Anyone else hoping Carmouche beats Rousey?

It would be an interesting twist but she has less of a chance than Mir against JDS.

I highly doubt that will be the case.
Dana lies.

well you clearly have a hard time telling the BS from reality then...yes DW lies or better yet, he promotes but its very clear the womans division would NOT be disbanded based off a Rousey loss...you really think the UFC would invest this time and energy to promote it to just to dead it based off a lone loss? never that...Rousey either gets an immediate rematch or they bring over another popular female fighter and promote them...Tate, McMann, Cyborg...womans division is just getting started...if youre bummed about that then prepare to keep being bummed about it bc it looks like its here to stay for the time being...

I highly doubt that will be the case.
Dana lies.

What, the next ten promotions under UFC have WMMA. The UFC will have the best of the WMMA, no matter who the champion is. There are women all over in other promotions that now see being in the UFC as a possibility. More and more women are training. Strikeforce did well with WMMA and so will the UFC. Zuffa will not let anyone else be the best in anything they can do aswell.

I am praying every day that she wins and the women's division gets scrapped, but I think Ronda wins and then loses to cyborg

A liar? Perhaps a poor judge. Unless for some reason you suspect some kind of ruse.
Yes a liar, as I'm presuming from the context of your last post that you're not incapable of that level of discernment. I could only assume, based on that, that if you were to say those two facets of mma were not effectively the same, that you'd be lying. It's a compliment really, as if I'd have said 'poor judge' I'd have felt like I was implying you'd be stupid in said case, and I've yet to see any reason to believe that to be true.

Possibly. Women are, as consumers, much less likely to watch sports than men, even if they do watch often, and of those who watch sports, I'll wager 2 out of 10 are likely to watch combat sports.
I think it'd be pointless to try and pander to the women, in this specific scenario. Getting men on board, gaining their respect, that is where the money is at. That is why this is necessary, imo.

Well, yeah. But you are putting the cart before the horse. You suspect that the market is to blame for the success of women's sports. Or at least how it is marketed and not considering that people may actually have a preference, especially when it comes to physical sports. Especially when it comes to physical sports such as football, hockey, boxing, and mma.

The only decent parallel to be made here, so far as women's sports go, is boxing; and they are doing it wrong. The rest inherently segregate, because (obviously) women simply can't compete with men in the same sport. Because of this, the rest have to create their own exclusively-female leagues, which kills interest across the board. What boxing and MMA have the ability to do, is remove the "competition" aspect of women vs. men, and promote them both as one sport. They never have to compete with men directly, which lends itself to drawing in a real crowd for the women. Promote them on the same cards as men, as a division(like StrikeForce did, and the UFC will do), treat them as seriously as you treat any division, and eventually the interest/acceptance will follow. This is one of the only markets, in sport, that really allows for that possibility, and every opportunity should be taken to push it as far as they can; as it could only be good for the sport in the long run.

ronda losing =/= no womans division in the UFC...ronda alone garners more attention then many male fighters...this thing is happening no matter what...i know alot of you dudes are crossing your fingers and hoping thats not the case but its pretty naive of you to think the UFC scraps this idea based off a lone loss...never gonna happen...ronda gets a rematch, cyborg comes over and destroys, they promote tate or mcmann...they can stretch this thing out for over a year or 2 w/ just those 4-5 fighters...

well you clearly have a hard time telling the BS from reality then...yes DW lies or better yet, he promotes but its very clear the womans division would NOT be disbanded based off a Rousey loss...you really think the UFC would invest this time and energy to promote it to just to dead it based off a lone loss? never that...Rousey either gets an immediate rematch or they bring over another popular female fighter and promote them...Tate, McMann, Cyborg...womans division is just getting started...if youre bummed about that then prepare to keep being bummed about it bc it looks like its here to stay for the time being...

There won't be any Cyborg, not if she can't cut. The 145 division is not popular in any promotion. When they expand, I see them bring in the 125 and maybe 115, before the 145. Women are smaller.

I agee with you about everything else.

