Anderson Silva vs Shogun Rua - Who has the better top 5 wins?

lil nog who folds every time he gets hit over chuck who only started losing after his chin cracked?
The Diet Nog who was 11-1 on an 8 fight winning streak with wins over Hendo, Reem, Saku, Mezger and Nakamura when Shogun beat him

Ridiculous thread. Also, prime Anderson murders prime Shogun

If we exchange Hayato Sakurai for Maia and AS wins imo. Maia at 185 was a beast.
Sakura was a ranked p4p and top 1-2 WW with an 18-0 record at the time Silva defeated him. He was an elite win for Silva

I'd put both prime Diet Nog and prime Arona well above past-prime Forrest and even Chuck

I have Chuck up there because of the name value and status. When Shogun beat him, Chuck was arguably the goat at LHW and was coming of those 4 title defenses. Forrest I liked cause he had some good wins in his career over top LHWs and got the belt. I didn't feel like Arona had that. Rogerio I might slide in there for Forrest.

I have Chuck up there because of the name value and status. When Shogun beat him, Chuck was arguably the goat at LHW and was coming of those 4 title defenses. Forrest I liked cause he had some good wins in his career over top LHWs and got the belt. I didn't feel like Arona had that. Rogerio I might slide in there for Forrest.
Chuck was the favorite against Shogun iirc but Chuck had already been KO'd by Shadface and decisioned by Jardine at that point

Anderson is undefeated against Forrest Griffin and Hendo while Shogun is not.

<WellThere>

load mouth
[<diva2]
SplendidAmpleBluemorphobutterfly-size_restricted.gif
?

The Diet Nog who was 11-1 on an 8 fight winning streak with wins over Hendo, Reem, Saku, Mezger and Nakamura when Shogun beat him

Against who? a undersized Sakuraba, the crap Overeem who everyone beat before he became Uber? the Hendo win was ok, but that was decision Dan, not 'knock your head off Dan'.

Ridiculous thread. Also, prime Anderson murders prime Shogun

Anderson only beat brawlers, and run away from grapplers, the only good striker he beat was trtfort and that was with a freak shot.

Shogun via body lock takedown and GnP

Would also take Arona depending on how much surfing and banging Brazilian 10s he did leading up to the fight.

They have mutual opponents both who stopped Shogun and were easily stopped by Silva

thanks

Anderson only beat brawlers, and run away from grapplers, the only good striker he beat was trtfort and that was with a freak shot.

sound like this monkey butt that told me it was a desperate kick live.

You so stupid, why you brag about it?

sound like this monkey butt that told me it was a desperate kick live.

You so stupid, why you brag about it?

So he dominated him and then set him up for the big finish?

Or he was getting chased around, taken down and he tried something new?

Anderson
1. Hayato Sakurai
2. Dan Henderson
3. Forrest Griffin
4. Rich Franklin
5. Carlos Newton

Mauricio
1. Lyoto Machida
2. Quinton Jackson
3. Alistair Overeem
4. Chuck Liddell
5. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
You don’t have vítor belfort on Anderson’s top 5? Wtf!

I'd put both prime Diet Nog and prime Arona well above past-prime Forrest and even Chuck

I was thinking Arona should prolly be there. That was one of the best wins ever @ LHW IMO. Arona arguably had the best top game ever in the division, his gurappling and leg kicks were 2nd to none at the weight and he was under a rule-set, environment (ring) and scoring that stifled his game. Arona with unified rules in a cage would have been monstrous. Dude was on a run, even had a legendary ADCC run where not a single point was scored against him IIRC (which makes Shogun outgrappling and nearly omoplataing him even more impressive), and ended Wands long reign at LHW (Wand only "lost" to a purime Mark Hunt at HW that most thought he won) and his loss was the headbutt slam against Rampage and a close but clear decision loss to Fedor (that was also the only round Fedor would lose for a decade and 33 fights as well)

Arona himself has a hell of a top 5

Wanderlei Silva
Dan Henderson
Alistair Overeem
Ninja Rua
Jeremy Horn

HM: Guy Mezger

Ninja was practically undefeated and most thought he got robbed against Hendo in his only split loss as well. Wouldve been interesting to see the Rampage fight play out without the headbutt too. Couldve put his top 5 at legendary status only rivaled by few in LHW history

And yeah no way Forrest belongs on a top 5 best wins for Shogun

Again, sometimes people just rank how great fighters are based on whether they had titles. Arona was easily a top 5 win for Shogun - Arona was a better fighter than Forrest Griffin, PRIDE Overeem (how is that even debatable?) and 40 year old Chuck Liddell.

Arona was just a boring fighter and technically never held a title, but he was elite and at the very least as good as Tito Ortiz for comparisons sake - probably better to be honest.

Arona beat Wanderlei Silva who was the champion, and basically beat him in their rematch also. Ricardo Arona is easily a top 5 win - and Lil Nogueria would have clowned Forrest Griffin. In fact Lil Nogueria wasnt even bad in the UFC...much less in PRIDE. Dunno what that guy is talking about saying Lil Nogueria never beat anyone - and his fight against Rua was a great one. Rua had to take down Nogueria to beat him.

Back