Anthony Johnson the only guy who can beat Jones.

100% Rumble could be the guy to have beaten Jones. It’s part of the reason why Jones got out of that fight. I feel like Rumble is a stylistic nightmare fight for Jon Jones.

A lot of people here don’t see it. Yeah Jones is the best but I feel like at the time Rumble would pull off a huge upset.

Rumble can beat ANYBODY. I see Jones frustrating him and folding his feeble heart.

wish Rumble'd get the KO though

Lyoto Machida and Daniel Cormier are as good as they get skill wise... They have the potential to win the first round or 2, but at round 3 all of that darting in and out will always gass them out and Jones will take control.

034_Daniel_Cormier_and_Jon_Jones.1500941964.jpg

Alexander Gustafsson and OSP.... less skilled than the 2 names above, but during fight night they did much better from their size alone. Jones has a problem with guys his own size, he can't bully them.
047_Jon_Jones_and_Alexander_Gustafsson.1379715216.1496011476.jpg

Anthony Johnson has the KO power and SIZE. This is something Jones should fear in the octogon, if anthony stops the takedown that would be huge also. This guy could knock Jones out in round 1-2.
jon-jones-anthony-johnson-dana-white.jpg
Jon Jones will never be able to fight unless he can stay of steroids.

So can we talk about that first?

That's the thing that's overlooked about the LHW situation between DC and Jones. Jones never had to face Rumble, DC took care of that for him 2x when he was knocking everybody out and looked unstoppable. DC also faced Gustafsson, a fight Jones was avoiding like the plague. Even right now DC doesn't want that fight because of how tough Alex is.

Say what you want about DC vs Jones, DC defended the LHW belt against two of the most legitimate contenders at 205 in recent memory while Jones was sitting on his ass getting ready for OSP. Now that Rumble is retired, Jones will never have to worry about him. We'll never know how that fight would've gone.
You don't know shit about the sport if you ignore the context surrounding those fights lol.

Jon was scheduled to face Gus in an rematch, but Gus' ass got injured. No one is running from Gus. Gus can't even make the fights. Then Gus got KTFOd by Johnson and legit was contemplating retirement.

Jones was also slated to fight Rumble, but Jones got stripped for the hit and run. That's how DC got the title. Jones came back to fight DC, and DC pulled out. He fought OSP. Then, Jones was to fight Rumble again, but Rumble pulled out.

Jones never ducked him, and vice versa. Gus is on the sidelines because he isn't as good as DC, Jon OR Rumble.

I wouldn't give Rumble much of a chance, he is nowhere near the fighter that Jones is. Jones has so many weapons and he is so creative and crafty. I'm sure Jones would finish Rumble on the ground, but I actually think Jones would beat him in the standup too, he is too creative and skillful. Plus Jones cardio and chin are absoutley fine, Rumble will be exhausted with a guy like Jones after 8 minutes
How could you not give him much of a chance? Sure Jones is more skilled overall but Rumble is devastating with his stand up.

There is a huge possibility Rumble would knock him out.

Your opinion is a bit stupid imo. Just because Jones is the goat dosen’t mean he is untouchable.

You don't know shit about the sport if you ignore the context surrounding those fights lol.

Jon was scheduled to face Gus in an rematch, but Gus' ass got injured. No one is running from Gus. Gus can't even make the fights. Then Gus got KTFOd by Johnson and legit was contemplating retirement.

Jones was also slated to fight Rumble, but Jones got stripped for the hit and run. That's how DC got the title. Jones came back to fight DC, and DC pulled out. He fought OSP. Then, Jones was to fight Rumble again, but Rumble pulled out.

Jones never ducked him, and vice versa. Gus is on the sidelines because he isn't as good as DC, Jon OR Rumble.

Ok so he wasn't ducking them. It still stands that he never faced Rumble and Gustaffson a second time after getting his ass beat the first time. Bottom line. DC took out the trash for him.

Last edited:
Also DC has written the manual on how to beat Rumble with "The Grind".
JJ could use DC game plan or come up with his own. Either way he bets Rumble, which is just another wrestler that hits really hard
Jones was meant to fight Rumble before Dc fought Rumble and laid out “the manual”. If Jones didn’t pull out or duck rumble there would be a solid chance Rumble would have beaten him.

Would have been great to see, I think Jones takes it as much I would be pulling for Rumble. Jones is creative and able to likely wear Rumble down and even take him down. However, Rumble was always 1 punch away, hardest hitter in MMA P4P my opinion. Too bad it never happened.

Rumble is only dangerous in the early rounds (1st 2 Rounds),

After that he comes back into a normal person.

If Rumble can capitalize it, he can KO Jones.

But I'd still favor Jones on this fight.

Gus never even touched a belt in his life... c'mon now. Machida is a Middleweight and still got the LHW strap... Gus can't even defend himself in side control.
Again, tell me when machida went equal with jones and gus

rumble will always be one of my favorites. dudes a wrecking ball and a breathe of fresh air in todays mma.

you know someones head is flying into the 5th row when hes on the card lol - unless its dc of course

Rumble threw the fight against Cormier.

He went in there to lose.

How the hell can we count on him to take out Jones? Yes Rumble has the physical ability but mentally he just can't get there.

It's sad but true.
I noticed it too.

He never fought Johnson... and if you think DC has the same KO power as Johnson..?? You are crazy man..

WTF is with you and KO power? Did that KO power help him with DC X2..? It's fighting man and if he don't get that KO and his tank runs out, what then..? Brains, experience, & grit, gets you through brother. I like AJ but he quits whenever you see Jones quit...?

Last edited:
Jones has a granite chin and insane cardio.

Rumble on the other hand is known to quit when things get tough

Jones beats rumble easier than Cormier did

Rumble has difficult time dealing with pressure and grappling. Jones could take him down and just sub him lol.

How quick we forget that Jon is a wrestler first, striker second.

Jones standup is so good that it makes people forget he's actually the best wrestler at 205.

He is such a bad matchup for Rumble. No idea why people think he has any chance. That anti-jones bias is a strong drug.

<Dany07> Please @Fortniter33 explain this ^^^ stylistic nightmare I need to hear/read this...

giphy.gif
Rumble is a better striker than Jones. Rumble kod pretty much every in the lhw division. Kod Gustafsson in the first round. Same Gustafsson who took Jones 5 rounds and gave him problems with stand up.

Only way Jones could weather Rumbles storm in the first round is by taking him down and eye poking him. If he dosen’t do either of those things. I don’t think he does as Jones likes to beat guys at their own game. Jones may try and strike with Rumble and will definitely come off second best. One shot from Rumble and Jones is fucked.

Always felt this way as well. I think Jones is the GOAT along with Anderson but Rumble was a very bad style matchup for him.

Back