Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by JBSchroeds, Aug 12, 2019.
Yes and everything requires an exaggerated pose!
Even sitting down.
New Kentaro Miura interview i saw posted somewhere else
- Duranki is made under Miura's Studio Gaga. For the series, he is credited as writer and producer.
- For Duranki, assistants are taking care of the inking. As writer & producer, right now he makes the storyboard, sketch the draft, quality checking and final adjustments. (like "Art Director" in anime production).
- Three assistants on-site, one remote.
- For Berserk, he draws all the characters and background. Assistants are only in charge of tones, buildings, background soldiers or far-off scenery. Recently he started having them draw the ground too.
- He is usually fast with storyboarding, so he doesn't think this new series will affect Berserk production. Main bottleneck is the art, because he tries to draw everything by himself.
- He hopes to use Duranki as an opportunity to improve his assistants' skills so that he will be more comfortable offloading more of Berserk work to his assistants too. Potentially speeding up Berserk releases.
- Eventually, his goal is to only do the storyboard and final adjustments for Duranki and let his assistants do the rest.
- Duranki turned into a series when he shared one of his ideas for a new manga to his editor.
- Originally Duranki was actually a isekai time travel manga, but scrapped the isekai approach because it was too prevalent and went with straight fantasy/mythology.
- His manga production is now fully digital. Made the switch around 2015 when Rakshas revealed his true identity.
- He knows he has an unhealthy obsessed with drawing every little details. Believes it's simply because he loves the old, "Baroque Period" of manga like Akira and Fist of the North Star that had really dense and detailed art.
- Quite happy with using digital to draw. He gets to zoom into stuff and obsess over each little pixel. His editor tries to stop him whenever he goes that far.
- Never felt bored making Berserk. Always tries to do new themes. Making manga is fun.
- Berserk is currently in the later stages of its overall story. Lot of shocking things coming up after the current arc.
Which anime is that?
Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure (From part 2)
I know when you strip away the details Demon Slayer is so far a pretty rote battle shonen
but god damn, that execution
what a great fucking anime
I just started demon slayer since its at 23 episodes and I'm blown away both by the art style and the level of animation. Damn. Great visuals.
The hashira are just like your bleach SS captains though so that's your typical shounen formula.
Ill give this a watch.
I love a good shonen with a decent twist.
Is it just me or unconscious Zenitsu is the strongest character in the series?
i think so as well, if i remember some manga reader said its been hinted as well
btw would love if side character was stronger than main
Binge watched first several episodes of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure subtitled free on VUDU. Was surprised it looked modern. I assumed it had a cartoon series from long ago since I vaguely remember it had maybe a SFC/PS1 video game.
Odd to see characters named Robert E.O. Speedwagon and Tonpetty.
Because it was free and ad supported, I may now be an expert on tampons with the special emergency absorbent weave and panty liners that absorb pee and transform liquid into gel.
I may watch Robotech Southern Cross afterwards on VUDU.
Its number 2 for me from new animes i watched this year (1 is vinland saga)
Ficking hyped for Uzumaki! Junji Ito is my dude.
Its absurdly well executed
Beautiful to look at, great music, great art direction, fun colorful characters
Just an A+ anime
The manga has been around since the 80's, and there was an earlier anime adaptation that isn't well regarded.
HOLY shit! They're making an anime out of this series!?..
remember reading this manga years ago... one of the creepiest ones I've ever read... i'll keep this on my radar.
Im loving Dr Stone aswell.
This year is fantastic.
just started watching this a yesterday... on episode 4 or 5.. so far so good!
Yeah man, looks like it's going to be like a moving book rather than a full blown anime. I like that idea much more, considering the last few adaptations they did of Ito's work were meh.
Oh snap! New Solo leveling chapter.
Wasn’t expecting a release this soon.
Sigurd is the real mvp.
Separate names with a comma.