Anyone been KO'd before?

Been knocked out once and have knocked out someone before. Both were in TKD class, both from a roundhouse to the head.

When I got knocked out, all I remember is seeing this red blur (his foot pad) by my head. Next thing I know I'm standing facing slightly away from my partner, hands dropped and mouth piece about to fall out. He asks if I'm ok and then I realize what just happened.

And almost the exact same thing happened when I knocked out this guy in class. Same kick, hands dropped, mouth piece came out. I asked if he was ok and he didn't respond. I asked again and he gave me a confused, look then a slow grin crept on his face and he charged me. lol. Should have finished him when I had the chance. :)

I got knocked out playing football once.

It was interesting. I woke up lying flat on my back with 4 coaches leaning over me yelling.

ive been koed but not in a fight.a few years ago when i was at school i was doing pull ups in the gym at pe from a bar that was about 8 ft from the ground when my friend ran up behind me and grabbed my legs trying to lift me of the bar.i lost my grip when he grabbed me while he was movig forward i fell backwards and smacked my head of the wooden floor.i was only out for about 30 seconds but as i woke up i just felt very dizzy and i was seeing double i tried to stand up and nearly fell back onto the ground but the same friend caught me and sat me down on a bench i felt very dizzy for a couple of miniutes it wasnt really sore it just felt like waking up with a serious hang over.like i said it wasnt a fight but still a knock out.

I was KO'ed by a 160lbs. kid, i'm 215lbs. I was throwing with, 4oz. gloves on and he hit me clean on the neak just under the jaw line {thats what I was told after}.
I just remember sitting on the ground and I'm like WTF, werent we just fighting dude?
It didnt hurt me, it humbled the fuck out of me though. That Exp. just proved that size can be overcame with speed, although to be fair if "I" would have landed clean I could have broke the kids face open, Think of Jens Pulver Vs Wanderlie Silva

Once completely.

Got double legged during some training and landed on the back of my head. Lights out.
I was out a few seconds, came back and felt like I was hit by a train. For the next few hours everything was very lethargic and my body didnt want to respond much. (Concussion much?)

Another time I took a huge shot breaking up a fight at a bar, huge welt, thankfully didnt go out cold, grabbed the guy for a few second recovery and then slammed him on the ground and smashed his face in.

never in a fight (not that i've ever fought top level competition in a combat sport). i've kept my chin down pretty good in all my brawls. but years ago i got smacked by a car right outside of my house going about 35 on my bike and hit the side of my face onto the car. all i remember is being on the ground staring straight ahead not being able to move, watching my arm flex involuntarily. pretty hazy after that. but i ended up getting up with help and walking home. no broken bones miraculously, but a pretty bad concussion and facial lacerations. i have no recollection of pain, just shock more than anything.

BritishJuJitsu said:
If you did, what'd it feel like? Did it hurt at all or...you didn't notice?
<h5>
Here's an idea, run full blast into a brick wall with your head down, when you come to please let us know what it felt like to be KO'd.....:D

P.S. I've never been Ko'd, been hit with a bat, a rock & fists. Guess I have a fairly hard head.</h5>

Twice by the same guy during High School.

Once from a cheap shot, b/c I was deliberately being distracted by the school c***. She asked me from my right side whether I planned to fight and then the guy came from other direction and caught me square on my chin; it felt like I got hit by a truck. I think I did a complete spin and landed on my face (on the snow). I got up completely dazed and remember him yelling "sorry, cheap shot". I put up no guard, and got knocked down again.

END of fight.

The second time during our rematch, I tried kicking him in the head by his locker but stupidly wore shoes with no grips b/c I thought they looked cool - imagine, I was worried about my appearance during a fight?

In any case, the kick grazed the side of his head. He got up, and started throwing haymakers that would either connect on the side of my head or miss by a long shot. I kept countering with my jab and right, which he couldn't defend cause he was exposing himself. It was an effective strategy (says my friends or other onlookers I spoke to after) until he finally decided take me down and bang my head on the floor for like a minute. I couldn't defend the take down b/c of the shoes (which had no grip whatever) and all I remember is a pounding on the back of head and getting up after smiling and wanting to fight the guy again.

It almost happened about a week later in the principle's office, but buddy gave me respect and we became friends (until some my friends my me crashed his friend's party a couple years later - long story) Then he and his boys wanted to kill me.

Unfortunately for them, I got the last laugh.

We were playing basketball in a schoolyard, and some kids were around doing whatever. I get a pass and turn to go up court, when out of the blue one of the kids is on our court in front of me. I remember trying to jump over him. Then I remember a sound that was kind of like the noise a brick newspaper makes when it smashes Fred Flintstone on the head. I woke up with a huge mouse under my eye. OH, and the kid was fine. Imagine my excitement there. grumble...

Never been KO'ed, but had a concusion in football. The worst was when I was playing shortstop in a softball tourney. This dude hit a line shot that bounced off my chin, rolled back to the pitcher, and the pitcher almost threw the guy out. I hurt from my chin to my ear for about 3 or 4 days. I have never been punched that hard in face for sure.

Been rocked by a shin kick to the head in training. Everything went double vision on me and it felt like I ate a whole bottle of Zanex. Never been full on KO'd, well not unless you count car accidents, in which case I dont rememeber hitting my head, but I rememeber a lot of blood, and being numb from going into shock.

Throwing a guy out of a bar in college; slipped on spilled beer (tile floor, spilled beer and wrestling shoes = stupid). Banged my head. Buddies say I ate a knee, I still claim I hit the corner of the bar on the way down. Bottome line, like everyone else says, it did not hurt a bit when it happened, hurt just a little bit when I came to (starts, hazy, just felt weird), and hurt like holy hell the next day...massive headache, huge bump on eyebrow area that just throbbed, felt like crap.

In last year's NAGAs I was knocked out by a choke. I have too much pride to tap and the refs in this event are pathetic. All I remember is slowly blacking out and finally coming to a few minutes later (I was told). When I came to, it was really fuzzy and it felt as if everyone was staring at me (they probably were). The next day my vision was a little blurred but other than that I was fine.

i was at the rippers one time and this fukin broad knocked me out wit her titties!

I have been KO'ed 4 times in my life, none actually in a fight though. 1 car wreck, 2 times in wrestling practice, and 1 failed attempt to jump my brothers go-cart over a 9 foot creek bed have left my head swolen. You dont feel a damn thing tho, and it seems most people come back through and dont realize what happened. After the ol' go-cart jump, I was only out for maybe 10 sec, but I dont remember the next half hour of events. Keep your chin tucked tight =)

Back in my school days I got "sucker-punched" coming off the bus and went out. The dude kept firin' me up in the face and I didn't move. I didn't even know that we were going to fight and had fought?! When I came to I was standing in the middle of the street talking about ordering lunch or something. My buddy was there and said that the guy hit me like 10 to 15 times and only stopped because I wouldn't fight back and was mumbling about nothing. Nobody was even around but him and me when I awoke!

No after affects like headache or anything. I felt more "fuzzy" throughout my body than anything! Everything tingled! It was weird.

I got hit with a liver shot punch before. I couldn't breathe and went dowl like a bag of sack. Never been punched out in the face though.

Back