Anyone else hoping Carmouche beats Rousey?

Yes, I like Ronda but her ego has gotten too big and I wanna see this blow up in Dana's face.

I'm kind of the same. I do hope WMMA sticks around though. It will only get better from here.

I am defiantly hoping this. Get women out of the UFC give them their own league for whoever wants to watch that shit. No one watches womens sports for the simple reason they suck. You don't see the NBA making us watch a quarter of WNBA at halftime.

Mixing women in with the men has worked well with other promotions, especially Stirkeforce.

With DW's stance on WMMA in the UFC, I thought that Zuffa might buy Invicta after Strikeforce is done and run 2 organizaions until the the women's divisions got deep enough, then merge them. I like this model better. Like I said, it works for other promotions.

There is not going to be that many women's bouts, so just don't watch the few that there will be.

The only point made that I get is not seeing Machida vs. Hendo in 5 rounds. I really don't think it will go more than 3 anyway, but there is always more hype around 5 round contendor bouts.

Rousey is one-dimensional. Whoever compared her to Brock Lesnar is spot on. She is going to be exposed sooner or later. All it takes is someone who can stand up to her strength-wise and stand up with her long enough to land some hard shots and Ronda will be like a fish out of water.

the difference is, Brock was fighting Carwin, Mir, Randy, Cain and Overeem. Rousey is to WMMA what Brock would be to Bellator's HW division. do you imagine unleashing Brock against Prindle, Rogers, Volkov, etc?

Rousey is here to stay.

Hell yeah! I can't stand the way Ronda is being treated like a queen. She hasn't proven anything yet she automatically gets a belt and a main event spot over former champions like hendo and machida. End this nonsense Carmouche!

Definitely hoping Ronda loses. First womens and openly gay UFC champion FTW.

Mixing women in with the men has worked well with other promotions, especially Stirkeforce.

With DW's stance on WMMA in the UFC, I thought that Zuffa might buy Invicta after Strikeforce is done and run 2 organizaions until the the women's divisions got deep enough, then merge them. I like this model better. Like I said, it works for other promotions.

There is not going to be that many women's bouts, so just don't watch the few that there will be.

The only point made that I get is not seeing Machida vs. Hendo in 5 rounds. I really don't think it will go more than 3 anyway, but there is always more hype around 5 round contendor bouts.

Yeah, Strikeforce was crazy successful. WAS is the pertinent word.

If Carmouche wins I wouldn't be surprised if they just scrap the division.

Wrong. Dana said somethng like WMMA in the UFC could last a year or ten years. Depending on how it goes. The UFC has committed to Rousey, maybe Tate and Cyborg. If Carmouche becomes champ, the division is going bye bye.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/dana-white...-nasty-so-mean-shed-fight-a-guy-if-she-had-to

NO. There would be a rematch, whether right away or after another fight, there would be a rematch. Rousey is more favored over Carmouche that Jones is over Sonnen. Carmouche will lose in under a minute. Only McMann can take it longer than Tate. I suppose Cyborg may go over minute aswell.

It will succeed and then expand to 125 and then maybe 115.

ETA:The UFC w/o WMMA only makes Bellator and XFC stronger promotions. Zuffa won't let that happen.

I have some faith in Alexis Davis. She doesn't have the takedowns Rousey has, which is why other fighters can keep it standing when they go against her. But she's a bjj blackbelt and she was a top level competitor, so that will be a bit different. And I like Rousey, but part of the appeal is seeing if anyone has an answer to that armbar, so I am rooting for Liz. Probably not going to happen, but at this point even lasting past round one is winning on some level. Besides, Liz is cool.

10015838-pretty-summer-camp-volunteer-raises-hand.jpg

But I would rather it be Cyborg that shuts her up.

Why would anybody want that? Ronda has dat ass, and doze pointy 180 degree elbow-angles. Liz looks like she was hit in the face with a shovel, and then run over by a lawnmower, and then to soothe the wounds; bathed in acetone and set on fire...only to then be put out by a greasy tee-shirt.

So I should like a fighter because of how they look?

i hope she beats her just because im getting sick of Ronda..not because i want WMMA out of the UFC(even though that would be the end result)

I don't think UFC has any interest in really showcasing WMMA outside of Ronda. They will have a chick fight here and there on the prelims but mainly they'll just bring in lambs from outside promotions to get armbarred. They arent serious about it.

No I wnt her to keep winning and someday see her fight Cyborg, Gina or Tate again

I am hoping for Rousey vs Cyborg somewhere along the line, just to see Rousey get humbled. But this will be another Mayhem vs Diaz type of rivalry, so I don't see it happening.

If Rousey wins, it would be good just to see a rematch between her and Tate. If Carmouche wins, I would love to see the expression on White's face.

Hope Rousey wins. It will only make WMMA become more popular as it should.

Back