Anthony Johnson the only guy who can beat Jones.

cain-velasquez-back-to-training-header-1068x566.jpg

Every clinch would be extremely dangerous for Bones within the first round and a half. Rumbles power and size, as mentioned, pose interesting problems. Bones has been hit clean many times. Getting hit clean by Rumble ends the fight the vast majority of the time. If Johnson doesn’t connect by the end of round 2 he says fuck it and gets molested.

I think that Jon is WAY too good with those elbows to allow Rumble to successfully close the required distance and stay in the range to win this one.
- They are both good wrestlers, but Jon has a slight edge and better overall TDD.
- Jon has incredible reach advantage, and effectively uses the knee kicks to maintain spacing. He easily wins a distant range standup encounter.
- Jon is better in the clinch, and does not gas near as quickly as AJ when forced to fight in tight. Cardio Jones by light years.

Realistically, this is a horrible matchup for AJ. Classic punchers chance only, that drops each and every round into the fight!

It drops dramatically every minute lol

No way. Love Rumble but let's say they fought at HW, for shits and gigs, I still feel like Jones would outwork, outclass, simply out technique him. Rumble would wither by R2 or R3 and would likely be finished. His only chances are a first round blitz. Jones take it via all of the above plus cardio and heart. As much as it pains me to say. I wish Rumble would win but I feel very confident Jones gets it done.

Rumble is a better striker than Jones. Rumble kod pretty much every in the lhw division. Kod Gustafsson in the first round. Same Gustafsson who took Jones 5 rounds and gave him problems with stand up.

Only way Jones could weather Rumbles storm in the first round is by taking him down and eye poking him. If he dosen’t do either of those things. I don’t think he does as Jones likes to beat guys at their own game. Jones may try and strike with Rumble and will definitely come off second best. One shot from Rumble and Jones is fucked.

You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you? Rumble is not the better striker just the harder puncher that's it that all. If you think being a harder puncher makes him a stylistic nightmare for Jones only confirms my thought you have no idea what you're talking about.

Rumble losses to Jones as he did to DC because they're more complete mma fighters who don't have to rely on big power to win fights...

You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you? Rumble is not the better striker just the harder puncher that's it that all. If you think being a harder puncher makes him a stylistic nightmare for Jones only confirms my thought you have no idea what you're talking about.

Rumble losses to Jones as he did to DC because they're more complete mma fighters who don't have to rely on big power to win fights...
I do know what I’m talking about lol. Rumble is 100% a better striker than Jones. Maybe it’s you who dosen’t know what you’re talking about?

I agree Jones is better in the clinch and ground and overall. But Rumble is a better striker because power does equate to being a better striker believe it or not. Rumble has better boxing/ kickboxing. Jones has better elbows and knees that’s it.

But look at common opponents. Jones struggled whilst striking with Gustaffson where as Rumble put him away early standing up. Rumble also ko guys like Manuwa, Glover (who Jones took 5 rounds to beat, also got tagged by Glover a few times) plus many other guys.

No need to say i don’t know what I’m talking about dude. How do you think Jones will react if Rumble is walking forward and throwing combos? He won’t stand there and outbox him. If he had any sense he would clinch him or shoot for a takedown.

Sounds kind of dumb but look at the ufc 3 game. They gave rumble a higher stand up rating than Jones so I must not be the only one who thinks Rumble > Jones in stand up

Rumble can get a KO in the beginning, but it's more likely

Isn't The Rock's real height and weight 6'2 236? I forgot where I heard that, but I remember hearing that The Rock isn't that tall and not as big as you would think in person.
6'2" 1/2 , but he's over 260 now.

It's a shame we never got to see this fight. This could have turned in to a classic

Johnson would have to retire again to magically gain 20 more pounds of muscle, then come back.

Lyoto Machida and Daniel Cormier are as good as they get skill wise... They have the potential to win the first round or 2, but at round 3 all of that darting in and out will always gass them out and Jones will take control.

034_Daniel_Cormier_and_Jon_Jones.1500941964.jpg

Alexander Gustafsson and OSP.... less skilled than the 2 names above, but during fight night they did much better from their size alone. Jones has a problem with guys his own size, he can't bully them.
047_Jon_Jones_and_Alexander_Gustafsson.1379715216.1496011476.jpg

Anthony Johnson has the KO power and SIZE. This is something Jones should fear in the octogon, if anthony stops the takedown that would be huge also. This guy could knock Jones out in round 1-2.
jon-jones-anthony-johnson-dana-white.jpg

The guy that quit multiple times in his career

Is gonna beat the greatest fighter of all time?

Lol ok guy

More so the Anthony that got choked out by LW outcast Rich “No Love”

No but for real, Ive been watching this sport long enough to never say never as styles always make fights buuuuuuut, Jones beats him with his adaptability in the cage he has.....
he's more susuceptible to the RNC than frank trigg.

Jones would’ve easily outclassed him. You think those wide hooks/swarms are gonna work on Jon? lol. Rumble was fun to watch, great fighter, true powerhouse. But Jones skill would outshine Rumble like it did everybody else. Jon is a much better fighter than Rumble. Most importantly he’s a more intelligent fighter. He picks Rumble apart, gets him down and strangles him with ease.

A whole lot of hoping and wishing on Rumble. It's easy to say what he would or would've done when neither guy is fighting right now. It would've been interesting to have seen it but I doubt he would've won a round against Jones let alone the fight.

If he couldn't beat DC, he won't be Jones. Jones will toy with him.

Rumble is too busy smoking weed and pumping iron to fight anymore.

Back