"Anderson Silva will get titleshot with win over diaz"

Silva is my favorite...and I am not ok with it. Let silva have at least 2 fights 1st. One against a contender.

I want to see Silva vs. Chris III... I am one of those who believe that first and second fight didn't show the winner is better... one of rare fights where I saw that I can't say the winner is better than loser... the circumstances were just unfortunate... and Weidman being better than Silva in both fights in the first rounds... it happened to Silva more than just once against other opponents.

I am not convinced at all by both ot their fights. How we say ''The third time is a charm''.

Despite unfortunate endings and slow starts from Anderson, he was having his ass handed to him each fight until he got finished, there was no point in the 2 fights that Anderson looked better than Chris. Anderson was very lucky to make it out of the first round in the second fight.

Coming off of back to back losses, fighting a 170 lb contender who is winless in 2, doesn't really scream for a third fight. Anderson himself said he didn't want to be back at the title but wanted fun interesting fights... like Diaz etc. If he beats him let him keep doing these interesting fun fights, his time as a champion is over.

Weidman gonna say "Break a leg silva" And he litterally will.

Doubt Dana is being honest here. I think Silva vs Weidman III, at least at this point, is a bad idea even business-wise.

The end of the second fight was a little disappointing, so I'm okay with a third fight. Not to mention it really should not surprise anyone.

Actually acting like an idiot is a part of his game plan to try and lure his opponents in so he can counter them. He knew exactly what he was doing and it failed. Weidman will beat him again.

If he beats him again, he beats him... still I would like to see a third fight.

I love Silva but don't want to see him fight Weidman again. Just throw him some easy, highlight potential and call it a career.

Anderson will beat his ass again

You have almost 3000 posts in 9 months... I'm guessing most are as bad as this one... Man, if it weren't for the memes and gifs and the laughs, I would never be able to stomach sherdog posters.

Is it really just about money now and not about a mixture of money and legitimacy of the sport?

it's like they don't even try to keep it legit anymore.

there was a time before all the instant rematches and BS when you felt like it was a real sport, but those times are long gone.

I want to see Silva vs. Chris III... I am one of those who believe that first and second fight didn't show the winner is better... one of rare fights where I saw that I can't say the winner is better than loser... the circumstances were just unfortunate... and Weidman being better than Silva in both fights in the first rounds... it happened to Silva more than just once against other opponents.

I am not convinced at all by both ot their fights. How we say ''The third time is a charm''.

I agree 100%

I don't like it. Doesn't even sound particularly safe. Let him beat someone like Bisping first to make sure he's even a shadow of his former self.

i wonder if the man himself Anderson Silva is even eager for a title shot against Weidman again (I like Vitor a ton but got to go with the guy who dethroned Anderson the Great who is not just younger in age but also in career/less damage).

Ironically, it's comparable to Rich Franklin fighting Anderson and you can just see the fear and reluctance, not as a man but as a fighter, he had for Anderson. It would be more fun to see Anderson in another exhibition, high profile, non-title fight. Such as Bisping, before any title talks.

Silva is getting old. This is Dana's last chance to make money with him so he's gonna take it. Given the endings of the two fights, people will be open to the rematch, especially if he dominates Diaz.

I agree with this. Dana knows that Silva will PROBABLY get past Diaz , but would PROBABLY NOT make it through the top 3-5 contenders without taking another loss . If he loses there is no way you can sell him for another title shot and he will thereafter be much less of a draw. 100 % calculated money grab with a predicable outcome.......not that you could expect much else from a for profit, but Deserve has got nothing to do with it.

Silva gets a Welter weight that has no chance of winning and gets a title shot over Jacare and others is a freaking joke. Diaz cant hurt silva anywhere its a lot like the Forest Griffin fight.

Anderson needs at least one more fight before he gets Weidman. Beating Nick Diaz would be impressive but Jacare, Rockhold and even Machida are much more compelling fights for Weidman.

Not totally against the idea of Silva/Weidman III....just not really up for it this soon

Yes... but we know how Silva acted the first fight... idiotic... we know it was a disgrace (no matter what was the reason)... the second one Weidman was better in the first round, but didn't affect Silva or damage him... Silva did break his leg, because of Weidman checking it... but we know... it happens.

I want to see a convincing fight, because for me, both of their fights weren't.

Didn't affect him or damage him? He dropped him in the clinch, Anderson's eyes rolled back in his head. It's just a good thing for Anderson that he recovered quickly.

Silva has nothing for Weidman, in both fights his best weapon was the leg kick...do you think he'll throw another leg kick vs Weidman?

Anderson wont take a fight against Weidman.

It's pretty obvious the UFC are cashing in while they still can. It'll almost definitely be the same if Nick wins.

'He's the greatest fighter of all time and just finished a tough, durable guy in Nick Diaz. He's next.'

'He just beat the greatest fighter of all time, how can we not give him a shot at Lawler?'

Wait for it. Dana gonna Dana.

Back