Anyone a fan of the idea of Pat Barry v Overeem ?

I have an even better idear lets see Overeem fight Nelson,Carwin,Mir,Gonzaga or Struve or Yvel...basically more fighters that JDS has fought so we can see what Overeem does to them. It would be epic.

Not sure why but I just thought even with the size difference it'd be an exciting way to bring Overeem back after his suspension.

Yeah the best reward for getting pistol-whipped by Lavar Johnson is to get a fight with Alistair Overeem. That would be so competitive..

if Reem doesn't chicken out and keeps it standing, Barry could KTFO of him. He has no chin

Overeem has a good chin....also this is MMA brah. You gotta have a complete game. The one dimensional JDS will soon find that out when he fights Overeem.

Very much agreed. I would love to see JDS vs Hunt as more than likely Hunt would KTFO JDS as well.

True dat mofo. If you can get subbed in 63 seconds by a stinktard like Sean McCorkle you can definitely beat Junior dos Santos. Jesus H Corbett.

Overeem has a good chin....also this is MMA brah. You gotta have a complete game. The one dimensional JDS will soon find that out when he fights Overeem.

Overeem has a shit chin. His only chance vs Junior is to win by guillotine. If he can't sink one in, he gets busted up and stopped by a superior MMA boxer.

untitled-3wkx5d.gif

That is awesome. After Overeem beats JDS then I would like to see Kongo,Hunt,Lavar or Barry fight JDS. That would be cool to see. All of these guys have a chance to KTFO JDS.

Hey, what did Pat ever do to you to make you hate him TS?

This fight would be like a warm up for Overeem and will let us see if he deserves to fight for the belt or if he will be just fighting the loser of JDS vs Cain or any other contender, nice to see UFC will feed him in order to gain some credibility, or lose it completely once and for all

This fight would be like a warm up for Overeem and will let us see if he deserves to fight for the belt or if he will be just fighting the loser of JDS vs Cain or any other contender, nice to see UFC will feed him in order to gain some credibility, or lose it completely once and for all

Overeem asked Dana for a fight as a warmup for his title fight. Overeem could have waited for his title shot but he wanted another fight in between. They gave him Bigfoot to destroy.

Overeem loves to fight and most other contenders would have probably chosen to wait.

True dat mofo. If you can get subbed in 63 seconds by a stinktard like Sean McCorkle you can definitely beat Junior dos Santos. Jesus H Corbett.

JDS has a crap ground game and has stood with everybody. Hunt would wreck him.

Overeem has a shit chin. His only chance vs Junior is to win by guillotine. If he can't sink one in, he gets busted up and stopped by a superior MMA boxer.

Sorry brahhh...MMA is not boxing and I will add that JDS is not and has never been a boxer. He has never had any sanctioned boxing or kickboxing matches EVER! :icon_chee

Overeem will liver kick,clinch,knee and punch JDS into a mess.

Id favor Overeem but Barry has the power to put anyone away and Overeem doesnt have the greatest chin

Overeem has been KO'd 6 times in MMA.

Using your reasoning, Anderson Silva has been submitted twice by cans :icon_chee.
At least Overeem has been KO'ed by top LHW / HW at the time.

Seriously, I don't understand how people can really go this far back into a fighter's career and use their early losses as some sort of indication of how the fighter is today.

This is actually why I like the idea of the fight. I think he needs to fight at least once before he gets a title shot and Barry just had a great highlight reel knockout, see by a lot of people. I think guys like Hunt and Kongo (who could also play this role) have been out of the casual fan lime light to long to pull in the viewers the UFC wants.

that's one sure way to get fan-favorite Pat Barry back in the loss column: pit the one-dimensional small HW striker against a hulking K1 champion lol.

what you will see is the difference between a really, really good kickboxer...and a K1 kickboxing champion.

Pat Barry has a punchers chance, but Overeem would more than likely finish him.

The fight would be embarrassing for Pat because he would be made to look like an amateur in the only area he is supposed to excel. They would have to stop billing him as an 'elite' kickboxer afterwards.

Back