Anderson Thought He "Cracked His Leg" In 1st Round vs Bisping

B0mbSquad

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/2/2...he-cracked-his-leg-against-bisping-ufc-london

"He felt a kick he landed in the first round, thought he cracked his leg and a screw moved," Dorea said. "That limited his movements, made him stop attacking for a moment. I asked him to attack, but he said ‘professor, I'm feeling it, I have no confidence'. I said ‘use your heart, you're Anderson Silva, go after him'.

"Silva did some exams after the fight. He suffered an injury, but the screw didn't move," he added. "I don't know how bad the injury was, but I know the screw didn't move and he won't need a surgery. He was in pain in the locker room, but he won't need surgery. He was in pain, he couldn't even put his shoes on, but he's fine now."

Say what you want. Anderson Silva is a very special martial artist and competitor.

Add "felt a screw move" to the big Brazilian Book.

He threw a sick front kick and nice flying knee later on in the fight. So... not sure what to make of this.

He threw a sick front kick and nice flying knee later on in the fight. So... not sure what to make of this.
Of course, those are the exact leg techniques I would throw if I had to throw ones and I thought my shin was messed up.

Interesting. I'm inclined to believe Silva now that I think about how much his output was lacking. I remember he threw some hard kicks early, but not late.

Don't think anyone in this thread has fought after a broken leg. Mental trauma will be there for a long time.

Though I saw him limping at one point anyone else notice?

Of course, those are the exact leg techniques I would throw if I had to throw ones and I thought my shin was messed up.

Interesting. I'm inclined to believe Silva now that I think about how much his output was lacking. I remember he threw some hard kicks early, but not late.
Look at the screw locations. Theyre near the knee and closer to the ankle.

Don't think anyone in this thread has fought after a broken leg. Mental trauma will be there for a long time.
His coach kinda said it... he was mentally fucked after this injury occurred. Obviously it wasn't a serious injury, but take it from me, a guy who has broken his hand multiple times and has had many surgeries to correct it... if I were to throw a punch and hurt it enough to think one of the screws was loose, I'd lose a lot of confidence in that hand.
I'm no Silva nut swinger btw. I don't like the man that much, but think he's an excellent fighter. It would explain a few things if this is true. I know from personal experience what it's like to suffer a traumatic injury and hen re-injure. The sad fact, in my eyes, is that he's likely to never fully recover from that broken leg. The first sign it's hurt, that scenario is going to replay in his mind over and over again. It may be time for the spider to hang them up, in my opinion. Not because he's slow, or because he sucks.. because he's not going to be able to compete at the level he needs to in order to maintain his legacy.

If I need a hug it's because I was sad to see Anderson lose to the likes of Bisping.

I'll tell you what - The judges saw it how they saw it. That aside, I would have much rather have been Anderson Silva in rounds 3, 4 and 5.

that doesn't explain why he didn't throw more punches, kick with his other leg, elbows, or attempt to submit Bisping when he was rocked out of his mind going into the 4th.

If he spent more time fighting in the octagon, instead of dancing around, acting like a jackass, I would look upon him with a little more favor. Potential goat reduced to an eye roll inducing has been.

I just hope he doesn't take another damn year off due to suspension or lack of good fights at MW, let's see Silva vs. Kennedy before UFC 200.

If it happened in the first round, it must of been the body kick he gave Bisping. I thought i heard a bit of a whip sound when it landed. Was wondering why he didn't attempt more as I thought the first one hurt Bisping a bit.

He needs to just call it a career. Nothing left to prove, has millions of dollars, and isn't getting any younger. Go enjoy your life.

Back