Anderson Thought He "Cracked His Leg" In 1st Round vs Bisping

Don't think anyone in this thread has fought after a broken leg. Mental trauma will be there for a long time.

Yep. If I had ever suffered an injury like he did against Weidman, I'd be afraid to walk much less throw kicks again. Shows Andy is tougher than people give him credit for.

No, I can't.

I don't love when fighters catch other fighters on the tail end of their careers, like Schaub.

If this was his signature fight it shouldn't say Silva it should say 41-year-old Silva.

Should it also say 38 year old Bisping at tail end of his career and nearly blind in one eye?

I'm not saying Anderson has the chin he used to, because he doesn't... But Nick Diaz KO'd the current WW champ. A knockout is usually due to a combination of timing and accuracy. Power takes a back seat.

That's Diaz only ever actual " ko " pretty much. The rest of his finishes via strikes are him simply overwhelming gassed out journeymen or cans. He's got good boxing, but he isn't really a guy you have to worry about koing you. Unless you got cement feet and can't move and get cornered against the cage and eat 30 shots from him.

Should it also say 38 year old Bisping at tail end of his career and nearly blind in one eye?

If this fight had happened four years ago, how do you think it would have ended?

I like Bisping and respect the hell out of what he's accomplished but I have a huge issue with fighters looking to collect the scalps of their heroes once they're diminished. It's one of the resasons I dislike Schaub so much.

If this fight had happened four years ago, how do you think it would have ended?

I like Bisping and respect the hell out of what he's accomplished but I have a huge issue with fighters looking to collect the scalps of their heroes once they're diminished. It's one of the resasons I dislike Schaub so much.
I don't think it's comparable with Schaub since that's a fairly young guy picking up wins against declining fighters, while Bisping has as much wear and tear as Anderson, if not even more.

I've had that exact same injury. Every tap you feel it and hurts confidence. Gets worse with age. Anderson just needs to retire to his beach house and raise his family.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/2/2...he-cracked-his-leg-against-bisping-ufc-london

"He felt a kick he landed in the first round, thought he cracked his leg and a screw moved," Dorea said. "That limited his movements, made him stop attacking for a moment. I asked him to attack, but he said ‘professor, I'm feeling it, I have no confidence'. I said ‘use your heart, you're Anderson Silva, go after him'.

"Silva did some exams after the fight. He suffered an injury, but the screw didn't move," he added. "I don't know how bad the injury was, but I know the screw didn't move and he won't need a surgery. He was in pain in the locker room, but he won't need surgery. He was in pain, he couldn't even put his shoes on, but he's fine now."

Say what you want. Anderson Silva is a very special martial artist and competitor.

GOAT.... best ever..... records still standing......

Nobody who is worth discussing MMA with thinks this is a win over a legit prime Silva, it's not really worth caring about. It's very clear the Silva Bisping fought is a shadow of his former self, and isn't even worth being ranked in the top 10 at MW.

No, I can't.

I don't love when fighters catch other fighters on the tail end of their careers, like Schaub.

If this was his signature fight it shouldn't say Silva it should say 41-year-old Silva.
People still credit Werdum's sub over Fedor. No one says it happened to a non prime Fedor. People still say it's Werdum's best win. I don't. By far Cain is.

Don't think anyone in this thread has fought after a broken leg. Mental trauma will be there for a long time.
well you are wrong you noob.

majority of the board has done exactly that.

I don't really buy it. I think Silva knows a lot of his fans are frustrated with his lack of effort and too much showboating in a fight he lost so they want to come up with a way to appease them.

He seemed fine physically. Mentally however is where it looked like he was unable to pull the trigger after getting wobbled in the first and knocked down in the 2nd. He spent too much time looking to bait Bisping into making a mistake that would leave the perfect opening.

"loose screw" anderson

Beat him up with a leg injury ............what a GOAT.

Back