Anderson Silva

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Now remember this is Ed Soares talking and they like to play with the media to help their negotiations. :)

Manager: Anderson Silva

Dana better pay Nick 500K to fight Anderson.

I would order that PPV in a second.

Looks like Nick is gonna get his payday after all

Small price to pay for the inevitable permanent brain trauma he will suffer

Not sure if would be butthurt or laugh at Nick flipping off Silva between rounds

I don't think Silva wins this as easily as everyone thinks. He'd be the rightful favorite but Nick would not go down easy.

ive been saying for a while now that I think thats the matchup theyll end up making when silva returns. Im pretty sure diaz would take the fight since he wanted to fight him before.

I think the odds will be pretty even honestly. Nick is in his prime while silva is out of his prime and is coming back from a serious injury.

Bisping/Anderson kind of has to happen at some point
But Nick/Anderson would just be too absurd to not book. It's like a freakshow fight that would be competitive and actually make sense

make it happen pls! This would be the mother of all PPVs when handled correctly. we know it and Dana knows it. The fight would be amazing.

i would want to see anderson make a fool of nick diaz in the octagon

Natural Light Heavyweight vs. Natural Welterweight.
Seems like a fun matchup, but the weight issue may play a big factor.

put it on the new years card or 4th of july card

in stockton !!

ive been saying for a while now that I think thats the matchup theyll end up making when silva returns. Im pretty sure diaz would take the fight since he wanted to fight him before.

I think the odds will be pretty even honestly. Nick is in his prime while silva is out of his prime and is coming back from a serious injury.

Yea, I pretty much feel the same, and if they were crazy odds for silva id prolly chuck a little money down on nick. Nothing crazy cause theres a good chance he will lose, but under all the circumstances it probably wouldn't be a bad bet to make

Diaz is perfect for this. He won't utilize cheap tactics to try to take advantage of Anderson's questionable leg. I could see someone like bisping constantly leg kicking the bad leg. Diaz will stand and trade with mostly punches.

Everyone wins if this fight is put together.
Give Nick a huge payday.
Give Silva a tune up fight that will let him shake off some rust and against someone who won't knock his head off with out shot.
Give the fans a super fight.

Natural Light Heavyweight vs. Natural Welterweight.
Seems like a fun matchup, but the weight issue may play a big factor.

I don't even think Anderson is in the top 5 biggest MW's of the last year or two.

Bisping/Anderson kind of has to happen at some point
But Nick/Anderson would just be too absurd to not book. It's like a freakshow fight that would be competitive and actually make sense

Competitive? I don't see Nick dealing with Anderson's kicks and movements well at all. Without a threat of a takedown, Anderson is arguably the scariest striker in MMA. Even if he comes back 80%, I would still expect him to finish Diaz.

Diaz is perfect for this. He won't utilize cheap tactics to try to take advantage of Anderson's questionable leg. I could see someone like bisping constantly leg kicking the bad leg. Diaz will stand and trade with mostly punches.

Everyone wins if this fight is put together.
Give Nick a huge payday.
Give Silva a tune up fight that will let him shake off some rust and against someone who won't knock his head off with out shot.
Give the fans a super fight.

anderson can get his leg kick confidence back since diaz never checks them

PPV gold, right there. Has to happen.

The fans want it, Nick wants, it, Anderson wants it. Would do huge numbers. Would make Zuffa a huge profit. Would draw a ton of casuals. Would grow the sport.

Don't doubt that Dana will find a way to blow this.

Back