Anderson Silva

Fuck it, It's a fun fight. I'd pay for it.

Competitive? I don't see Nick dealing with Anderson's kicks and movements well at all. Without a threat of a takedown, Anderson is arguably the scariest striker in MMA. Even if he comes back 80%, I would still expect him to finish Diaz.

Nick Diaz can check kicks, contrary to popular belief. That always keeps him in this fight

Competitive? I don't see Nick dealing with Anderson's kicks and movements well at all. Without a threat of a takedown, Anderson is arguably the scariest striker in MMA. Even if he comes back 80%, I would still expect him to finish Diaz.

Anderson is like 50% of his prime.

I don't even think Anderson is in the top 5 biggest MW's of the last year or two.

And? That doesn't dispute the fact that he is a natural Light Heavyweight that has fought at LH twice and dominated twice.
You can argue that the weight won't be that big of a factor for Diaz to overcome, you can even argue that Nick has no problem at MW, but the fact that Andy is a natural LH can't be disputed.

And? That doesn't dispute the fact that he is a natural Light Heavyweight that has fought at LH twice and dominated twice.
You can argue that the weight won't be that big of a factor for Diaz to overcome, you can even argue that Nick has no problem at MW, but the fact that Andy is a natural LH can't be disputed.

oh god, what is this 2009? lol

"ANDERSON IS 240 BETWEEN CAMPS!"

ugh not this crap again

i can definitely see them making a supercard with this fight included. even if theres a title fight in the card, Anderson vs Diaz should be the main event.

I don't think Silva wins this as easily as everyone thinks. He'd be the rightful favorite but Nick would not go down easy.

Anderson would cut up Diaz worse than lk did...

I respectfully disagree.

Nick Diaz can check kicks, contrary to popular belief. That always keeps him in this fight

I guess but I think both Nick and Nate get lazy with it. I could still see Anderson moving a lot and eventually setting up a head kick KO. And probably due to the size and strength advantage, he may even utilize the clinch more and knee Nick into a living death. Nick not having great takedowns makes this fight a lot less interesting IMO.

I'm fairly certain Diaz/Silva will happen. It's an easy 1 million buys PPV and Anderson doesn't have to worry about checking kicks. It's easily the fight to make and Diaz has said he would do it.

Make it happen- Superbowl Weekend. Nick gets a huge payday, Silva can get a good comeback win, Zuffa will sell a lot of PPV's and everyone will cash in big. Makes sense.

This match up would be great however Nick won't fall for those wolf tickets so easily.

people would get excited for it but the fight would probably look like shit. both guys coming off losses and big lay offs. nick would probably out strike anderson at this point

I see nothing to gain for Andy in this.

Would everyone rather have this instead of Bisping on New Years Eve?

I guess but I think both Nick and Nate get lazy with it. I could still see Anderson moving a lot and eventually setting up a head kick KO. And probably due to the size and strength advantage, he may even utilize the clinch more and knee Nick into a living death. Nick not having great takedowns makes this fight a lot less interesting IMO.

lol i'm joking dude.

Silva kills diaz imo, but Nick would stay in there until he couldnt go anymore

Back