Anderson Silva

It's strange to me how many people want to see Anderson v. Nick. That fight is a squash match that holds absolutely no appeal to me. It might even be worse than the Bonnar fight.

I wouldn't mind Anderson v. Cung, though.

And? That doesn't dispute the fact that he is a natural Light Heavyweight that has fought at LH twice and dominated twice.
You can argue that the weight won't be that big of a factor for Diaz to overcome, you can even argue that Nick has no problem at MW, but the fact that Andy is a natural LH can't be disputed.

Except Anderson fought at Welterweight earlier in his career and never had problems making MW. He's a Middleweight....When does a fighters natural weight come into something when 90% of them cut?

Dude, wtf are you talking about? He stood with his hands down and his back on the cage in front of Bonnar. Weidman, Sonnen, almost any MW you can think of would also be tagged trying something like that.

right...and they arent world class strikers either.

I'd watch. Just don't make AS vs The Chris 3, I like Andy too much so see something else happen to him. Maybe if he one punches Diaz, wheel kicks Le and submits Mike, then I could get on board. Until then though, just give him showcase fights.

Anderson would demolish Nick, and then say "I back."

Nick would be mad at Anderson't head movement, would say it equates to running, and would (again) rage quit.

...the fact that bonnar landed any shots should tell you about the level of andersons striking.

Bonnar has landed on everyone. Big fucking deal. It was still a blowout and silva showed who was superior in a fight he was showboating in.

Diaz is perfect for this. He won't utilize cheap tactics to try to take advantage of Anderson's questionable leg. I could see someone like bisping constantly leg kicking the bad leg. Diaz will stand and trade with mostly punches.

Everyone wins if this fight is put together.
Give Nick a huge payday.
Give Silva a tune up fight that will let him shake off some rust and against someone who won't knock his head off with out shot.
Give the fans a super fight.

DO you realize there is no bad leg? Now he got an enhanced Titanium leg. His only problem may be his mind/fear of suffering that injury again.

Trying to solidify the worst 3 fight streak in UFC history. Embarrassing KO, horrible injury defeat, and now humiliating loss. Nick Diaz is going to mentally destroy Anderson. He really is like Roy Jones Jr.

I'd be all over it. I don't want either guy to ever lose again. But I could handle doaz losing to silva...vice versa

That fight would SELL. I'd buy that card more willingly than any other title fight outside of Jones vs Gus.

Natural Light Heavyweight vs. Natural Welterweight.
Seems like a fun matchup, but the weight issue may play a big factor.

Yeah that's what everyone should notice right off the bat. Anderson is calling out a guy basically two weight classes down. I know he wants to have a feel out fight first because of the bad injury but man...stay in your own weight class.

I guess his options are quite limited though. He wants a big name fight, Chael is too risky for him, Bones is waaaay too big and too good for him, he wants nothing to do with the chris. That erases all the "big money" fights from MW and LHW.

So he's stuck at looking WW and since GSP retired, Nick Diaz is the logical choice. Should be good money and big buzz over those fan bases and very little risk of actually losing. Possible highlight reel finish since Nick will stay and bang, and there's really no way Nick will KO Anderson.

Very calculated and safe, makes sense from everyones perspective though. UFC can build back up one of their big names, Nick gets a payday, Anderson gets another household name under his belt and people will not really care that it was a completely unfair fight to begin with. UFC propaganda machine will feed us how dangerous Nick Diaz is at MW and most will buy it.

Trying to solidify the worst 3 fight streak in UFC history. Embarrassing KO, horrible injury defeat, and now humiliating loss. Nick Diaz is going to mentally destroy Anderson. He really is like Roy Jones Jr.

Lol and now troll #2 joins.... Coincidentally both are brown belts.:)

Nick would probably come back to fight Anderson.

But I wonder at what weight they would have the fight.

Anderson would look even more frail at 170.

LOL at people calling Anderson a natural LHW and whining that Anderson will be 30lbs bigger than Nick..... (what a joke).

Anderson was 197lbs against Chael (2nd fight) and was still fringe 10% bodyfat..... (buh buh he's a huge LHW !). There's multiple reports of him being under 200 once he gets into fight shape (buh buh he's 230lbs !).

Nick should easily weight 185-192lbs if he accepts this fight (how in the hell can little nick fight a guy in the upper 190s ! oh the horror :rolleyes: ).

Nick called out Silva a long time ago, and has recently called out AS. AS and his management are just responding.

Bisping has also called out Anderson.
Bisping also has bigger PPV numbers then Diaz.
Bisping is not retired.
Bisping fights in Anderson's weight class.

Let's fight the WW.

I have no clue why so many want to see this fight. What the hell is going on?

I don't like this match-up but lol at any clown that thinks it would actually be competitive.

Diaz, the guy boxed up by GSP and exposed by Condit, being competitive with Anderson? Yeah... :redface:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Baker
Back