Any lightweight who could stand with Conor?

Any LW can Conor keep up with in grappling? You need more then striking to hang on to a belt.

Honestly I’m getting a little interested about a Poirier rematch. I think it could be a great fight. At 145 I think Holloway would out strike him in a five rounder but Outside of those two at 145 I feel Conor beats all of them standing 155 below

We saw Nate Diaz stand with him and make him shoot in the 1st fight...

Then stand with him for all 5 rounds of the 2nd fight.

I think Diaz, Pettis, Tony, and Barboza can give him a good fight standing. Also RDA when he was fighting at LW.

Remember, Conor is good, but he shines when he has a reach advantage. He has never KO'd an opponent longer than himself.

Pettis or Barboza both have weak boxing

Its not a Boxing match though. Conor likes fighting guys that he can keep on the outside and then catch coming in when they get frustrated. Both Pettis and Barboza are fine striking from the outside because their kicks are so amazing. Not saying they would outstrike Conor, but saying they have weak boxing is a terrible reason for them getting outstruck

Honestly I’m getting a little interested about a Poirier rematch. I think it could be a great fight. At 145 I think Holloway would out strike him in a five rounder but Outside of those two at 145 I feel Conor beats all of them standing 155 below

A Porier rematch would be a waste of a McGregor fight.

Porier has gotten better, but he's still not that good. Tony, Kevin Lee, Nate Diaz and Khabib all smash him IMO. Barboza too.

I picked him to win vs Alvarez, but he was getting dominated grappling and Eddie got stood up because of a silly illegal elbow that did 0 damage. It wasn't a very impressive performance to me because of that.

Lando Vannata maybe but even that's doubtful. I don't like Conor at all but his stand up is pretty good, Pettis or Barboza both have weak boxing, Tony and Gaethje are too slow and willingly take too much damage. Kevin Lee and Khabib wouldn't stand with him. Who's left? Chiesa? Lmao. No, no one beats him standing at Lightweight unless the UFC signs Buakaw, Saenchai or someone like that.

Vannata? Vannata has been clearly outstruck in two of his last three fights (and went life and death in the other one of those three).

He dominates every lw and ww in ufc standing. Thompson could cause aome troubles with his lenght but i believe that Conor would KO him aswell.

This kid is why people hate conor fans.

Last edited:
Lightweight mma fighter I don’t know, ww u have to be joking about that

are nuthuggers this delusional?

You say Lando but don't mention Teymur who has pieced up every fighter he's fought. Or even guys like Vick who are taller, better striker than guys like Nathan. You don't need Buakaw lol wtf.
I'm not even a Conor fan let alone a nuthugger Lmao. I said Lando because him and Kevin Lee are my boys at Lightweight. I forgot about Teymur he's good too, Vick is taller and has long reach but his striking is fairly rudimentary.

Vannata? Vannata has been clearly outstruck in two of his last three fights (and went life and death in the other one of those three).
I know but I'm a huge Vannata fan, he's one of the most exciting strikers in the entire sport. Like I said it's doubtful that he'd beat Conor but I'd like to see it anyway. I don't think anyone with a conventional striking style would trouble Conor unless they were pure strikers like the K1 Max guys. Like another poster suggested though Teymur is a good option to test Conor.

If barboza had more of a chin he would absolutely cripple conors lead leg. He still probably could. Conor hasnt fought a wide enough variety of fighters to say he would outstrike everybody from WW down thats fucking ludacris

Lol, Floyd would get murdered in the cage.

Now that he's old yeah. Had Floyd started training MMA 10 years ago though he would have been a killer no doubt, (Not at 155 though, he's never weighed in higher than 152 even in his Jr Middleweight fights)

Love him or hate him Floyd is one of the greatest athletes with the highest work ethic our generation has ever seen and his mind for fighting is on another level. He would have been successful in what ever combat sport he applied himself in.

(I know this comment will get a lot of hate but don't bother quoting me if you are going to insult me or say stupid shit like "Floyd get's smashed" based on nothing because I won't bother engaging with you)

Now that he's old yeah. Had Floyd started training MMA 10 years ago though he would have been a killer no doubt, (Not at 155 though, he's never weighed in higher than 152 even in his Jr Middleweight fights)

Love him or hate him Floyd is one of the greatest athletes with the highest work ethic our generation has ever seen and his mind for fighting is on another level. He would have been successful in what ever combat sport he applied himself in.

(I know this comment will get a lot of hate but don't bother quoting me if you are going to insult me or say stupid shit like "Floyd get's smashed" based on nothing because I won't bother engaging with you)

{<redford}

According to Sherdog, every LW can beat him on the feet.

The hate is so ridiculous lol it’s deluding minds in this bitch

Amazing how much rub that he's gotten to this day because Ferguson didn't take him seriously and fought like an idiot in that first round.

Back