Television ANDOR (Dragonlord's Recommendation: One of the Best TV Shows of 2022, post #439)

This looks really good.

Rogue One's the best SW movie in the Disney era, and maybe the best movie outside the original three.

12 episodes too, and another 12 for the second (and last?) season. This seems like it will be massive.

That trailer was awesome. Seeing ground level battles focusing on the troops and commanders is gonna be awesome.

Hopefully no force or jedi plot lines just military conflicts in this.

This looks really good.

Rogue One's the best SW movie in the Disney era, and maybe the best movie outside the original three.

12 episodes too, and another 12 for the second (and last?) season. This seems like it will be massive.

200.gif

There's nothing that really pulls me in. It looks like a generic cookie cutter story.

The sad thing is that Disney has decades worth of Lore thanks to the EU, and can cherry pick the best of it and use it to make millions....but they chose not to.

That trailer was awesome. Seeing ground level battles focusing on the troops and commanders is gonna be awesome.

Its just not star wars without the jedi and force.

Theyll make anything in SW universe to cash on it. Whats next,a love/spy political thriller about a sanitition worker who comes in possession of some very dangerous information on a hard drive that could topple the Empire?
ffs....
These spin-offs and stories are moving more and more from the core of Star Wars which is Jedi and Force and basically a fairytale in space.

Last edited:
Not a fan of prequels.

No matter what, Andor is safe.

Basically Disney+ needs content so they're going to pump out as much Marvel and Star Wars content as possible. Star Wars used to be something you anticipated because how rare new content was with film/tv, now it's just completely oversaturated with mediocre entries. You would think after they turned the golden goose into box office poison they would have learned their lesson, but nope just one big success with The Mandalorian and they got a dozen mediocre shows in the pipeline.

Seriously do something different. Who gives a fuck about Andor? Great actor, loved him in Narcos Mexico but I'm not watching this shit. How about a new time period, or some EU stuff. Disney can't seem to do anything but recycle the same shit over and over.

Reading the Thrawn Trilogy you get an impression how vast , rich and fascinating a Star Wars Universe could have been.

A Universe that depictures politics on a grand scale, piracy, secret weapon tech, fantasy elements all with great character development and a Tolkienesque like backstory that sometimes shines through (Sith...etc.).

It shows how destroyed human creativity ends when done through fabricating stories by mega corps.

I am expecting K2-SO to deliver some chuckles.

Why? Is my reaction to this series. A character we already know what happens to n noone care about him.

So many other great ideas they should be having...

Old Republic series
A Luke series post ROTJ
Han Solo series (should been that to start)
A series with Darth Palegious and Sideous

I saw a pic on twitter that showed
obscured by some foreground stuff was a Mando armor, probably a guy sitting wearing it.
If so, could be interesting.

i was a kid and my shitty computer could play the KOTOR series and i've been dreaming about an old republic series since then

Give us starkiller

Plot of force unleashed 1 fits perfectly as story how rebellion was created (starkiller dying and becoming spark for start of rebellion)

They do really seem to have nailed that setting of the empire era before ANH, I think it means this is likely to at the very least be a fun watch even if nothing else ends up being that inspired.

Really though "Andor" seems like a bit of a hard sell based on Rogue One, seems like its as much about the early rebellion.

This looks really good.

Baron Harkonnen origin story?

That high quality shit....NICE!
This is what they should be doing w/ Boba etc.
High quality; shorter seasons, better stories.
Will watch

Back