Anyone a fan of the idea of Pat Barry v Overeem ?

I agree overeem would beat Barry but his fans are fucking delusional. Who has he beat at hw that makes people think he is the best hw?

Overeem beat the same guy that Cain beat to win his HW belt. :p

Overeem is top 3 right now.

If this fight where to happen, I do believe it would be the hallmark match of why they need to add another weight class to HW.
Poor poor Barry.

I love Barry, he is one of my favorites.

But he doesn't deserve this chance right now, and he is too one dimensional to take high caliber fighters.

I have hope that he will evolve his game to the point he can earn a chance to fight the top of the chain.

No way Overeem is to powerful hes gonna destroy JDS and Cain with ease.

if Reem doesn't chicken out and keeps it standing, Barry could KTFO of him. He has no chin

I love Barry, he is one of my favorites.

But he doesn't deserve this chance right now, and he is too one dimensional to take high caliber fighters.

I have hope that he will evolve his game to the point he can earn a chance to fight the top of the chain.

I actually think Overeem has become just as much a one dimensional fighter as Barry since he put on all his weight (his one dimension has been fairly successful though I must admit).

I wouldn't be so sure tbh, Reem would be too confident to take it to the ground and barry has the skills to KO the reem for sure.

I like how you pull statement like this out of your azz. Tell me when Reem was overconfident? He even took Brett Rogers down ffs. Reem is pretty smart and knows his limits fight wise. He would just clinch Barry, throw a knee and use a trip or toss to get it to the ground. Gnping Barry aftetwards.

im a fan of pat, but let's be real even if the fight stayed standing, he would get uberkneed

Pat does not deserve a top 3 HW for his next fight. And i like Pat a lot.

From the responses so far, I take it that some folks here haven't seen or forgot about the Lavar Johnson vs. Pat Barry fight :icon_lol:.

untitled-3wkx5d.gif

Lol, I remember turning the TV on because I missed part of this fight and as soon as I turned it on.. this was happening and I was like :eek:

I love Pat Berry this would probably end his career he is better then Ubereem in 0 ways

I would take Overeem but you can't just dismiss Barry. He has thunder in his hands and Overeem doesn't have the greatest chin. It only takes one shot.

The person who started this post does not know a thing about mma fighters when he makes stupid suggestions like this! Just look at Pat Barry's record. He wouldn't stand a chance. Stop making stupid suggestions!! Barry is not even in the top 20!

The person who started this post does not know a thing about mma fighters when he makes stupid suggestions like this! Just look at Pat Barry's record. He wouldn't stand a chance. Stop making stupid suggestions!! Barry is not even in the top 20!

Sorry sir I guess everyone should just make threads that suit you. Serra probably wasn't top 20 when he beat GSP but I guess that doesn't mean anything to you either.

Like watching pat fight anyone.... He could hang wif overreem 4 a bit if he brought his a-game....

Quick submission win for Overeem. He'd just be too much for Barry - I'd watch it though.

Would be awesome to see another extremely brutal finish by The Reem.

I wouldn't be so sure tbh, Reem would be too confident to take it to the ground and barry has the skills to KO the reem for sure.

Not sure what to think of this to be honest...

I initially thought 'are you kidding me? Barry is a decent kickboxer and Reem is a K1 world champion... let's not get silly'.

However, Barry does have power... it's a small chance, but a chance nonetheless.

Still - Reem would own his soul.

Back