Anthony Johnson the only guy who can beat Jones.

Beerus

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Lyoto Machida and Daniel Cormier are as good as they get skill wise... They have the potential to win the first round or 2, but at round 3 all of that darting in and out will always gass them out and Jones will take control.

034_Daniel_Cormier_and_Jon_Jones.1500941964.jpg

Alexander Gustafsson and OSP.... less skilled than the 2 names above, but during fight night they did much better from their size alone. Jones has a problem with guys his own size, he can't bully them.
047_Jon_Jones_and_Alexander_Gustafsson.1379715216.1496011476.jpg

Anthony Johnson has the KO power and SIZE. This is something Jones should fear in the octogon, if anthony stops the takedown that would be huge also. This guy could knock Jones out in round 1-2.
jon-jones-anthony-johnson-dana-white.jpg

You may be right.

It is still more likely that Jones would take him down and slaughter him, though.

I've always said, if anyone can do it at 205 it's Rumble. If he has his head in the right place and a good gameplan he's got the tools.

I'd have considered Jones a massive favorite in that fight, although Johnson could definitely have knocked him into tomorrow.

Fight's never happening though. Even if Rumble returned, by the time Jones comes back Rumble wouldn't be able to make the cut from 500 pounds.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Rumble Will be bigger than the Rock by the end of the year

f28a0f3fdb4134cea26549842dd3af42.png

You gotta be f*king kidding me? The same Anthony Johnson that got choked twice in the same exact way by DC beyond power AJ don't have much going on as far as fight IQ goes, Jones as dealt with power before and overcome. I'll take brains over brawn for this one...

I've always said, if anyone can do it at 205 it's Rumble. If he has his head in the right place and a good gameplan he's got the tools.

Same, the people saying Rumble can't win are only using the dc fight as an excuse. Mmath...

Rumble threw the fight against Cormier.

He went in there to lose.

How the hell can we count on him to take out Jones? Yes Rumble has the physical ability but mentally he just can't get there.

It's sad but true.

I’m not even going to put the effort in to posting the GIFs of DC wreaking him.

Also overhand punches like the one Rumble is throwing and straight punches, like the one OSP is throwing, are not the same thing.

I think that Jon is WAY too good with those elbows to allow Rumble to successfully close the required distance and stay in the range to win this one.
- They are both good wrestlers, but Jon has a slight edge and better overall TDD.
- Jon has incredible reach advantage, and effectively uses the knee kicks to maintain spacing. He easily wins a distant range standup encounter.
- Jon is better in the clinch, and does not gas near as quickly as AJ when forced to fight in tight. Cardio Jones by light years.

Realistically, this is a horrible matchup for AJ. Classic punchers chance only, that drops each and every round into the fight!

Same, the people saying Rumble can't win are only using the dc fight as an excuse. Mmath...

So you're saying he beats Jones because he's big & strong and has KO power...? Like Jones hasn't dealt with the same formula before, C'Mon Man...?

You gotta be f*king kidding me? The same Anthony Johnson that got choked twice in the same exact way by DC beyond power AJ don't have much going on as far as fight IQ goes, Jones as dealt with power before and overcome. I'll take brains over brawn for this one...

More so the Anthony that got choked out by LW outcast Rich “No Love”

No but for real, Ive been watching this sport long enough to never say never as styles always make fights buuuuuuut, Jones beats him with his adaptability in the cage he has.....

Back