the top with his opinions. Lots of his fringe opinions are stupid but when he is saying his well-thought out opinions, he is usually pretty strong, in my opinion. No different from other smart people I know. At times, they reach and other smart people notice. Average people wont though, and thats why it makes sense to do it anyway, I guess. Lots of people just think hes a God at this point and worship him, so he can probably get away saying anything around those folks.

Back