Relationship Anyone else failed at real life relationships?

A lot of my best friends are dead.
Most of the rest moved out of this area or live on the other side of the country.
This area is fucking weird now, it used to be a really cool place full of music and art.
Gentrification and the techies pretty much killed all that.
Like everywhere I used to hang out is gone.
It's fucking weird before things closed how alien things became here because of the new crowds that moved in.
Shows n concerts was all I had left really and where I saw people who weren't work friends.
Now that's all gone to shit.
Also I'm kinda weird, not like creepy weird,but my interests aren't exactly the kinds of things this new crowd is really into so I don't bother with most of them.
I can fake it enough to get through polite conversation, but the number of people I meet irl that I can truly connect with is small. Tbh I dislike a lot of the people I meet. I've learned to enjoy my own company a lot more the last decade.

Fortunately I have my best friend and his family around. And they treat me like part of the family. That's enough for me, if I had a decent GF I'd be pretty much set.

Last edited:
Lol I called a woman ma'am once and I thought she was gonna kill me

<6>
I trapped my finger in a cab door once as it was driving off, when he realised I was running along slamming my other hand on his window to stop I was more affronted that he said "ma'aaaaaaam, can I help you, can I call anyone for you maaaaaa'mmm than my finger being a bit crooked for half an hour. If I was 21 I wouldn't like it. But yeah chick coming in the other day and calling me miss...it was nice.

I do understand "ma'am" is being polite so I don't take it personally.

Most of the rest moved out of this area or live on the other side of the country.
This area is fucking weird now, it used to be a really cool place full of music and art.
It's fucking weird before things closed how alien things became here because of the new crowds that moved in.
Shows n concerts was all I had left really and where I saw people who weren't work friends.
Also I'm kinda weird, not like creepy weird,but my interests aren't exactly the kinds of things this new crowd is really into so I don't bother with most of them.
What are your interests?

If we weren't in a pandemic, you, me, other half and other half would have had a beer already. We at least have your and my music taste in common and food. Shame we didn't know before.

I can fake it enough to get through polite conversation, but the number of people I meet irl that I can truly connect with is small. Tbh I dislike a lot of the people I meet. I've learned to enjoy my own company a lot more the last decade.

Fortunately I have my best friend and his family around. And they treat me like part of the family. That's enough for me, if I had a decent GF I'd be pretty much set.
I used to fake it but, I got bored of that.
It's also just so draining.
I get that not liking most people you meet thing, I've felt like that at times but realized I was mingling with the wrong crowds.
I do the same, don't mind being alone most of the time tbh.

Thats good, ya don't need a ton of friendsas long as the few you have are good ones. Quality over quantity def holds true when it comes to friendships and relationships.

Woorddd.
Can't wait for shows to actually start up again.
There were so many cool tours cancelled.
Woulda been fun.
Aside from anything else local small venues and my mate who's a full time musician need to earn money.

I've lost Lamb of God, Trivium, Megadeth and In Flames tickets but I've seen all of them so many times now. I feel more for the artists who rely on local brewery gigs and stuff like that...when all the breweries can't open.

Anyway <3

I trapped my finger in a cab door once as it was driving off, when he realised I was running along slamming my other hand on his window to stop I was more affronted that he said "ma'aaaaaaam, can I help you, can I call anyone for you maaaaaa'mmm than my finger being a bit crooked for half an hour. If I was 21 I wouldn't like it. But yeah chick coming in the other day and calling me miss...it was nice.

I do understand "ma'am" is being polite so I don't take it personally.
Lol this chick was like MA'AM? MA'AM?!?! I'M NOT EVEN THIRTY!

<{ByeHomer}>

I thought I was gonna get slapped lol.

I got 2 friends i see regularly (one moving away)

2 i see irregularly

(Lots of associates though)

I find that I don't really make friends easily anymore and my old friends have gotten progressively more distant as time has passed. I don't know if that is normal for everyone as they get older or if I've just become more bitter as the opportunities in my life start to become less and less.

Aside from anything else local small venues and my mate who's a full time musician need to earn money.

I've lost Lamb of God, Trivium, Megadeth and In Flames tickets but I've seen all of them so many times now. I feel more for the artists who rely on local brewery gigs and stuff like that...when all the breweries can't open.

Anyway <3
Yeah I know a buncha people in bands, theyre all hurtin and most of em are on hiatus.
A couple have streamed some shows but its not the same of course.
Buncha small venues and stuff have closed too permanently which sucks.
It will be a bit of a scramble for a while but nothing that hasnt been done before..

Lol this chick was like MA'AM? MA'AM?!?! I'M NOT EVEN THIRTY!

<{ByeHomer}>

I thought I was gonna get slapped lol.
Would you have taken the slap like "yeah I deserved that"? Which you obviously didn't. I get called ma'am probably 50 times a day on the phone, I get that it's polite but I still don't like it. They don't know my age and when I pick the phone up I have quite a girly voice so it pisses me off. Daft, I know.

Who has grown tired of fake family and friends, repeatedly broken trust and inherent obligations draining all your precious time and energy?

I myself have given up, cutting them out, and prefer socializing passively and anonymously on sites like sherdog. Its way less stress and i feel much more free.

My dating life has sucked since the pandemic so I’m just working on my physical health and my other goals instead. When things ease up I’ll be shredded or I’ll Create online dating profiles with my new ripped bod.

I had a lot of fun in 2019 just don’t want it to be over.

Would you have taken the slap like "yeah I deserved that"? Which you obviously didn't. I get called ma'am probably 50 times a day on the phone, I get that it's polite but I still don't like it. They don't know my age and when I pick the phone up I have quite a girly voice so it pisses me off. Daft, I know.
Hell no I wouldn't have lol.

Yeah I know a buncha people in bands, theyre all hurtin and most of em are on hiatus.
A couple have streamed some shows but its not the same of course.
Buncha small venues and stuff have closed too permanently which sucks.
It will be a bit of a scramble for a while but nothing that hasnt been done before..
If my local venue opens again I'll be pitching for them to get my friend in again asap. You'd like him, he isn't massively metal anymore but really good rock. Not trying to pitch. The Ritz in San San Jose is a really cool little rock venue. I just want everyone to be okay again.

Welp I didn't talk to my family for nearly a decade. Tried again about 5 years ago, and won't be trying ever again. Divorced, and don't see my current GF often enough to tell her I'm breaking up with her because she never spends time with me and treats me like the lowest priority in her life.

<2>

Welcome to the misanthropes club bud

Back