Television Anime and Manga v41

PROMARE hits the big screen on two days only Sept 17 (dub) and 19 (sub). I know nothing about it, nor its creators.

The first feature-length film from the acclaimed Studio TRIGGER, creators of the hit series KILL la KILL and Little Witch Academia, and director Hiroyuki Imaishi (GURREN LAGANN, KILL la KILL), Promare uses a bold cel-shaded visual style to tell a blistering action-adventure story, and is the spiritual successor to many of director Imaishi’s former works.

Thirty years has passed since the appearance of Burnish, a race of flame-wielding mutant beings, who destroyed half of the world with fire. When a new group of aggressive mutants calling themselves "Mad Burnish" appears, the epic battle between Galo Thymos, a new member of the anti-Burnish rescue team “Burning Rescue,” and Lio Fotia, the leader of “Mad Burnish" begins.

He just needs one good animated adaptation and I'd be happy
Yep that’d be nice.

After watching what they did to Gyo I was like:

giphy.gif

The Manga Rock site is shutting down. Hopefully the same doesn't happen with the app.

PROMARE hits the big screen on two days only Sept 17 (dub) and 19 (sub). I know nothing about it, nor its creators.

The first feature-length film from the acclaimed Studio TRIGGER, creators of the hit series KILL la KILL and Little Witch Academia, and director Hiroyuki Imaishi (GURREN LAGANN, KILL la KILL), Promare uses a bold cel-shaded visual style to tell a blistering action-adventure story, and is the spiritual successor to many of director Imaishi’s former works.

Thirty years has passed since the appearance of Burnish, a race of flame-wielding mutant beings, who destroyed half of the world with fire. When a new group of aggressive mutants calling themselves "Mad Burnish" appears, the epic battle between Galo Thymos, a new member of the anti-Burnish rescue team “Burning Rescue,” and Lio Fotia, the leader of “Mad Burnish" begins.

Looks like CalArts style gave anime herpes.

Trailer reminded me why I don't watch dubs.

Looks like CalArts style gave anime herpes.

Trailer reminded me why I don't watch dubs.
You have watched at least one or two dubs right? Cowboy Bebop did a great job and Hunter X Hunter too.

I always thought JoJos was trash just because I didn't like the first arc

I stand corrected like 2 eps into the second arc

I just finished the first season a couple of weeks ago wasn't sure if I wanted to continue. Was kind of disappointed the first JoJo died I liked him better than his grandson.

I'll check out season 2 I guess to see what happens.

I just finished the first season a couple of weeks ago wasn't sure if I wanted to continue. Was kind of disappointed the first JoJo died I liked him better than his grandson.

I felt the reverse
I disliked the first JoJo, and thought his story was way too paint by numbers. I will say the change was a bit jarring and I didnt like the conclusion of that arc.

but I much preferred the second JoJo, he has some personality and even if its annoying its more fun to watch imo. Also the side characters all have actual motivation and backstory, unlike the side characters in the first arc.
I'll have to see how the second season goes as well

Last edited:
I felt the reverse
I disliked the first JoJo, and thought his story was way too paint by numbers. I will say the change was a bit jarring and I didnt like the conclusion of that arc.

but I much preferred the second JoJo, he has some personality and even if its annoying its more fun to watch imo. Also the side characters all have actual motivation and backstory, unlike the side characters in the first arc.

Yea I can agree about the story. I do like the second JoJo but I just like his grand father more. Overall the second arc was better because I enjoyed the pillar man story line better. Also thought the Nazi guy was a good character.

Yea I can agree about the story. I do like the second JoJo but I just like his grand father more. Overall the second arc was better because I enjoyed the pillar man story line better. Also thought the Nazi guy was a good character.
100%

I think I might appreciate the first arc more now that I've seen the second
also I think the british accents in the dub are really grating, and I watched the dub for some reason which may have been a mistake and taken away from the show for me

I felt the reverse

I've watched all of them and never read the manga. Personally I like season 2 and 3 the best. Jotaro is probably my favorite of all the Jojo's. After a while I felt it started to get repetitive with all the stand users. It's like new bad guy with new stand. OMG how do we stop this, ok we figured it out so lets move forward and meet the next stand user until we reach the boss. The last season was a little different towards the end, but probably my least favorite season.

New Peerless Dad. Looks like the cat is about to get out of the bag as to how badass daddy is.

I've watched them all I pretty much enjoyed them. tho my favorite ones have yet to be animated that would be part 6 Star ocean and part 7 steel ball run

Part 4 is probably my favorite part.

Josuke and gang are hilarious.

Mori-Mori-Mori-Mori- Morioh-cho-Radiooooooo!

And of course part 4 had the best hero, The Ambulance.

Is vinland saga worth getting into?

Seems to have a lot of hype along with demon slayer

Is vinland saga worth getting into?

Seems to have a lot of hype along with demon slayer

Vinland Sagas manga is excellent, one of the more enjoyable manga I've ever read (though reading it week to week is terrible)
And the anime seems to be a really well made, nice to look at remake with great music

The anime is also really well paced. I say watch the first 4 or 5 eps and if you dont like it by then you probably wont.

Last edited:
Vinland Sagas manga is excellent, one of the more enjoyable anime I've ever read (though reading it week to week is terrible)
And the anime seems to be a really well made, nice to look at remake with great music

The anime is also really well paced. I say watch the first 4 or 5 eps and if you dont like it by then you probably wont.

Yeah its opening is, if listening to internet, running for the anime opening of the year lol

Back