Antibiotics don’t lose fights “St Denis”

Cardio makes cowards of us all

Antibiotics CAN and are known to kill cardio in a major way. And dude looked absurdly gassed after only a round, insane pace or not.

This is an excuse that very well may be completely genuine. Still looks like shit for playing the card though. But if he would have pulled out, fans would be pissed and Dana would immediately add him to his shit list.

Damned if you do...

Cardio makes cowards of us all

Antibiotics CAN and are known to kill cardio in a major way. And dude looked absurdly gassed after only a round, insane pace or not.

This is an excuse that very well may be completely genuine. Still looks like shit for playing the card though. But if he would have pulled out, fans would be pissed and Dana would immediately add him to his shit list.

Damned if you do...
Fatigue is not a typical side effect of antibiotics. However, up to 1 in 20 people might experience fatigue when taking a specific antibiotic called vancomycin. In most instances, feeling tired can be attributed to the underlying illness rather than the antibiotics themselves.

Might have been able to avoid infection in the first place if he showered regularly.

I read it google
How often do people in France shower?

24% said they shower once every other day; 11% said once every three days. The remaining 8% shower just once every four days... or less. And when the French are in the shower, it's not for very long, either. The study found that a French person spends, on average, nine minutes a day in the shower.

For info:
Human microbiome consists of thousands of different symbiotic micro-organisms. ABX kill off massive numbers of them, particularly in the organs that extract nutrients from fuel. ABX alter the microbiome. Alter is a big word. It is virtually impossible for the microbiome to recover to the pre-therapy balanced state. Post-therapy, the microbiome will recover to a balanced state, just not the same composition or exact same function of the pre-therapy state. Ever.
ABX are the 2nd most important pharmacological discovery in human history.
You should never take ABX unless you absolutely need them, and if you absolutely need them, you should start a targeted course asap.
The best pro-biotics contain 40 different organisms. Most pro-biotics contain ten. The microbiome consists of tens of thousands. It is a mistake to think of pro-biotics as an effective restorative therapy that "offsets" the unavoidable collateral damage of antibiotic therapy.

For BSD:
It looks like he said that ABX hindered his performance. If he took a course of ABX any time during the 4 weeks prior to the fight, the ABX definitely hindered his performance.
I'm not a fan of post-fight excuses. I don't like post-fight excuses. I don't know what BSD said.

Definitely, ABX therapy will negatively impact the performance of any endurance athlete until such time that the microbiome has recovered to a balanced state and the athlete has had time to train hard with the new state and his body has adapted to same.

My guess: the BSD style is to go hard and feel great. I bet he didn't feel as great as he expected to feel.

Also, don't expose your head to people who can really crack.
ABX did not cause BSD to have a wild BSD approach.
In the post-fight interview, Poirier immediately alluded to the insane experience of enduring that assault.
The best way to stop it is to land hard and clean.

Boom baby. Poirier can fight.

Let's see if BSD gets a little less wild and a little less open in his next fight.

Antibiotics make you dominate the first round and lose in the later round. It is proven. Just ask staph fighter Kevin Lee

rmuilyv7-720.jpg

Tony lost many first rounds and then managed to get a win.
Tony was reading his opponents in the 1st rounds, just like Petr Yan.
Tony is a strategical genius.

Not really - if that’s the case then why fight? Why not disclose it?
It’s not like he is saying “hey my elbow has flesh exposed”
Don’t get knocked out and make excuses like a Brazilian is what im
Saying
He said he couldn't pass up the opportunity for such a fight.

It's #12 vs. #3 on the main card of a PPV. Big opportunity for him to leap up the rankings if he wins. If he pulls out he misses out on the payday, and risks annoying other fighters in his division, the promotion, and the fans. No guarantee that Dustin will wait for him or that a similar opportunity will arise in the near future.

Also in this case people were speculating even before the fight that he had staph because of a blemish on his forehead. Since there obviously was something going on with him what's the harm in confirming it? It's not like he said he wins 10 out of 10 times if he isn't sick.

he is right
once i also ate antibiotics and then i immediately fell for most power consuming 90 degree double leg dives, fake submission attempts, sloppy non-impactful striking
also i felt a huge urge for striking in a pocket with someone who is best at doing it at my weight, was willing to put hands down and tank all hits with my face

damn, this bdsm guy nailed the problem with antibiotics
i think most nontop15 fighters take it daily

He got beat because of several reasons and non were antibiotics. 1) He tried to fight a ageing #3 ranked contender when the best he had fought was a #11. There are levels. 2) Dustin kept jumping guard looking for the guillotine over and over even though his coaches and training partners told him noy too. That kept BSD in the fight and on top control making him look like he was winning. 3) BSD has no head movement, he never moves it off the centerline and his chin was too high. He got KTFO as soon as Dustin quit playing on the ground. In the post fight inteview Dustin said BSD felt strong but did not hit hard. So there you have it. He is a not a contender just a pretender.

Antibiotics made him expose his chin multiple times and get tagged...

Maybe if it was a longer fight and he looked visually out of it and fatigued maybe the antibiotics reason would look better.

Last edited:
He was sloppy and oddly tired, but he made a poor choice in brawling with Dustin, and not listening Daniel Woirin who told him to not fighting that way...
He's got room for improvement, but the "killed or be killed" style is too limited in a division full of great fighters. He needs to rethink about that.

If you fight short notice or ill, the UFC will give you another chance.
It's a go out there, make us money, don't lose us money and we won't count that loss.

For BSD:
It looks like he said that ABX hindered his performance. If he took a course of ABX any time during the 4 weeks prior to the fight, the ABX definitely hindered his performance.
I'm not a fan of post-fight excuses. I don't like post-fight excuses. I don't know what BSD said.

Definitely, ABX therapy will negatively impact the performance of any endurance athlete until such time that the microbiome has recovered to a balanced state and the athlete has had time to train hard with the new state and his body has adapted to same.
Doesn't appear to be true. Fatigue is possible but it is an unusual side effect.

We concluded that in healthy individuals, a short-term antibiotic treatment had no deleterious effect on aerobic capacity or on muscle strength and was not associated with subjective side effects.

Fatigue is not a common side effect of antibiotics. However, tiredness may be a symptom of the infection you are treating, or it may be related to one of the potential, but rare, side effects of the antibiotic.

Last edited:
Fatigue is not a typical side effect of antibiotics. However, up to 1 in 20 people might experience fatigue when taking a specific antibiotic called vancomycin. In most instances, feeling tired can be attributed to the underlying illness rather than the antibiotics themselves.
I appreciate this info.

Not a fan of excuses after losses, but antibiotics usually do make people feel unwell and deplete energies in a variety of ways as they affect numerous organs negatively, plus the body battling the underlying infection.

Being infected and taking antibiotics as you are training hard and then weight cutting, which itself affects most organs badly, would absolutely reduce someone’s physical performance by a substantial amount.

I’ve never seen someone throw such heavy strikes— but that when they land, they deal such little damage.

he was basically tiring himself while not doing any damage at all.
it's embarassing.

Back