Television ANDOR (Dragonlord's Recommendation: One of the Best TV Shows of 2022, post #439)

I got my popcorn & heart burn medicine ready.

How about you guys?
Wasn't interested in the show when they first announced this but after hearing the positive reviews with many saying that Andor is very different from the other Star Wars TV shows and that it's more gritty and grounded, I'm now looking forward to Andor.

i had no real interest except for it being star wars.
review sounds great and im more keen for this than HoTD for example

Wasn't interested in the show when they first announced this but after hearing the positive reviews with many saying that Andor is very different from the other Star Wars TV shows and that it's more gritty and grounded, I'm now looking forward to Andor.

Keep in mind Kathleen Kennedy is still the president of LucasFilm.

Don't get your hopes up too high.

Of all the subjects to do a series on they pick one of the least interesting.

Of all the subjects to do a series on they pick one of the least interesting.
In a way, though, maybe thats a good thing. part of the problem with stuff like Obi-Wan is all the baggage that comes with it. Andor is a character thats already dead and gone so its not like theres much to fuck up. Plus a lot of the criticism of the new star wars content is they keep playing it too close to home and dont venture out into new territory. And even though andor is technically not a new character, his time period is pretty fertile ground for stories and Tony Gilroy is capable of making some pretty awesome shit. Rogue One was surprised a lot of people because it wasnt fluff, it was actually kind of gritty. So theres lots of ways this can succeed and I dont think theres so much emotional investment in the character to disappoint people.

In a way, though, maybe thats a good thing. part of the problem with stuff like Obi-Wan is all the baggage that comes with it. Andor is a character thats already dead and gone so its not like theres much to fuck up. Plus a lot of the criticism of the new star wars content is they keep playing it too close to home and dont venture out into new territory. And even though andor is technically not a new character, his time period is pretty fertile ground for stories and Tony Gilroy is capable of making some pretty awesome shit. Rogue One was surprised a lot of people because it wasnt fluff, it was actually kind of gritty. So theres lots of ways this can succeed and I dont think theres so much emotional investment in the character to disappoint people.
Star Wars has such vast lore and cultures they can pull from, yet they often keep it close to the vest, at least the Disney shit. George tried to give us something new each time. I've read a lot of SW books, which also took us to numerous cool and different settings.

They pretty much ripped off Jedi Fallen Order's initial setting here, but it was cool to see a ship breaker planet in a live adaptation. I also liked the focus on the complacency of the "arrogant" Imperials and their inner workings. What a shock they weren't all white dudes this time lol

I kind of feel badly for the dude put in temporary charge. Andor did murder a guy in cold blood, he was just trying to do his job.

I just finished the first 3 episodes, liked it. I feel like it could have been one hour long episode instead, but episode 3 wrapped up his time before joining the Rebels nicely. I liked that they took us to a different place we spent some time in. That's one thing I liked about the Han Solo story/movie, it was somewhere new and different.

Andor's female friend is fine af btw.
B1CLJQ6Bx_1256x620.jpg

Last edited:
Just about to finish episode 2. This is such bullshit. WTF is this nonsense?

Looking at it from star wars eyes, its boring AF.
Looking at it obj. , the acting is great, lots of attention to detail unlike Boba Fett, characters feel more distinctive and has its own vibe.
But in either case i find it kinda dull but that might change.

"Local Star Wars fan who has hated all Star Wars shows since Return of the Jedi, skeptical about this new Star Wars show"

So far after 3 eps, not the awful crap Disney is capable of making. A good diff is the background music is unlike anything I've heard in Star Wars. So far no real lame kiddie scenes.

When Bix went for booty call and opened her top, I was expecting bare boobs.

Meh. Of all the stories or old/new characters they could have chosen for this. What a waste.

These Disney/Lucasfilm execs don't know what to do with the Star Wars property. They should just give it to Kevin Feige.
Was my immediate thought too

Rogue one is average. Basically just another story where we battle a machine that blows up a planet but take out all of the good characters and replace them with bland nobodies. Tack on a GORGEOUS DELICIOUS blast to the past at the end which was the only memorable part of the movie.

Back