Anderson Silva's old coach Diogenes Assahida attacks former student, for switching schools

BJJ doesn't work in street fights. That coach could have had his head smashed through the concrete going for those submissions. I see UFC fighters doing slams inside the Octagon, and the only reason the BJJ guys survive is because of the padding. In a street fight, even if you completed the submission, I think you will need to get checked out for a epidural hematoma. It is a silent killer from blunt force trauma.

upload_2019-4-11_14-45-50.gif

BJJ definitely works in a street fight. Especially against a larger opponent. Just don’t be stupid... Trying a Guillotine??? Not a good idea! Position matters!

View attachment 563685

BJJ definitely works in a street fight. Especially against a larger opponent. Just don’t be stupid... Trying a Guillotine??? Not a good idea! Position matters!
BJJ should be a last resort on the streets. This is what I truly mean when I say "it doesn't work." Of course, knowing something that is applicable in a specific situation is better than not knowing anything.

BJJ should be a last resort on the streets. This is what I truly mean when I say "it doesn't work." Of course, knowing something that is applicable in a specific situation is better than not knowing anything.
Pff of course bjj works in the street amd not just defensivley or as a last resort but i would never ever pull guard in the street.

Pff of course bjj works in the street amd not just defensivley or as a last resort but i would never ever pull guard in the street.
I wouldn't even let the opponent clinch me, if I could help it. So, if you are not even going to let the opponent clinch, then BJJ is obviously not the best weapon for initial defense.

Best defense is to run away, if you can, because you have to assume that it is a gang ambush.

It could be too that the kid leavin was a total asshole about it but that gives him no right to sneak attack the guy like that. Wtf.

Really tho he couldnt even really beat his own student up. Lol

Anderson Silva's old coach Diogenes Assahida attacks former student, for switching schools
attack like a coward,
because he was still scared to get beat up by his former student
this is the best way to trash your reputation in one move

<{Joewithit}>

I wouldn't even let the opponent clinch me, if I could help it. So, if you are not even going to let the opponent clinch, then BJJ is obviously not the best weapon for initial defense.

Best defense is to run away, if you can, because you have to assume that it is a gang ambush.
You dont have time to assume its a gang ambush. Some peoples natural instinct on being attacked is to either strike back immediatley or clinch and take control. Whenver ive been cheap shotted i clinch immediatley so i can recover,out of instinct.

In that situation it was dumb. He was standing over the guy and let him up to go for a guillotine and pull guard. The way Askren finished Aoki when he pulled guard is how I'd imagine it would be in a life or death street fight. The pupil there didnt slam him probably out of respect for the old man.

To all you guys saying the woman should have done something, I disagree.

She was telling them to stop and that's about as much as I'd expect from a woman. This was not a guy trying to kill her boyfriend, this was not a legit life and death situation, it was a conflict being resolved by two men who are both very capable of defending themselves.

A woman should never strike a man unless she's willing to get struck back, and a woman should NEVER put her self in that situation unless it's a life or death situation.

In that situation it was dumb. He was standing over the guy and let him up to go for a guillotine and pull guard. The way Askren finished Aoki when he pulled guard is how I'd imagine it would be in a life or death street fight. The pupil there didnt slam him probably out of respect for the old man.
Exact!

kid was too nice...should have gone for the spike on concrete ;)

Women can be useless. Your man is being beaten up, and all you can do is stand there and watch. A female lioness would have devoured a gang of hyenas attacking the males of her pride.

There's a bit of a difference between a slim woman attacking a trained coach and a 400lb cat with claws and teeth attacking hyenas. And this coach's bullshit about respect is nonsense. Beating the shit out of someone, believe it or not, does not earn their respect. Nor does someone feeling disrespected give them the right to attack the person.

"He insulted me!"
"He insulted my family!"
"He insulted my religion!"
"He insulted my girlfriend!"

None of these are valid reasons for violence. Sick of this bullshit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back