There won't be any Cyborg, not if she can't cut. The 145 division is not popular in any promotion. When they expand, I see them bring in the 125 and maybe 115, before the 145. Women are smaller.

I agee with you about everything else.

cyborg will cut...the big fight is rousey v. cyborg...its gonna happen...she takes a year off, cycles off that juice muscle and well be seeing her fighting in the UFC for the belt sometime in 2013...

Yeah I hope that b**** gets a beat down. Snobby arrogant ....and how in the hell does she automatically get the belt....the flyweights had a freaking tournament....and another thing....how is she headlining over machida and hendo??????? That's insane

just hope carmouche punch her in the face a few time before she get her arm broken.

Just so that Dana will probably cancels the women's division, because as he said, it's the "Ronda Rousey show"?

Merry Christmas

Merry X-mas to you, too! :cool:

I hope the Rousey hype train gets derailed, but I think it's highly unlikely that Carmouche will beat her. The reason is because due to the lack of KO power in the lighter weight classes (whether it'd be women or men fighters), the chance of an upset is very low.

Yes, very sick of Rousey. She needs to be humbled.

I want her to beat Carmouche so they're forced to make Cyborg vs Rousey. And she will get smashed and humbled into shutting up for good.

I cant believe I'm a Cyborg fan now, but thats what Dana and Rousey's obnoxious promotion has forced me to be.

WAR CYBORG

Funy how @ every media scrum the past couple yrs ppl keep buggin Dana bout female MMA and he shoots it down to their seeming disappointment. Now he is ready to bring in the 135ers b/c Ronda is marketable and its a problem? Sherdoggers one day Ima figure out what is going on w/ you guys.:rolleyes:

tumblr_m4n3acifJ71qihztbo1_500.gif

I do. Lousey is extremely immature and has a low speech IQ. She makes herself look like a raving jackhole. She is digging the grave of her own demise and building the coffin. She has "X-Pac" heat in that people hate her, but they won't spend money to see her get beat. She is actually bad for MMA in general and WMMA in particular.

Hell, I see her first real defeat (Cyborg-like TKO ER visit, jackhammer KO, brutal sub) breaking her like Gina and making her quit MMA. I don't think she has the heart to come back from a definitive loss. She is having fun because it is easy to moderate. As soon as it becomes hard and she loses, kiss her behind out of the Octagon.

Rousey should not headline the ufc event. She's not an interesting fighter.

The only decent parallel to be made here, so far as women's sports go, is boxing; and they are doing it wrong. The rest inherently segregate, because (obviously) women simply can't compete with men in the same sport. Because of this, the rest have to create their own exclusively-female leagues, which kills interest across the board. What boxing and MMA have the ability to do, is remove the "competition" aspect of women vs. men, and promote them both as one sport. They never have to compete with men directly, which lends itself to drawing in a real crowd for the women. Promote them on the same cards as men, as a division(like StrikeForce did, and the UFC will do), treat them as seriously as you treat any division, and eventually the interest/acceptance will follow. This is one of the only markets, in sport, that really allows for that possibility, and every opportunity should be taken to push it as far as they can; as it could only be good for the sport in the long run.

See, now, this I think is interesting. Because you're essentially defending the notion of women's MMA in the UFC, and there's nothing wrong with that, but you're making the argument that we should support it because it will enhance the sport of MMA.

If you tell someone that they should watch a film they have no interest in because it would further the cause of cinema, you might agree with me on this, they'll think you're a fucking asshole; and I have to say, and this is nothing personal, I more or less feel the same way about how you're presenting yourself with regard to women's MMA in the UFC. I'm not in it to build the sport of MMA, or work the field of combat sports so that the seed of a future great can grow from the tree of women's MMA; I'm in it to watch fights that interest me, and the fights that interest me exclusively feature killers with penises and poor language skills.

I know we won't agree on this, but slicing a hardcore version of foxy-boxing onto a UFC card is something that I don't like, simply because it makes the entire thing feel strange and less serious. Imagine if Led Zeppelin had suddenly started touring with a retarded keyboard player during the height of their popularity; it might have added something different, and creatively pushed the band in a new direction, but it would have still been a change for the worse.

Back