Any lightweight who could stand with Conor?

McGregor a big FW and a small LW. Till has way too much power for him. I think he could piece up any WW, but he couldn't take their shots.

Not an McGoat fan, but you are being a hater now.
Understimating Conor's boxing is a dumb Nick Diaz would probably win, Rory could fight him, but the others you mentioned would very probably not have a boxing Chance against him..
No you people are freaking on crack think Conor has good enough beat them guys. He looked like shit in that fight with Floyd. Conor had to much trouble with nate. All them guys I named would beat the shit out Conor at 170 in mma stand up and boxing. There a reason why nate dosent stay fighting at 170.

Champion : Tyron Woodley
1 Colby Covington (Interim Champion)
2 Darren Till
3 Rafael Dos Anjos
4 Stephen Thompson
5 Robbie Lawler
6 Kamaru Usman
7 Demian Maia
8 Neil Magny
9 Jorge Masvidal

Most of these guys beat Conor and some would beat him easily.

Till, Thompson, Woodley, Lawler, and Masvidal are capable of beating him with only striking.

Woodley would have to use his wrestling. Till wins due to size. Lawler has no chin left. Prime Lawler could get either get countered if he comes aggressively or he'd wait for him to gas. Wonderboy and Masvidal both have to wait for him to gas.

It's ridiculous that people still don't understand how advanced Conor is in striking. There's a difference between a very good striker and one who moves up a weight class and has their hands behind their back against the champion. One who KO's a 10 year unbeaten champion in the first 20 seconds of the fight with a single, well-timed (not lucky) punch.

Barboza

Woodley knocks his fucking head clean off.
Come on Barboza would get pressured and outboxed. "Woodley knocks his head off clean." Why? Simply coz he hits harder? That overhand right of his could get him slept. Conor has no chance of stopping Woodleys double leg though.

Yes because he gave nate so much trouble. Nate not even top 25 at ww. Please get the hell out here with that nonsense. Carlos, t.wood, Thompson, rory, Nick daiz, lawler, till, hardy, cowboy and GSP would beat him senseless all day in stand up. Tony and dustin would beat Conor in stand up.
You went way too far when you said Cowboy. Even you know it. Cowboy struggles with boxing defense. He struggles against Southpaws. Look at his record if you don't believe me. He also struggles against pressure fighters and enemies. He's also a slow starter what Conor is a first round phenom. Horrible fight for Cerrone.

You're trying too hard to fanboi. Diaz ended 3 rds dominating Conor. Conor literally ran from him in the cage.

You literally just proved my point. I said Nates chin kept him in there and then you brought up Conor running. Was he not running coz he was tired? Was he not tired coz of all the shots he was throwing that Nate was blocking with his face? And soneone cannot give Conor without being called a fanboy?

You literally just proved my point. I said Nates chin kept him in there and then you brought up Conor running. Was he not running coz he was tired? Was he not tired coz of all the shots he was throwing that Nate was blocking with his face? And soneone cannot give Conor without being called a fanboy?
He ran because he didnt want to engage in a fight. He was also taking shots and getting worked. It's fanboying when you cant be objective enough to see Nate wasnt just a punching bag in the cage. SMH.

Pretty weird that (almost) all lightweights are bad in boxing defence. When people say Nate, Nate blocked most shots with his head that's not really boxing defence
I've said it before, the top lightweights are all brawlers.
We saw Nate Diaz stand with him and make him shoot in the 1st fight...

Then stand with him for all 5 rounds of the 2nd fight.

I think Diaz, Pettis, Tony, and Barboza can give him a good fight standing. Also RDA when he was fighting at LW.

Remember, Conor is good, but he shines when he has a reach advantage. He has never KO'd an opponent longer than himself.
Not all five rounds as he spent quite a bit of time getting knocked off his feet.

He ran because he didnt want to engage in a fight. He was also taking shots and getting worked. It's fanboying when you cant be objective enough to see Nate wasnt just a punching bag in the cage. SMH.

He didn't want to engage coz he was tired. We all know how he got tired. He was getting worked coz he was too tired to do anything. Nate has cardio and a chin but Homer Simpson defense and IQ. And great bjj.
Again, not a fanboy. Are you?

Woodley would have to use his wrestling. Till wins due to size. Lawler has no chin left. Prime Lawler could get either get countered if he comes aggressively or he'd wait for him to gas. Wonderboy and Masvidal both have to wait for him to gas.

It's ridiculous that people still don't understand how advanced Conor is in striking. There's a difference between a very good striker and one who moves up a weight class and has their hands behind their back against the champion. One who KO's a 10 year unbeaten champion in the first 20 seconds of the fight with a single, well-timed (not lucky) punch.

I don't know how you think Conor is waiting for anyone to gas when he gets tired quicker than most. Nate beat him threw striking and I know you are going to say Conor gassed which he did but that doesn't counter the point that Nate beat him through striking. If Nate can do it then you bet high level WW's can do it.

I don't know how you think Conor is waiting for anyone to gas when he gets tired quicker than most. Nate beat him threw striking and I know you are going to say Conor gassed which he did but that doesn't counter the point that Nate beat him through striking. If Nate can do it then you bet high level WW's can do it.

I said THEY have to wait for him to gas. Not the other way around. Nate did it and it seems like thats the only way for anyone below MW to beat Conor in the feet. Except Till and Wonderboy.

Back