Anderson Thought He "Cracked His Leg" In 1st Round vs Bisping

Are cornermen allowed to carry a phillips head screwdriver each?

Sounds like his snapped leg is still in his head.

"90% of the game is half mental"- Kenny Florian

He threw a sick front kick and nice flying knee later on in the fight. So... not sure what to make of this.

I think the real test is if he throws two strikes with the same limb in fairly quick succesion.

Come on guys, stop drinking hatorade.

I dont know if its in his head or not. His team have been making alot of stupid crybaby statements since then.
Its just one of those things you gotta live with. I dont think it affected the outcome of the fight at all.

I had the same injury and the same reconstructive surgery. That damn rod ain't going no where.

I have a plate and 6 screws in my ankle from a hockey injury. From time to time it will feel weird when skating or running and I definitely get a worry for a moment that something is wrong. Silva's injury was way worse than mine and he's in the middle of a fight throwing the same kicks that snapped his leg the first time. I could totally understand where he's coming from. He's not making an excuse, it's a legit feeling and mental concern m.

Bisping-cut.jpg

Dat eye tho. It looks like he is already blind out of it.

He has had serious eye problems for a while now. Detached retina I think. Long before he fought Silva.

Are you a professional cage fighter with Anderson Silva-like kicking power?

You can kick as hard as you want, you're not going to break titanium.

Edit: but to be fair, when it first happened and I would do anything atheltic like run or jump or make sudden movements, I would sometimes feel my screws "pop." He hasn't had his for that long, I could see how that could concern him. But that shit is anchored in there, trust me.

Last edited:
You can kick as hard as you want, you're not going to break titanium.

Edit: but to be fair, when it first happened and I would do anything atheltic like run or jump or make sudden movements, I would sometimes feel my screws "pop." He hasn't had his for that long, I could see how that could concern him. But that shit is anchored in there, trust me.

I believe your experience, I was just saying that Anderson's application of the damaged limb might be a little more strenuous. That aside, I'm sure the mental impact is even more severe. Could take a long time to overcome an injury like that from a psychological standpoint.

Back