Any Ex-Overweight Mayberrians?

Was 350+ and am now around 210 normally. Got down to 199 with cardio and started working out with weights and what not now. Have loose skin at this weight so didn't really want to get much lighter. With the weight lifting for a few months, I hope to put on some good muscle so when I do cut to around 180-190 area I won't look like complete shit. As for the questions:
Has your quality of life improved?

--Absolutely. I run 5k's and 10k's every month and competed in a triathlon. I don't sweat when I do more than breath so that is pretty sweet. Fit in seats at sporting events/airplanes. Everything is pretty much way easier.

Do you function better socially?

--I functioned pretty well socially as a fat guy so I'd say not too much. Just made me more confident so obviously that would help your social skills.

Are you having more success with females/males?

--Been with a chick since August who is way hotter than any of the previous chicks I had been with and actually got hit on by decent looking girls this semester at school (definitely a first).

Thanks for your contribution, congrats on the weight loss. That's a huge difference.

I was around 210 in high school and probably high 20s if not low 30s body fat %. I'm now 170 and 10% bf. I lost the initial weight through manual labor but lately within the last year or two, I have been powerlifting and doing Muay Thai religiously. On top of that I intermittent fast and eat paleo (for the most part).

Has my quality of life improved? Drastically. I have never been happier, stronger, faster, powerful, etc... I wake up and physical activity is the most important part of my day.

Do I function better socially? Yes, I was that quiet kid in high school. If I went to a reunion today, 99% of people wouldn't know that I had existed. Most of the people in my life (especially women) don't believe me when I say that in my younger days I never would have had the confidence to talk to them.

Am I having more success with women? Yes but I would only partially attribute that to the weight loss. I thought at first if I lost weight that women would flock to me but eventually I figured out it was more through my actions that would get me female attention if anything. I went from dateless and pretty much friendless in high school to having had some gorgeous women as of late.

Not overweight per se. I was really bulky with muscle and fat. 170lbs/5'3" so according to BMI I was a tubber.

I went from 200 to 170 lbs., but I dont think thats obese.

Im 5;10"

im 5'10 210 lbs ...it all depends on your build and how you carry it ....id look like a twig if i went to 170 lol

I'm 5 foot 5 and I balooned to 215 after shoulder surgery a combination of overeating not exercising and drinking contributed to it. Now after a big overhaul in diet and exercise routine I'm down to a 160 and I'm happy with my physique

Yep, I was a fat ass when I was a kid. Weighed 160 when I was 12 lost it all by the time I was 16. Weighed about 165-175 from 16 till I got my first real job after grad school at 24, the weight i gained was from lifting weights. Got married at 25... .+15 lbs. Had a baby at 28...+20 lbs. That is about where I am now 210# 6'0" tall. Been busy with work, but now that I secured my promotion, ill work at getting back to 180

oh and for the record.
I did have more confidence academically and professionally. I felt like if I could lose the weight I could do anything. socially. .. not so much, I always been kinda awkward. with the ladies, more girls crushed on me, but wouldn't consider myself a ladies man, kinda had a shit childhood and somewhat of a mess in the head.

I was obese all of my life, so when I was 15 I decided to exercise and lose weight....I went from 280lbs to 160lbs, now I refuse to get like that again so I always eat extremely healthy and workout 6 days a week. Best decision I ever made in my life.

I went from 196 pounds to 154 pounds in 2 years. Now I'm building muscle and up to 165.

I'm 5'7" and I got up to 220 lbs by the time I left The Army. I was big and overweight but I was still able to pass all my PT tests. I have been out for 8 yrs now and I'm down to 165. No exercising or anything either. I still get high as fuck and eat junk late at night but I'm not gaining weight anymore. I guess my metabolism kicked into high gear again.

I'm 5'8 & around 163lbs. I was always around 150-155 before but I learn as I grow older my metabolism gets slower. my current weight may not seem like a lot but it really bothers me, & it's hard as hell to lose the added weight, whereas before it would be so easy.

I sort of know this feel. I put on around 15lbs recently (diet went to shit over the past few months), and it definitely sucks when you see that extra fat on your belly.

It has done wonders for my ass, though.

I sort of know this feel. I put on around 15lbs recently (diet went to shit over the past few months), and it definitely sucks when you see that extra fat on your belly.

It has done wonders for my ass, though.

pics or it didn't happen

pics or it didn't happen

tumblr_lxbs3qauUl1r0frfb.gif

I'm 5 foot 5 and I balooned to 215 after shoulder surgery a combination of overeating not exercising and drinking contributed to it. Now after a big overhaul in diet and exercise routine I'm down to a 160 and I'm happy with my physique

yeah surgery fucked me too. i was down to 183 (for about a day) and after i got my gallbladder out i put on 20 lbs. i haven't really been able to get back on my diet since. that was a year and a half ago. i'm around 210 right now. wanna get back to where i was, but alas, i'm lazy and like italian food.

yeah surgery fucked me too. i was down to 183 (for about a day) and after i got my gallbladder out i put on 20 lbs. i haven't really been able to get back on my diet since. that was a year and a half ago. i'm around 210 right now. wanna get back to where i was, but alas, i'm lazy and like italian food.

Just keep at it man, for me it was important for me to back down and get back in shape being in the military and it was still as slow painful process , the first few weeks are rough but then you just get into a rythm then you run the risk of plateauing then that's when it gets interesting because you really got a mix it up

90lbs wow, congrats. I was going to start training MMA but I tore my ACL in both knees lol.

Thanks man - That sucks to hear about your knees, though. I will say this though: Women have been WORLDS receptive since the weight loss hahaha.

Im 5'7 and at my fattest point I was 190 lbs, Im at 149 lb now.... when I was fat I was in a relationship so its not like I was trying to pick up any ladies, I dont think I struggled with confidence because of that reason but I just felt bad with myself, I felt bad looking at the mirror and now when I look pictures of myself back then I see an ugly motherfucker

the biggest id gotten to was 230 lbs....but that was due to snacking and drinking too much soda.....cut them both out and lost 20 lbs....now i hover 210-215 until i get back to florida and start working out

All my life growing up.i was fat. When i was 16 i was 300lbs and 5'11
Now i am 150 lbs same height. Ive kept the weight off for ten years
I was actually a lot more.out going when i was fat. Losing the weight was weird. But i feel great now physically

Back