Anyone else like Nunes less

I like her more.

Amanda is a sweetheart.

Lol god no. First of all she's a lesbian which already won't sit well with many.. second she's annoying af and just says too many stupid things.. 3rd= she's not marketable , she's horrible looking .. no amounts of photoshop will even get her to a 3/10 . There's nothing to market there
9325080020.jpg

I understand that she was frustrated and wanted to silence a lot of people but Ronda didn't say a bad word about her. It doesn't make sense to post the pictures she did on her Twitter and Instagram in my opinion, especially considering they didn't have a problem with each other. It was strictly professional, they touched gloves and shaked hands afterwards.

It wasn't Ronda who promoted the fight. It's not Ronda's fault the UFC went into that direction promotion wise. It's not Ronda's fault the UFC paid her 3 million.
I feel like she could have directed her frustration towards the UFC - and not Ronda.
She's a beast though and an exciting fighter. Exactly what that division needs now when Ronda most likely is gone.

Look man. . . Ronda is a lifelong judoka with an Olympic medal. She also won something like 12 fights in a row, all by finishes. When you factor in level of competition, she's the most dominant female mixed martial artist in WMMA history.

So please try to understand when I scoff at your statement that Ronda Rousey is not a real fighter.

With that said, does she have the heart of a champion? Maybe not, in the same way that Gina didn't.

You're asbolutely right, she was a judoka with an Olympic medal. She fights, but that doesn't make her a fighter. She has no talent in fighting whatsoever and women's MMA talent is shallow as fuck. Not sure what makes you so into the chick unless you want to fuck her, but she had a good run like Brock Lesnar then got exposed. That's how it is when you don't know how to fight, get favorable match ups and then meet an actual REAL match up or two. Might win the first real match up, but the second the fight that athlete will fall. We've seen it time and time again. Sorry you can't see this. Again, women's MMA talent pool is shit. Congrats to her for being a pioneer but she has a very one dimensional skill set.

She's right.

The UFC hates marketing anyone other than a couple of fighters at a time.

....and casuals eat that up. They don't want to have to think, or learn about the sport.

They just care about the numbers the UFC can brag about after....who gives a fuck about the sport?

Ronda isn't a real fighter... What kind of fighter talks about suicide after a loss?

Cro Cop. You know the legendary fighter who won the K-1 World GP, Pride Open Weight GP etc etc etc?

Holly Holm is still my sweetie. Does that answer the question?

Please tell me how you could market her and make money from her fights and promos...
By showing the beat down she does to her opponents, make her look like a bad ass killing machine, etc.
this is not a beauty pageant sherbro you have lots of options with nunes.
Yes sex sells and shit but so also being a bad ass too, you know like mike Tyson, the ice man, tank, etc.

Those are just a few ideas mr. Marketing expert

They just care about the numbers the UFC can brag about after....who gives a fuck about the sport?
You're right, oversatuartion is bad marketing. But making money is good for the sport. Having a few stars that put asses in the seats is what gives unknown fighters the opportunity to work their way up the ladder on the undercard. They can't all be Floyd Mayweathers.

After I saw the mask at the weigh-in I knew there was no way I could dislike her. I'm a fan.

Ronda-Rousey-Stares-Down-Lion-Mask-Wearing-Amanda-Nunes-Ahead-Of-UFC-207.png

Damn Right this ^^^^ showed me that Ronda was in the deep...

By showing the beat down she does to her opponents, make her look like a bad ass killing machine, etc.
this is not a beauty pageant sherbro you have lots of options with nunes.
Yes sex sells and shit but so also being a bad ass too, you know like mike Tyson, the ice man, tank, etc.

Those are just a few ideas mr. Marketing expert
You still didn't mention how you could market her .. in woman's mma the skill level is so poor that Meisha Tate couldn't even be marketed lol Ronda was a one trick pony but that one trick was working .. she talked quite a bit of trash and she wasn't too bad on the eyes especially when photoshopped .. Ronda was actually able to sell tickets and ppvs... Nunez can beat and destroy as many women as she wants but let's be honest here.. the skill level at wmma ( exception of cyborg) is mediocre at best and no Nunez wouldn't be able to market a ppv especially after that pathetic display of her begging pretty much after her win.. wmma is now dead unless Carano comes back =] . But no one is going to pay 60$ to watch nunes headline .. they will have to piggy back wmma on to the men . Nunes has no likable qualities and doesn't bring anything special to the table.. only reason she made money and got publicity was because of ronda..

You still didn't mention how you could market her .. in woman's mma the skill level is so poor that Meisha Tate couldn't even be marketed lol Ronda was a one trick pony but that one trick was working .. she talked quite a bit of trash and she wasn't too bad on the eyes especially when photoshopped .. Ronda was actually able to sell tickets and ppvs... Nunez can beat and destroy as many women as she wants but let's be honest here.. the skill level at wmma ( exception of cyborg) is mediocre at best and no Nunez wouldn't be able to market a ppv especially after that pathetic display of her begging pretty much after her win.. wmma is now dead unless Carano comes back =] . But no one is going to pay 60$ to watch nunes headline .. they will have to piggy back wmma on to the men . Nunes has no likable qualities and doesn't bring anything special to the table.. only reason she made money and got publicity was because of ronda..
Just the fact that the internet world is talking about Amanda beating the shit out of HHHonda is an excellent start, i do agree with you that I won't pay 60 bucks for a ppv to see her fight right now.
But the UFC is well known for hyping fighters and all the ufc casuals drink the hype cool aid all the time.

If she feels suicidal after a loss, then that makes her the most real fucking fighter there is. That means this shit is REALLY fucking important to her.

It's not a game. It's not a job. It's life and death.
Lol calm down there internet boy. Actual professional fighters would laugh their ass off if they read this.

"Life or death". What a retard.

You're right, oversatuartion is bad marketing. But making money is good for the sport. Having a few stars that put asses in the seats is what gives unknown fighters the opportunity to work their way up the ladder on the undercard. They can't all be Floyd Mayweathers.

Problem with that is those two fighters won't be on every card.

That leaves 10 other cards per year completely under appreciated by anyone outside of the hardcore circle...leaving some great cards with great fights unwatched by those potential future fans of the sport.

If Ronda walks away, and Conor only fights once more....what now?

A few years back fighters got fairly equal promotional push with the champs getting more deservedly. Interest in every event outside of a few stinkers was pretty even.

The new system leaves so many holes outside of the big ticket fighters its gotta be bad for the sport in the long run.

Fuck no Nunes is awesome.
She is like the female Vitor Belfort

Problem with that is those two fighters won't be on every card.

That leaves 10 other cards per year completely under appreciated by anyone outside of the hardcore circle...leaving some great cards with great fights unwatched by those potential future fans of the sport.

If Ronda walks away, and Conor only fights once more....what now?

A few years back fighters got fairly equal promotional push with the champs getting more deservedly. Interest in every event outside of a few stinkers was pretty even.

The new system leaves so many holes outside of the big ticket fighters its gotta be bad for the sport in the long run.
You should tweet this at the new owners. I'm sure they'd appreciate the advice.

She could've been more gracious and chilled with the "forget about Ronda Rousey" talk.

Like her girlfriend said on the Countdown show, without Rousey the opportunity to be champ in the UFC probably would not even exist.

Rousey is a legend. Show respect.

I feel like we can recognize what she did for the sport without respecting her because imo people who act like rude entitled trash don't deserve respect.

Back