Anyone a fan of the idea of Pat Barry v Overeem ?

From the responses so far, I take it that some folks here haven't seen or forgot about the Lavar Johnson vs. Pat Barry fight :icon_lol:.

untitled-3wkx5d.gif

Overeem has been KO'd 6 times in MMA.

I wouldn't be so sure tbh, Reem would be too confident to take it to the ground and barry has the skills to KO the reem for sure.

since pat barry isn't a huge fighter overeem could control him against the fence like lavar johnson did and land knees for the stoppage, most likely option imo. overeem will see how hard this dude hits and not take his chances.

Barry hasn't earned a shot at a top contender. But this would be a crazy fight. Overeem has shown he is vulnerable to big power in K1. Pat Barry could easily KO anybody that stands in front of him he has a good chance if Overeem doesn't grab a hold of him or gets that KO shot first. But again unless Overeem loses to somebody and gets dropped in rank or Barry beats somebody higher and gets a shot. Its not an appropriate fight at the moment.

I just pictured the Reem getting a standing guillotine on Barry and it reminded me of:

687b5_darth-choke.jpg

From the responses so far, I take it that some folks here haven't seen or forgot about the Lavar Johnson vs. Pat Barry fight :icon_lol:.

untitled-3wkx5d.gif

lavar johnson is a monster. imagine taking those shots. although pat has lost twice by knockout he does have a pretty damn good chin. he takes huge shots i mean he ran right into kongos right hand and lavar threw anti aircraft level shots at him. overeem would beat him against the fence with knees to the body with follow up shots to the head.

Really it would be a very exciting fight but the problem is Overeem is your number 1 contender and if you get him beat that would ruin a whole lot.

Pat hits him with one of those bombs and the upset could easily happen. Ufc wont want that but like i said great fight on paper.

I have a huge feeling that overeem would take Barry to the ground just to be safe.

He did take down Rogers, I dont see why he wouldnt take Barry down

I like Pat... don't want to see him get mauled by the Reem.

I prefer to see Pat live a long and healthy life.

Lets stop churching Overeem up ok? Us hardcore fans know what hes about and have followed his career. Who has this man seriously beat of late? The guy has plenty of losses in MMA its time we stop getting boners over hugeuscles and see things for what they are. Overeem damn good hw and crushing striker but weve seen this guy eat canvas on more than one occasion and if there is a man who has KO ability its pat barry. Absolutely ZERO reason to right him off in this slug fest. Whoever lands the first shot wins.. Its that simple.

Lets stop churching Overeem up ok? Us hardcore fans know what hes about and have followed his career. Who has this man seriously beat of late? The guy has plenty of losses in MMA its time we stop getting boners over hugeuscles and see things for what they are. Overeem damn good hw and crushing striker but weve seen this guy eat canvas on more than one occasion and if there is a man who has KO ability its pat barry. Absolutely ZERO reason to right him off in this slug fest. Whoever lands the first shot wins.. Its that simple.

Overeem's last MMA loss was before Barry even had his MMA debut. Since 2000 the Reem only lost to top guys and yes, those were ugly loses but still, the guys that beat him were way better than Barry. Also Pat is freaking small and will eat some Uberknees in the face.

Overeem's groundgame is also a thousand time better than Barry's and, worst of all, he is a master of the standing guillotine which is easier to get on smaller opponents. What the hell is Barry going to do when Overeem will clinch with him? Take him down?

I have a huge feeling that overeem would take Barry to the ground just to be safe.

He did take down Rogers, I dont see why he wouldnt take Barry down

He didn't so much take him down, as savagely toss him to the canvas while standing. Quite something to watch really.

Overeem, a K-1 world grand prix champion...
Barry, a decent mid level kickboxer...

And don't make me bring up their skill differences in grappling..

Overeem is no slugger btw, he picks his shots with accuracy, not power... He has been in this game far too long to be drawn in to slug fests with one-dimensional strikers.

This coming from a forrest griffin fan...LMAO

overeem wouldn't be stupid enough to brawl with barry he's smarter than that. he could control him against the fence or on the ground and finish the fight there. barry hits hard enough to knock him out for sure but overeem wouldn't give him the chance imo. i'd give barry like a 5-10% chance.

Overeem hardly put a beating on K1 Werdum in the stand up. I'm a fan of this fight.

Watch AO's fight with Aerts from 2010. Barry never made it past the quarter finals in K1, and its not like Barry can do anything but fight AO standing.

Back