Anyone been KO'd before?

Brazilian HKD said:
i was koed by a liver shot

one of the worst kinds of ko, believe me

'
ANyone who has not been KOd in training isnt going hard enough or is just super LOL

Yeah bro- happened to me. The pain takes a second to come in but when it does WOW.

A jaw ko sometimes hurt, but alot of times you just wake up like What the hell happened. The pain comes the next day. But a body ko just HURTS.

Ive been put to sleep by a RNC, wasnt bad at all just took a minute or two to recover.

it doesnt hurt till you come back around. you dont really know it happens untill you wake up either. but its just like having a huge headach for a while and it will eventually go away like in a few hours but if you have a concussion you will have that headach for a week if not more.

gettink knocked out isnt really as bad as it seems.
ive been rocked in sparing and its really not that bad.
*but if it happens in sparing chill for a while (like 30 mins) before you jump back into sparing just to make sure you're alright*

Even while wearing a football helmet I was knocked silly by pugil stick. It was like looking at a starry sky. I was held before I hit the deck. Afterwards my gums and jaw were aching.

I've been pasted a few times in TKD (yes tkd!) and put on my ass, but that was a few years ago. I just kinda stayed down feeling surprised more than anything, before getting back up. Not much since then apart from at a couple of gigs when someone's cuaght me whilst moshing.

The worst was at an Black Sabbath gig at downlaod festival...got hit hard, and dropped like a sack of shit. I didn't black out, but my legs went, and it totally sucked the life outta me. The rest of the gig i felt sick and had a headache until i went to bed that night. It wasn't very nice though.

I would like to be knocked/choked out though, just for the experience, since i've never blacked out or fainted. Closest i've come is getting up too quickly in the morning, and the blackness coming around my eyes and the hissing in your ears, but it goes after a few seconds.

herpes said:
I can tell, you type like you're in need of a cat scan.

I'm just joshing.

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_chee :icon_chee :icon_chee

Yea been done a few times.Once to RNC.Once got tagged cos I was being lazy and cocky in defending and boom !And once I got hit with a stone that someone threw and it caught me on the head and off I went to sleep then too.That was the first time actually.

well so far I have had 15 amature fights here in Toronto for Kick Boxing. I have never been Ko'd but I have been rocked. I got really dizzy and felt light headed and tired, however within 1-2 sec's everything snaped back in place. After I won the fight (lucky me) I was talking to one of my trainers and he said "nice recovery" and was talking about when I got knocked. Apparently I stumbled a bit but guarded up and was ok. Honestly, I can't remember it all to well, i remember getting hit, then being backed into the ropes. The few sec's between that are permanently gone from my memory :). When I get KO'd (it will happen sooner or later, happens to everyone) I will come post my story!

DirtySanchez22 said:
i got ko in football i got hit halmet to halmet from behind all that i remeber everything was black then i woke up

Same. What was funny about it was that I was driving the punt returner up in the air for a sweet tackle. A team member came in from behind for no good reason and knocked me out cold. The kid musta been freaked when an unconsious player was rolled off of him... When I woke up I could not move ANYTHING except my eyes and thought I was paralyzed. I was freaked out beyond belief so when I was finally able to stand i stumbled away from my coach and kept moving. Plus I had the fire alarm sound going off in my head. Fun times :icon_chee

ive been rocked before while boxing i got rabbit punched.. it wasnt really hard but i was very dizzy.. everything was in slow motion.. after a few minutes it went away..

Acctually my worst KO was playing basketball. Some bad footing and my much larger freind came tumbling down on my head. All I remember was hearing oh shit he's dead. Then I was in class taking notes without knowing how I got there. As for being KTFOed in training, I never spar boxing/kick boxing its kinda new to me and I'm not entirely good at it lol.

Took many hard shots, wobbled but never went all the way out. Almost did from a knee to the temple once but no dice. Been choked out though, no fun there. No good can come of that. :)

Weird thing though, one time I cranked my ankle really bad and suddenly a sick feeling rushed into my gut and I went out for about 30 seconds. To add insult to injury, my new girlfriend at the time was there, a total skinny blond magazine model hottie. I'd only been dating her for a week and when I came to the first thing I saw was her looking down at me, laughing her ass off. She laughed at me for about a half hour. I couldn't get mad at her because it probably did look hilarious.

Don't really remember the pain upon impact but my jaw did hurt after a few mins. It was like one second i was standing up and trading, next my knees got all wobbly and I was on the floor. Kind of a blur, happened quite fast.

axecutioner said:
Only by chokes in practice. I kept grappling, then everything went progressively downhill from there.

been there myself

Haven't been knocked out in training, but got knocked out in church by a surly church pew.

I got up real quick and managed to get the corner of the little shelf that holds the hymnals right into the spot in my kneed between the knee cap. It must have jammed right into a nerve, because I remember getting up and it hurting, and I put weight on it to kinda push through the pain.

Then my vision started looking like a checkerboard that was filling up with more and more white squares. Little tiny ones.

Next thing I remember is feeling like I was raising up from my side in slow motion and my brother who was standing beside me wondering what had just happened. Apparently it looked like I had just sat down.

Honestly the worst part of it was me freaking out afterwards, but after going outside and kind of taking stock and realizing I was alright it wasn't that bad....makes for a funny story anyways.

DaleCaliente said:
'
ANyone who has not been KOd in training isnt going hard enough or is just super LOL

Yeah bro- happened to me. The pain takes a second to come in but when it does WOW.

A jaw ko sometimes hurt, but alot of times you just wake up like What the hell happened. The pain comes the next day. But a body ko just HURTS.

TRaining for GG tourny in new jersey summer of 1996. Throwing counter punches and slip work when I made the mistake of looking at my trainer (shouting instructions). I got hit with a nasty right hook to the solar plexus, then a right uppercut left hook combo...that is what I was told...got hit with my mouth open, good night.

Brazilian HKD said:
i was koed by a liver shot

one of the worst kinds of ko, believe me

Me too in training by a huge heavyweight, i'm a middleweight i thought my liver exploded. it sucked there was like 25 people just standing around me staring, i couldnt get up for about two minutes it was the worst, it hurt so bad i almost cried! I've also been ko'd on my feet in the last 10 seconds of my first fight i couldnt see shit, but i could hear people screaming! i ended up winning after i got a standing 8 count and tied him up until the bell rung! I was a bit shaky the rest of the night! I also got ko'd for a bit in a car accident, i felt like shit for about 4 days after that happened im lucky i didnt get killed in that one!

Nope, never been KO'd. I'm probably jinxing myself now.

Back