Any Ex-Overweight Mayberrians?

Mountain Dew

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm a former fat guy, in about 2009 I was probably around 120kg's and now I hover around 80kg.

I just wanted to see how weight change has affected some of you in comparison to my own experiences.

Has your quality of life improved? Do you function better socially? Are you having more success with females/males?

When I was rounder, I struggled with confidence and was quite socially awkward. These areas are much improved now, but I still struggle interacting with strangers and am still not comfortable with approaching random girls. My success with women has improved also, but I feel as if I could do much better but I'm finding it hard to pull the trigger.

I went from 200 to 170 lbs., but I dont think thats obese.

Im 5;10"

Mayberrians are so disgusted by obesity it is insane to believe any would admit to having been one. Or, so I've learnt from other fat threads.

i used to be overweight, and it was awful.

though being fat doesn't necessarily mean that you won't have success with women. a lot of fat guys are able to ignore their physical issues, while improving their personality. it's probably some kind of defense-mechanism, if i were to guess.

but then i was overweight as a child, and i wasn't really looking to sex chicks up when i was twelve.

I'm 5'8 & around 163lbs. I was always around 150-155 before but I learn as I grow older my metabolism gets slower. my current weight may not seem like a lot but it really bothers me, & it's hard as hell to lose the added weight, whereas before it would be so easy.

back when i was around 8 i was somewhat overweight. i lived with my dad, and he had no time to cook, so i pretty much lived off of fast food. i ended up moving with my mom, lost a bunch of weight, got healthy again. a couple of years later, my mom and dad got back together, and i got fat again. by the time i was 13 i finally took matters into my own hands and decided to eat healthier and exercise. been good ever since.

I fluctuate between obese and fit. Generally during the winters, I get nice and fat, and then I will start working out again in January. I don`t know how people work out all year around, that shit gets boring as hell. I also get sick and tired of seeing all those memes about getting fit, they actually make me want to not workout.

I'm technically overweight. I doubt I'll get my BMI below 25 any time soon either.

I am at my maximum fatness. Time to start losing weight. If I gain 20 more pounds I don't think I will be able to wipe properly.

I went from 230lbs to my current 150lbs. Physically I feel much better but tbh I'm still a fat guy in the head. It's tough to get over that whole mentality. Although I do notice more people paying attention to me I can't act on it at all and avoid people I don't know like the plague.

I went from 230lbs to my current 150lbs. Physically I feel much better but tbh I'm still a fat guy in the head. It's tough to get over that whole mentality. Although I do notice more people paying attention to me I can't act on it at all and avoid people I don't know like the plague.

did you have any residual hanging skin?

did you have any residual hanging skin?

Yeah a bit on the belly. I do loads of sit-ups and push-ups to compensate and it's not that noticeable anymore (I'm not getting a six pack anytime soon though)

Me. Used to be 265 and had no shape. Dropped to 175 and right now I'm 215 working on my lifting totals and such (this happened over the course of 4 years fyi).

I graduated High School at 190 lbs. My first year out I was laying around at 220 lbs. I got sick of being lazy and chubby, so I quit eating sugar and anything wheat related. I'm at 185 lbs now and I feel great. I have more confidence for sure and now I get angry when I hear people complain about being fat.

/Rant

Yeah a bit on the belly. I do loads of sit-ups and push-ups to compensate and it's not that noticeable anymore (I'm not getting a six pack anytime soon though)

good to hear. keep up the good work.

funny-gif-thumb-up-facebook-comment.gif

I have some extra fat around my lower back/hips. Proportionally, I've always had a bit extra around there compared to my stomach. I'm actually not sure if it's loose skin now or just the last place that fat is being stored. Maybe a bit of both? I'm going to try drop my BF% a little more and assess the status.

Edit: Also congrats on the major weight loss.

Last edited:
Back