Any Ex-Overweight Mayberrians?

I'm actually getting vertical gastric sleeve done in a few months after all my evals

Played football for a year in college; cultivated mass in the summer beforehand to get to 220lbs. I was a little bloated at that weight, but with all the lifting and sprinting- I was actually more cut than I am now at 175. Well, after I quit the team my sophomore year, I went from a modestly lean 220, to a beer gut, fat college kid who ate and drank like a slob. After I graduated, I was like...yeah, fuck this. I've never been over 200 lbs since, and I've been around 170-175 for the last two plus years.

I'm 170 now.

I got up to 240 lbs (I'm tall, so I just looked big, which was "good" aesthetically).

Lost 80 lbs with "diet" / food eating habits change.

Every week I cut one shit thing out of my diet.

Just something small.

Eventually I stopped eating those shit things, because I wasn't "dieting," I was changing my eating habbits.

I eventually got into a "paleo" esque style of eating: meat, veggies (lots), and high fat.

Cutting back:
-Soda
-Alcohol
-Sugar
-Carbs (bread / whites)

Is pretty significant. Then you can go further.

EXAMPLE: do you drink soda? Cut it down 1x can a day, and try to cut it in half by end of week.
Do you eat desert? Stop that over another week.
Do you eat carbs/breads after 3pm (I know this doesn't really matter calorically, vis a vis WHEN, but psychologically its helped a lot of people I know)? Stop that in a week.

Move that to 12:00pm.

Add another helping of veggies over the next week.

Continue, and you'll eventually have a pretty healthy "diet" where you can splurge every now and then.

/no pictures for you.

/kept it off for the last 4 years, now I'm trying to "bulk" up a bit again, so I'm relearning how to eat heavier :D

i was 100kg fat and muscles, now am ripped 85kg, i used warrior diet and lot of jogging and walking, but a lost a lot of muscles too and a little stregth as well

i still want to go down to 73-75 kg and become lightweight, i would wreck everybody in this weight if i would be able to keep my strenght, but am stuck at 85... dont know what to do, am only 1.80 (5.11) tall, i have no idea where the weight is.

any advice? :D

ps: probably should ask this in S&C

I've never been obese, but have been up to 220 and as low as 180 in the past several years. At 6'2" I can carry 220, but the way it was distributed was bad, too much around the middle. I'm comfy at Franlinweight now, and a recent rejuvenated fitness kick has got me about where I want to be. At the age where everything will go to my gut if I don't stay on top of things.

I have been overweight in the literal sense, but never fat.

I walk around at anywhere from 240-275lbs at 5'10 depending on whether I am bulking or not.

I try and keep my body fat under 15% at all times though.

I was probably 5'11' 180lbs at 18 y/o. By 28, I was 229! Lost a bit and hovered between 210-215 for a couple years. Then on October 17, 2010 I had had enough. Got down to 167 in about 6-7 months. I looked better and felt great but the best part was just feeling in control for the first time. I just felt like I was powerless to change for so long.

Weight loss is like quitting smoking. You try and fail over and over and then one day it clicks. It's actually almost easy when you are truly ready to make the change. Keeping the weight off is way harder. I find old habits creeping back in and have put some weight back on. It's just going to be a challenge forever I guess.

I have been overweight in the literal sense, but never fat.

I walk around at anywhere from 240-275lbs at 5'10 depending on whether I am bulking or not.

I try and keep my body fat under 15% at all times though.

5'10, somewhere between 240-275 and sub-15% body fat? Do you have any pics bc that's pretty big. Should look a lot like Pat Barry.

I went from 210 to 175 @ 5'8''.

I was always able to get girls, but now i get hotter ones.

I took pregnancy as an excuse to eat a bag of brownies every day. I was up 58 lbs when my 8 lb daughter was born.

It took me about a year to lose the weight. I was disgusted with myself and will never make excuses for that kind of eating ever again.

I'm 5'10 and a few summers ago was a few pounds short of 2 bills, put in work and dropped to 168.

Felt good.

Went from 265'ish-270 in 8 months was down to 192 pounds. Moving to Florida helped as I ran and was active every day. Started running from 1 mile and got up to 6 miles a day. Then I ate healthy, nothing but health food for those 8 months.

i let myself get a huge gut not that long ago.

lost 40 pounds in about 3-4 months. not hard.

went to gym 5 days a week. cut out bread, gave up sweets, chicken breast and zucchini is your friend. really did not have to put too much effort into it.

also, don't eat just to eat.

Good advice. I was around 230 at 6 foot and I just started eating salad and chicken breast. Down to about 200 but can't get lower due to drinking around 10 beers a night (nightlife)

Definitely have a lot more confidence. I feel like I have been running shit lately and have been getting more attn from women

Lost 21 kilos since August, in October i really started Intermittent Fasting and dropping 500 calories from my daily intake.

was 103kg, now 82kg's.

Goal is to get below 80, maybe even 75.
Then bulk properly and gain pure muscle lifting/protein and all that.
BBuidling forums have really helped. Misc...

I've noticed it's a lot colder without the extra fat...

I've noticed it's a lot colder without the extra fat...

it is for sure! I live in Canada with winters that are cold. When i was 210 i had a nice tire of fat and was rarely cold. My skinny friends complained about the cold, i didnt.

Nowadays i feel the cold alot more.

Back