• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anne Hathaway denounces white and straight privilege at awards ceremony

Is this a thread where a lot of people tell us they do not care what liberal hollywood actors have to say, and then spend pages and pages whining about it?

giphy.gif
If any fully clothed woman is going to give me an erection, it's her.

Why does it matter if you or I "has it easier"?

Both you and I should do the very best we can in our life.

There are certain things I will never be and never achieve.

The social justice way of dividing everyone up into victim groups and oppressor groups is helping to tear society apart.

Because society has for hundreds of years been trending toward justice, fairness, and equality of opportunity: not by coincidence, but by concerted effort by persons of talent, compassion, and principle.

Some of us will keep trying to improve the lives of our fellow citizens. And others like you - just like those who opposed abolition, who opposed suffrage, who opposed civil rights, who opposed labor rights, who opposed freedom of religion, who opposed gay rights - will continue to say "tough luck, don't make me think, you're hurrrrrting society!"

To which we respond: fuck off and get bent. We'll do it without you.

Because society has for hundreds of years been trending toward justice, fairness, and equality of opportunity: not by coincidence, but by concerted effort by persons of talent, compassion, and principle.
This is what you and other social justice warriors will never get. Life is sometimes not fair. Sometimes you get to play, sometimes you get benched. Sometimes the other guy gets the raise, and you don't. But you do your best and you go on with life. We've all been on both sides of it.

{<jimmies}

Yes, just as a black man has it easier than a black woman, so does a straight black man have it easier than a gay black man.

Whether it is a "myth" or part of an objective reality (and, in the case of gayness orbiting around straightness, of a productive biological reality) is arguable. But....it's true. Everyone agrees about that, right?

What about a short black man? Does he have it easier or harder than a tall gay black man? What about a straight tall black man in a wheelchair? Where does he reside on this totem pole of power? Lets say hes a handsome tall black man ina wheelchair versus an average hieght non handicap gay black man with average looks?

Ya see why this is all fucking stupid or shall i keep going?

Lol @ cisgender privilege.

Durrr i'm so privileged because I was born a male and feel like one.

Do they not realize how mentally impaired they appear when they say shit like that?

Id love for trosky the retard that he is to get his entire way with society only to come to the conclusion that people have this tendenc to seperate feel special and different and have inherient advantages over others which they use to get ahead in life.

Trosky “i cant stop people from competing with eachother and winning”. “Its causing this imbalance all the god damn time where some people have it better than others”. “Why do people do this!?!”

Do they not realize how mentally impaired they appear when they say shit like that?

It puts you in the oppressor class

But, a transgender can also be in the oppressor class depending on race, being able bodied, etc.

Keeping in mind that it has nothing to do with them as an individual, their actions, or anything other than what groups they can be classified under.

It really is wonderful ideology.

If any fully clothed woman is going to give me an erection, it's her.

She entered third wave feminism.

Prepare yourself for her blue haired butch transformation complete with hairy armpits.

Some of us will keep trying to improve the lives of our fellow citizens. And others like you - just like those who opposed abolition, who opposed suffrage, who opposed civil rights, who opposed labor rights, who opposed freedom of religion, who opposed gay rights - will continue to say "tough luck, don't make me think, you're hurrrrrting society!"

Another thing. Barack Obama became president. He is half black (which is why some people voted for him), nice looking, can speak extremely well to crowds, and has a charismatic following. Me on the other hand, I have none of that. Should guys like me demand social justice because he's got all those above listed privileges?

What about a short black man? Does he have it easier or harder than a tall gay black man? What about a straight tall black man in a wheelchair? Where does he reside on this totem pole of power? Lets say hes a handsome tall black man ina wheelchair versus an average hieght non handicap gay black man with average looks?

The oppression/privilege hierarchy can get complex.

Who is more oppressed, a pansexual Latino transgender woman with 1 arm, or a Black intersex diabetic with Tourettes?

The only privilege she has is the fact that she is gorgeous, which is 50% genetic and 50% just keeping herself in shape (not a privilege).

No one gave her anything because she was white. If she was ugly and white no one would give a shit about her and she would be working at a Denny's.

The oppression/privilege hierarchy can get complex.

