Anderson Silva's old coach Diogenes Assahida attacks former student, for switching schools

1:23 (student)
I was passing by in front of his gym, but i had the shirt from the other gym on. So he said he wanted to come down and talk. He told me it was disrespecful to walk by like this. But the thing is, i live one house down the street, and he knows this. This is the same path i take every day. I have to go through it. I never had a problem like this before. He always talked shit, but never came to this. Nothing justifies getting physical though. Even if he thought it was disrespecful.

2:42 (teacher - mad, shirt full of blood)
I was his sensei. I am his father in the fight scene. Do you understand? The guy goes to the other gym talking mad shit about me. Thinking he is the best. That he is kicking ass while other watch, but i am the one who tought him. Now he walks in front of my gym with their shirt on?! This guy has to respect me. I have a lot of history... in my life and in the fight game. I repeat, i taught him everything. But now i lost my mind. We have to go back to the samurai ages. Honor. You need to honor your sensei. No BS. You wear the shirt once, you wear it forever. Listen to your sensei

thanks very much for the translation and yes, what a sad deluded asshole the teacher is. someone park a truck on that guy

"I was a father to you.... i was a father to you. The guy over there wont stand by you and defend you. Do you understand? Do you undertstand?"

Thats what he is telling him in the end of the video there

Sounds like they had a personal relationship and he felt betrayed. Not only because "he switched schools"

Im not justifying it... wrong either way. But ill reserve judgement.
Fuck that I'm judging. That was a shit move. The kid clearly trusted him and got assaulted. If they were so close then words should have been enough.

Hope this guy don’t have a wife and kids.. definitely lacks impulse control

My immediate reactions were:
Why isn't the student fighting back? He had plenty of opportunity to engage and brutally defend himself. Maybe, he is just a new student.

Women can be useless. Your man is being beaten up, and all you can do is stand there and watch. A female lioness would have devoured a gang of hyenas attacking the males of her pride.

BJJ doesn't work in street fights. That coach could have had his head smashed through the concrete going for those submissions. I see UFC fighters doing slams inside the Octagon, and the only reason the BJJ guys survive is because of the padding. In a street fight, even if you completed the submission, I think you will need to get checked out for a epidural hematoma. It is a silent killer from blunt force trauma.

Moral of the story. Brutally defend yourself at all times. You don't owe any unprovoked attacker a fair one. Get a woman who will actually do something positive in a life and death situation. If you can help it, never grapple or go to the ground with an attacker. Stay on your feet and keep your distance.
wow but he's not even good. The student could've slammed him on the concrete at 48 seconds.

He ambushed him and still can't finish the job.
To all idiots saying coach was was his head smashed to concrete on that submission, consider this: the head is under coaches frame, all he would smash was his own head into concrete if he went for a slam, it would be a dangerous stupid move that even other UFC fighter get knocked out by themselves(the ones doing the slam); the kid wouldn't be able to gather enough force to slam him and the coach would only slouch his back and improve position further if the kid tried to go for it, likely his head only grazing the pavement with his back taking most of the impact.

I can understand emotions like this from the coach. Coaches dedicate their energy and attention to particular students, the bonds form over years of training since they go many times a week to their classes.

There's a bit of a difference between a slim woman attacking a trained coach and a 400lb cat with claws and teeth attacking hyenas. And this coach's bullshit about respect is nonsense. Beating the shit out of someone, believe it or not, does not earn their respect. Nor does someone feeling disrespected give them the right to attack the person.

"He insulted me!"
"He insulted my family!"
"He insulted my religion!"
"He insulted my girlfriend!"

None of these are valid reasons for violence. Sick of this bullshit.
100% agree. I just watched the video. That's unprovoked assault and that guy Assahida should be prosecuted and JAILED.

There's too much street violence and these people need to be put behind bars. It's all on video, there's really no contest on that.

Good. The only way you should be allowed to switch schools is if you first defeat your instructor in a hand to hand fight to the death.

"I was a father to you.... i was a father to you. The guy over there wont stand by you and defend you. Do you understand? Do you undertstand?"

Thats what he is telling him in the end of the video there

Sounds like they had a personal relationship and he felt betrayed. Not only because "he switched schools"

Im not justifying it... wrong either way. But ill reserve judgement.
You are going to reserve judgement against this POS assaulting a kid? You seem to be a similar sized ahole.

I'd switch schools too if my coach pulled guard in a street fight.

He should have slammed that cunt through the pavement.

i translated this and it seems the guy who threw the first punch was very angry because the kid didnt like last jedi and he did.... at the end you can hear him pleading with the guy to just admit he likes last jedi

My immediate reactions were:
Why isn't the student fighting back? He had plenty of opportunity to engage and brutally defend himself. Maybe, he is just a new student.

Women can be useless. Your man is being beaten up, and all you can do is stand there and watch. A female lioness would have devoured a gang of hyenas attacking the males of her pride.

BJJ doesn't work in street fights. That coach could have had his head smashed through the concrete going for those submissions. I see UFC fighters doing slams inside the Octagon, and the only reason the BJJ guys survive is because of the padding. In a street fight, even if you completed the submission, I think you will need to get checked out for a epidural hematoma. It is a silent killer from blunt force trauma.

Moral of the story. Brutally defend yourself at all times. You don't owe any unprovoked attacker a fair one. Get a woman who will actually do something positive in a life and death situation. If you can help it, never grapple or go to the ground with an attacker. Stay on your feet and keep your distance.

I agree with your post

My girl would jump probably faster than me LoL

No but really, one thing Id like to add to your incredible survival list is the moment you think it can get physical, and they get within striking range, strike first. Never let them get off first, ever. And dont just hit once, be relentless until neutralized imo.

Anderson Silva recently made some comments on the incident, and he definitely didn't side with his former coach. Bad look for that asshole, im not trying to spell his name. Anyways here we go, courtesy of mmafighting:

”I think each person has its own views,” Silva said (via MMA Fighting). “I’m from a time where you respect your coach, the coach respected the student. I never had any problem with any of my coaches, I’ve always respected them. I have (Rogerio) Camoes, master (Luiz) Dorea and master (Ricardo) De La Riva as second fathers for me because they are always helping me, always showing me the path to go to get to where I want.”

”That’s an isolated fact, it’s sad, because when you’re titled a master you have to give the example no matter if your student leaves the gym or not, if he continues or not. He has to follow his own path. The moment you open a gym, and you pass your knowledge forward, you can’t stop this student from creating his own path. Unfortunately, each person has his own views and opinions about it. It’s an unfortunate fact.”

That kid is obviously way too good for that guy. And how did that loser not finish that guillotine? Please tell me he’s not a bjj coach

You are going to reserve judgement against this POS assaulting a kid? You seem to be a similar sized ahole.
Maybe you should try reading the rest of the thread before saying that kind of shit

Maybe you should try reading the rest of the thread before saying that kind of shit
Just finished, I don't think I saw anything to indicate that the old man isn't an absolute piece of shit.

Well, walking past your old gym with your new gyms tshirt was never going to end well

You never ever want your girl involved at all in a street fight that you’re in. And yes BJJ can work in a street fight. Probably not often, but I certainly can happen. I learned both of these things during a road rage altercation with a biker.

Just finished, I don't think I saw anything to indicate that the old man isn't an absolute piece of shit.
<KingstonFrown>

Obviously i was talking about this part "You seem to be a similar sized ahole."

And the fact i say multiple times that he is a douche.
Spefically a part i mention " I take everything i said back. The teacher is a moron. lol"

"Just finished"
<DontBelieve1>

tenor.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back