Anderson Thought He "Cracked His Leg" In 1st Round vs Bisping

It looked like Anderson was already limping before the fight. I wonder if he was already somewhat injured going into it.

It's going to be a long time before he gets over that unfortunately. Long after he retires from fighting.

Breaking bones is a shitty experience. Doing it like that is definitely traumatic.

So I've had ongoing back issues for like 3/4 years, the same thing as Cain just got surgery for, and I can tell you that even when it was healed you are always kind of worried about it... So I can see where Anderson is coming from. It might always be on his mind. That being said, if it's going to be a major distraction for him during fighting and stop him from throwing kicks then he might need to consider not fighting any more if it's going to negatively effect him to the point where he's not fighting to his own perceived best.

Since when is it news that Anderson Silva has a loose screw?

On one side, A.Silva did suffer a career threatening injury. On another side, he lost because he fooled around and clowned like he always does. So i guess your comment is on point.

Add "felt a screw move" to the big Brazilian Book.

55edbcaefce18efb16d30b52401d29f4.jpg

Thats really sad. When i was wathcing the fight I remember thinking about his injury when he kicked with that leg.

I imagine it must be a sickening feeling to kick and actually feel a screw moving inside. :eek:

Not sure if I could ever mentally recover from having my shin snapped. I can barely recover from just having watched it. Even thinking about it gives me PTSD.

I can imagine after an injury like that, he some mental problem. Every pain near that shin remembers him on that injury. Very tough to overcome together with his age.
Similar with Tyrone Spong, he's changing to boxing again, after a couple of cancelled mma fight. Also be ause of his leg.

I was wondering why he didn't kick for the first half of the fight.

Shit, I hope he retires. He's going to get himself damaged.

Gif of the kick????

Add "felt a screw move" to the big Brazilian Book.
Come on. That's kind of ignorant.
Is "I have no confidence" one as well?

I'm sure you have broken your leg and still do a strict leg only workout consisting of professional fights at the highest stage.

He needs to change his style, stop relying so much on shin kicks with that leg.

I don't think he wants to retire, not fighting is very boring.

Tyrone Spong has the same problem. He was a beast, but he will never be the same.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/2/2...he-cracked-his-leg-against-bisping-ufc-london

"He felt a kick he landed in the first round, thought he cracked his leg and a screw moved," Dorea said. "That limited his movements, made him stop attacking for a moment. I asked him to attack, but he said ‘professor, I'm feeling it, I have no confidence'. I said ‘use your heart, you're Anderson Silva, go after him'.

"Silva did some exams after the fight. He suffered an injury, but the screw didn't move," he added. "I don't know how bad the injury was, but I know the screw didn't move and he won't need a surgery. He was in pain in the locker room, but he won't need surgery. He was in pain, he couldn't even put his shoes on, but he's fine now."

Say what you want. Anderson Silva is a very special martial artist and competitor.

Right.
This show a mental problem surrounding his injuries and his recent loses. This show that his decline is not because of his age. It's his state of mind.

BTW, I have a good amount of metal in my arm. When I hit people with it, I can feel it move and I have in fact, knocked 3 screws loose. It hurts and it is not fun.

I'll always remember the the day "Loctite Silva" was born.

Back