Who is more oppressed, a pansexual Latino transgender woman with 1 arm, or a Black intersex diabetic with Tourettes?

Fuck im so confused. Does the black intersex diabetic with tourettes have all her teeth?

Another thing. Barack Obama became president. He is half black (which is why some people voted for him), nice looking, can speak extremely well to crowds, and has a charismatic following. Me on the other hand, I have none of that. Should guys like me demand social justice because he's got all those above listed privileges?

Those aren't arbitrary traits, so no.

If you were those things, but were discriminated against or otherwise less likely to succeed based on you being white, then yes you should demand justice and persons like me should join.

This is what you and other social justice warriors will never get. Life is sometimes not fair. Sometimes you get to play, sometimes you get benched. Sometimes the other guy gets the raise, and you don't. But you do your best and you go on with life. We've all been on both sides of it.

This is an idiotic post. The point isn't arbitrary leveling into some equality-of-outcome reality: it's creation of equality of opportunity along arbitrary lines.

And, again, you would have said the same thing for any of the fights of yesteryear so long as you were not part of the group fighting, and were part of the group benefiting off of their struggle.

Fuck im so confused. Does the black intersex diabetic with tourettes have all her teeth?
She has all her teeth but she has a slightly noticeable overbite. That could be the tie breaker.

Those aren't arbitrary traits, so no.

If you were those things, but were discriminated against or otherwise less likely to succeed based on you being white, then yes you should demand justice and persons like me should join.

This is an idiotic post. The point isn't arbitrary leveling into some equality-of-outcome reality: it's creation of equality of opportunity along arbitrary lines.

And, again, you would have said the same thing for any of the fights of yesteryear so long as you were not part of the group fighting, and were part of the group benefiting off of their struggle.

There is equal opportunity as best as its ever been. Its not perfect equal, bit its pretty damn good.

You will never get rid of haves and have nots or hierarchy. Humans have always had a structured hierarchy of power and always will. Even if there was only one race with the same hair and eye color everwhere people would still segregate and create divide and groups and communities that would war.

You are trying to create a fucking fairy tale.

Being mentally impaired is part of the package deal. Being normal, able-bodied, sane, "unbroken", is not.

These are a people who get jealous of the power, stability of thought and self-confidence possessed by those whom they deem to be "straight" individuals (in more meanings, than just the one). They seek to remedy their own unstable, unhealthy state by taking out their frustration and self-loathing against the so-called "normal, privileged people", hoping to bring them down to their own level, so that they will feel more comfortable living in the muck.

At no point do they truly wish to attain this mythical state of harmonious balance, because it takes a lot of work and may realistically be unachievable for them. They're much more content in boiling in their own grease.

It is quite funny how many of such similar sub-cultures have developed in recent times, and how closely they follow each other in development. You could swap Hathaway with some incel guy, and they would be saying the same things, essentially. Instead of talking about "white" and "straight", he would be talking about "chads" and "normies", but it's all the same at the end of the day. A projection of one's own weakness and insecurity, towards the vilified "other", showing an utter incapacity for self-critique and self-improvement.

The hierarchy of oppression is crucial to all of such movements, even if they may differ in their perspective on who are truly the "oppressed".

Last edited:
Being mentally impaired is part of the package deal. Being normal, able-bodied, sane, "unbroken", is not.

These are a people who get jealous of the power and self-confidence possessed by those whom they deem to be "straight" individuals (in more meanings, than just the one). They seek to remedy their own unstable, unhealthy state by taking out their frustration and self-loathing against the so-called "normal, privileged people", hoping to bring them down to their own level, so that they will feel more comfortable living in the muck.

It is quite funny how many of such similar sub-cultures have developed in recent times, and how closely they follow each other in development. You could swap Hathaway with some incel guy, and they would be saying the same things, essentially. Instead of talking about "white" and "straight", he would be talking about "chads" and "normies", but it's all the same at the end of the day. A projection of one's own weakness and insecurity, towards the "other", showing an utter incapacity for self-critique and self-improvement.

The hierarchy of oppression is crucial to all of such movements, even if they may differ in their perspective on who are truly the "oppressed".
It does get pretty depressing listening to them cry every minute of every day.

Back